Poll

yay or nay?

yay
4 (15.4%)
nay
22 (84.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Did you buy a Michael Jackson album this week?  (Read 424 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

kemizt

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Did you buy a Michael Jackson album this week?
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 02:28:23 PM »
Just bought "Essential Michael Jackson" today.  I've always been a fan since I was in pre-school but never actually bought anything of his.  I remember my parents had the old Thriller vinyl but listened to it maybe once when I was around.  It was treated like a collectors item or like an antique or something.

I was looking for compilation albums that would have his greatest songs.  I looked for the History Album but didn't see it. It was probably sold out His Number 1's album didn't have "Leave Me Alone" on it and I had to buy a cd with that song.  I may end up buying a few more of his albums later.  This is really great to see Michael Jackson's career blow up once more, it's like the late 80's/early 90's all over again.  Very nostalgic.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 02:32:21 PM by Exit Infinite.. Enter Grammar »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jimmy H.

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 10:44:39 PM »
I've been meaning to get a remastered version of "Thriller". We've played the shit out of the OG copy for over 20 years. I thought about going to the record store this week to get that and possibly a copy of "Essential" but decided against it. More for lack of time than anything else.

Black Friday

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2009, 07:24:16 AM »
Yesterday I picked up a vinyl copy of his Thriller LP & got a 45 of his singles 'Scream' and the 'Free Willy Theme'

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2009, 12:50:54 PM »
I already had thriller, off the wall & Dangerous

Same. Interestingly enough, "Bad" was always my favorite. As a kid I had it on vinyl (my uncle was old school) and cassette but never on CD. I'd feel weird buying it now though since thats the new cool-thing-to-do for the moment.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"