Author Topic: Drake Regrets Controversial BET Awards Set, "It Was A Terrible Idea"  (Read 1608 times)

Muhfukka

Re: Drake Regrets Controversial BET Awards Set, "It Was A Terrible Idea"
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 07:55:51 PM »
i tried to watch some of it but it was just so poorly put together. i mean they  have a tribute to the O'Jays and play like 4 songs then the O'Jays go have a speach and without anyone really knowing anything they go and start singing. BET needs to higher better ppl to organize their shit for them because it seems like they are never any better then the last.
please that was best awartd show in years . B.E.T kicked every award shows ass . you have to remeber that they had to change things up because of michaels jacksons death .  this was better then any of past b.e.t awards . so you must of not watched it all the way . it was great show . they had new edition,guy, o,jays, tevin campelll & BBD perform that night .they had the best music ever for award show . so this just shows you don't know what you are talking about at all . you don't know crap.  B.E.T had people who did incrediable job organizing this show with michael jackson dying at the last minute. so yo uare totally 100% wrong on BET needs to higher better ppl to organize their shit for them because it seems like they are never any better then the last. that is bullcrap what you said
midwestryder-fuck st louis, nelly, and the 80's

midwestryder

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2009, 08:05:59 PM »
i tried to watch some of it but it was just so poorly put together. i mean they  have a tribute to the O'Jays and play like 4 songs then the O'Jays go have a speach and without anyone really knowing anything they go and start singing. BET needs to higher better ppl to organize their shit for them because it seems like they are never any better then the last.
please that was best awartd show in years . B.E.T kicked every award shows ass . you have to remeber that they had to change things up because of michaels jacksons death .  this was better then any of past b.e.t awards . so you must of not watched it all the way . it was great show . they had new edition,guy, o,jays, tevin campelll & BBD perform that night .they had the best music ever for award show . so this just shows you don't know what you are talking about at all . you don't know crap.  B.E.T had people who did incrediable job organizing this show with michael jackson dying at the last minute. so yo uare totally 100% wrong on BET needs to higher better ppl to organize their shit for them because it seems like they are never any better then the last. that is bullcrap what you said
grow up loser . got to hell with your gay hating self becuase the 80's were better then 90's & today . so fuk you & you whole famnily ,loser & the town you come from because it makes week ass haters like you. so bow down to someone who is better then you

double_a

• 'G'
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, 02:06:11 AM »
who does BET think is listening to that music anyway? girls from the age of 10 to 16 are exposed to that music all the time. i think it's a little awkward that his daughter was on stage while he was singing that, but shes heard it before lol.

"In about three years holla at me Miley Cyrus" - easily line of the year. :laugh:

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!
shows what bet has had these girls singing along to for a good while

double_a

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2009, 02:11:18 AM »
grow up loser . got to hell with your gay hating self becuase the 80's were better then 90's & today . so fuk you & you whole famnily ,loser & the town you come from because it makes week ass haters like you. so bow down to someone who is better then you

GROW UP!...kid

Elano

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2009, 06:17:59 AM »
BET has expressed remorse over a performance by Lil Wayne, Drake and Young Money Records that involved underage girls during songs "Best I Ever Had" and "Every Girl."

The songs, which have overt sexual references, were performed during the Sunday BET Awards '09 show as a bevy of young girls danced on stage. The group of girls consisted of Lil Wayne’s daughters and her friends.

In an exclusive statement, BET has responded to the criticism and the public outcry over the segment.

“BET Networks deeply regrets the performance by Young Money at the BET AWARDS ’09 (featuring Lil Wayne, Drake, Gudda Gudda and Mack Maine),” a BET representative told AllHipHop.com exclusively. “Elements of the performance were unplanned and should not have happened.”

In the aftermath of the show, many have expressed outrage over the outing by Young Money, which was set amid a show dedicated to the late Michael Jackson.

Activist and filmmaker Byron Hurt lambasted the network earlier in the week in an open letter to Debra Lee, the President and Chief Executive Officer of BET Holdings, Inc.

“In a culture where one out of four girls and women are either raped or sexually assaulted - and where manipulative men routinely traffic vulnerable women into the sex industry - it is not okay that BET allowed this to happen,” Hurt said. “BET owes its entire audience - particularly girls and women around the world - an apology for its failure to intervene.”

A representative said generally the company has found such opinions useful.

“We value and appreciate the feedback from our viewers and have edited Young Money’s performance for all BET Awards ’09 encore presentations.”

Drake has apologized and taken responsibility for the performance, admitting it was in poor taste.

"That...was a terrible idea that I'll never do to myself again. But I was being pressed from different areas to perform, and I think what really happened at the BET Awards is with the passing of Mike, the climate really changed, as far as the award show goes,” he told Complex. “I don't think it called for us to perform "Every Girl" and "Always Strapped," and I think it was an award show filled with tributes and music and these genuine heartfelt speeches. And to sort of climax out of a very tongue-n-cheek point, and then people misconstruing Wayne's daughters and her friends coming out on stage -- it was just timed very poorly and it definitely wasn't planned like that, but with that being said, it is what is. I believe in Wayne and myself and it's nothing we can't bounce back from. To anyone who was offended, my personal apologies, it wasn't intended to offend anybody."

An edited version of the show will re-air on Monday July 6. The BET Awards saw a 61-percent increase in viewers this year fueled by the sudden death of Michael Jackson. Ten percent of all turned on television sets watched the show Sunday, a remarkably high number.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 10:42:36 AM »
LMAO

Blood$

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2009, 01:27:32 PM »
I thought it was just me when I saw the video of the performance and thought it wasn't good at all... and now I read this lmao

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2009, 04:32:41 PM »
What's the big deal. It's not like the under age girls dancing were under age boys. There's nothing wrong with being a little light hearted at a funeral, much less an wards ceremony after someone died.

westside159

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2009, 07:57:54 PM »
that drake and lil wayne performance will go down in history as probally the worst ever , real talk .

The Hood Nigga

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2009, 09:23:52 PM »
bad move by both

meecca

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2009, 12:02:35 AM »
WTF was that shit? I just watched the performance and I gotta say.. I never really listened to wayne (he doesnt oversaturate the radio in europe) and I still can't understand how the hell someone can listen to that whiney bitch ass voice singing/rapping. He makes eminems accent sound heavenly lol! The rest of the performers weren't much better.. how can these dudes be the hottest thing out? Damn, something is wrong with this world I swear!
And do a driveby, fuck that, I walk by and I spray shit
then carve my name in your pavement