Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: "HALLELUJA" - Bishop Lamont feat. Xzibit - Produced by Dr. Dre!!!  (Read 6668 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
God damn, this track is insane! Reformation has to drop, else we gonna miss out on some classic shit! Start of the 3rd verse Bishop reminds me of Proof...

I always noticed that similarity & parallel, but did you know that when proof was still alive him & Bishop were tight to the point where Proof helped pass-out copy's of B.Lamonts then mix-tape 'Who I Gotta Kill To Get A Record Deal' Vol. 1. I'm no too positive on this next part but he may have even been that crucial link that led him to Dre? maybe someone here at the dub could substantiate these claims? I think i remember hearing Bishop himself say that in an interview i saw once.

another thing worth mentioning is they're probably 2 of the most underrated rap-artists of their time, I think.

8)

+1. Im a big fan of both, good to know they wre homies...

A verse by Xzibit would kick this up another level, remix coming soon?? :D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 03:13:43 PM by dubsmith_nz »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
this song is bangin as fuck, but did any of you guys check The Confessional mixtape?

he had songs almost as good as this all over it, beats were bangin' & they weren't even Dre beats.

it's a must hear. ;) 8)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The difference is that his delivery was weak on 3/4 of that mixtape. That's not the case here. And no beat comes even close to this one, that's my opinion.

X killed the hook  8)

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
I dunno, I thought the Confessional was crazy good by mixtape standards. There was some filler but overall dope.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
I dunno, I thought the Confessional was crazy good by mixtape standards. There was some filler but overall dope.

a few fillers, but the best songs on the tape were better than most songs that come out.

I Can't Figure It Out was easily one of the best songs that came out last year. ;D

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG

a few fillers, but the best songs on the tape were better than most songs that come out.

I Can't Figure It Out was easily one of the best songs that came out last year. ;D

Definately, and I still bump Send a Nigga Home and City Lights from time to time, as well as Be Cool too which was crazy even though Bishop wasn't on it.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Word that song was sick, I needa go find my copy of the confessional again

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The difference is that his delivery was weak on 3/4 of that mixtape. That's not the case here.

Exactly, Bishop is 8) but on some tracks, he sounds lazy as fuck, like on 'City Lights'

Matty

good track - bishop is good and xzibit on there for some co-signing works well. the beat is nice - suitable kinda vibe, lots going on and a dope lil' bassline. nothing to get excited about considering its dre though.

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Everything fits together nicely, those drums are fucking crazy. Bishop nailed it.

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
I really like this track, but I can't give a real opinion since I heard it back at the house of blues concert and remember not really bein impressed since it's Dre. But now that I hear the CDQ in it's full, it's a NICE track with a pretty good beat, nothing amazing, but smashes 95 percent of the shit out this year. X shoulda had a verse though, but I can understand why he didn't.

Overall it's a really good track and would make a great spot on The Reformation as one of the non-singles. Along with tracks such as:

-Grow Up & the other crazily rumoured singles, I Dominate, Inspired, Church & Rain (2 of which by Dre & 1 featuring him)
-The also much anticipated Dre/Storch track featuring Dre, and a few other Dre tracks Bish was mentioning.
-The one with Nate Dogg on the hook produced by Warren G & the one with Balance on the hook that we heard a snippet of.
-The one with 50 Cent produced by Khalil as well as possibly an Eminem feature & another track with Crooked/Xzibit...
-The You Aint Fresh track we heard a bit of live were theres shots at The Game, that one was DOPE.
-Dilla, Khalil, Rotem, Just Blaze, Premo, Hi-Tek, Quik....and so many more were supposed to be on it at one point as well. No clue as to who is still on it.

And that is all just info that I picked up in interviews ... most of which where Bishop wasn't giving away any "big surprises". You also gotta consider that a lot of this shit is considered "outdated" by Dre/Bishop now and won't even make the cut. And, the leaked/scrapped tracks that we've all heard like Feel On It, No Stoppin' Carson, It Hurts, Bitches On My Dick, Friends, Down, Too Much & Oh My God all could have made for an amazing album. And don't quote me on this, but I coulda swore I remember hearing someone at Aftermath say in an interview that Dre/Bishop and Hittman were doing some shit together, it might have been King Tee...I just remember hearing something about all them working together in the past couple of years. It may have been Detox though.

So as you can see, The Reformation from what I see so far will DESTROY anything of the past few years IMO if it were to drop. But we all know the tracklist will change a million times and most of these tracks will be leaked/scrapped by the time it is even considered to be put out. And I doubt it will even be considered on Interscope at least.

TepeHouse

i found new INSTRUMENTAL of 320kbps

Here is the LINK

http://sharebee.com/a339f155

LINKS HAS BEEN UPDATED ;

http://www.zshare.net/audio/624302130b7a07a9/

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 04:06:23 AM by TepeHouse »

The Predator

The production is crisp and clean, the 'Opera' vibes highlight the track.

Okka

-Grow Up & the other crazily rumoured singles, I Dominate, Inspired, Church & Rain (2 of which by Dre & 1 featuring him)
-The also much anticipated Dre/Storch track featuring Dre, and a few other Dre tracks Bish was mentioning.
-The one with Nate Dogg on the hook produced by Warren G & the one with Balance on the hook that we heard a snippet of.
-The one with 50 Cent produced by Khalil as well as possibly an Eminem feature & another track with Crooked/Xzibit...
-The You Aint Fresh track we heard a bit of live were theres shots at The Game, that one was DOPE.
-Dilla, Khalil, Rotem, Just Blaze, Premo, Hi-Tek, Quik....and so many more were supposed to be on it at one point as well. No clue as to who is still on it.

Damn, i wanna hear these songs.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Sounds dope to me. Could there be more Bishop coming over the horizon? I hope so.