Author Topic: Dark Lotus - Tales from the Lotus Pod  (Read 2912 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Dark Lotus - Tales from the Lotus Pod
« on: October 23, 2002, 10:46:59 AM »

Dark Lotus – Tales from the Lotus Pod

1. Intro
2. Ali baba…Production is perfect with deep hitting bass.  Twiztid, ICP, Blaze, and Marz put down perfect verses.  Hook is evil sounding.  5/5
3. Cripple & rape me…Smooth production.  All members trade lines about voices in their heads.  Great chorus by Violent J.  4/5
4. I hurt myself…A song about different ways each person tortures himself.  Very entertaining.  The chorus seems to be from God’s point of view.  4.5/5
5. Call upon your God…The track opens up with J talking about how nobody wants to accept God until they are about to die, which is the basis of the song.  Great flow and content.  A+ hook.  5/5
6. And we danced…A strange love song about 5 members of Dark Lotus sneaking into a cemetery at night and dancing with dead women.  Unique production and dope lyrics.  5/5
7. Black magic…Light production, but deep bassline.  The first verse is more like chanting than rapping.  Great change-up of the beat at the chorus.  The backwards messages add a nice effect to the track.  4/5
8. Taste of blood…Strange, unique production.  The title of the track explains it well.  Great verses from everybody especially J’s short verse.  4/5
9. Headache…Great head-noddin’, eeire production.  A song about the struggle with God and Devil.  Nice reflective song.  4.5/5
10.   Nobody loves me…Real laidback beat.  Each member puts down a verse about how much people don’t or shouldn’t like them.  Entertaining lines.  4.5/5
11.   Bitch, I’m sexy…A tight song dissin’ bitches.  Shaggy’s verse is tight when he borrows a rhythm from Rod Stewart and J’s is hilarious where he talks about how poor he is.  4/5
12.    Fire rain…All 6 members appear trading lines back and forth.  Horrorcore oriented content.  Great flow and delivery especially from Marz.  Good hook.  5/5
13.   Mah jeh mah…Amazing production.  Monoxide, Shaggy, Violent J, Madrox, and Blaze put down A+ verses reflecting on death.  Pefect hook.  5/5
14.   The crows…The production is so light, it is almost non-existent.  A track about dying.  Great content.  4/5
15.   Juggalo family…The track starts out with an interview from Violent J about not trading his fans for mainstream fans.  The song pays tribute to all of their fans.  Catchy chorus and dope production.  5/5

OVERALL…5/5

An amazing album.  The group consists of six members: Violent J, Shaggy 2 Dope, Madrox, Monoxide, Blaze, and Marz.  Each member has a different flow and delivery, and each one comes tight as hell on every track.  The overall vibe of the album is reflecting on both eternal life (Shangri-La) and Hell.  Perfect production and well-crafted hooks give this album excellent replay value.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2003, 12:55:41 PM by _That_Cracka_J »

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Dark Lotus - Tales from the Lotus Pod
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 12:20:05 PM »
This album will always be slept on.

GrewSum

• 'G'
  • 70 Mile Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2003, 05:12:50 PM »
i've heard both versions of this album......

i FUCKING LOVE the origional version with Marz on it.....

i FUCKING HATE the newer version with ABK in it.......his lispy ass just cannot make up for taking mars offa the album...his solo album is hott, i'll give him that....but the dark lotus album got ruined by putting him on IMO.....

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2003, 10:16:29 PM »
i've heard both versions of this album......

i FUCKING LOVE the origional version with Marz on it.....

i FUCKING HATE the newer version with ABK in it.......his lispy ass just cannot make up for taking mars offa the album...his solo album is hott, i'll give him that....but the dark lotus album got ruined by putting him on IMO.....

Hell yeah man!  Someone on the board has actually listened to Dark Lotus!   I agree with you man, the first version (with Marz in it) is a lot better than the one with ABK.  Nothing against ABK, his verses don't sound near as good as Marz' verses.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2003, 11:28:33 PM »
Anyone else peep this album?

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2003, 03:41:16 AM »
Have now ;)

true i havent taken this one outta my cd player...since i got it

brilliant is all i can say..not a weak track on there..which is rare !

pE@Ce

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2003, 06:24:19 AM »
alright you convinced me, i'm gonna buy this on the weekend hopefully as long as i make it back to the mall

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2003, 08:24:34 AM »
alright you convinced me, i'm gonna buy this on the weekend hopefully as long as i make it back to the mall

Chances are the only one you'll be able to find is the version with ABK replacing Marz' lyrics.  It's still basically the same CD, but I liked Marz lyrics better than ABK's.  Still worth getting fa sho!

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2003, 11:17:35 AM »

Chances are the only one you'll be able to find is the version with ABK replacing Marz' lyrics.  It's still basically the same CD, but I liked Marz lyrics better than ABK's.  Still worth getting fa sho!

why did they change it? thats ok for me i like ABK just cant find that Hatchet Warrior CD

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2003, 04:47:03 PM »

why did they change it? thats ok for me i like ABK just cant find that Hatchet Warrior CD

Yeah, don't get me wrong ABK's verses are tight on Lotus.....Marz was part of the original group in 2001, then they had differences with him and he went his separate way, so ICP released the same CD a year later, with ABK's vocals replacing the spots where Marz had been.  If Marz had never been a part of the group and the only version was the ABK one, I'd still give it the same ratings.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2003, 08:33:12 PM »

Yeah, don't get me wrong ABK's verses are tight on Lotus.....Marz was part of the original group in 2001, then they had differences with him and he went his separate way, so ICP released the same CD a year later, with ABK's vocals replacing the spots where Marz had been.  If Marz had never been a part of the group and the only version was the ABK one, I'd still give it the same ratings.

thats kinda an odd story... interesting

Paris

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 04:05:24 PM »
This album will always be slept on.

and looking back years later they should have quit Dark Lotus after this first album

Tales is a perfect album minus the juggalo song at the end and the rest of Dark lotus's cds suck monkey balls