Author Topic: Naughty By Nature Talks new album  (Read 193 times)

Elano

Naughty By Nature Talks new album
« on: July 07, 2009, 07:51:13 AM »
"We have a single called 'Get To Know Me Better,' and this song will definitely catch everybody off-guard. I'm on there and I'm doing something different with my voice. People don't really know that it's me. It's a club-banger," said Vin, who wished not to say if he was implying the use of Auto-Tune.

"The B-side is a joint called 'I Got A Lotta,' which Treach, he's on there by himself. It's definitely a street track. Funkmaster Flex, it's one of his favorite records. We just did a clean vocal edit on it, 'cause the original version just had too many mutes in it."

The new album is said to also feature Akon, Jamie Foxx and Flavor Unit family Queen Latifah, as well as a cover of The White Stripes' "Seven Nation Army."

As Vin tells it, "The basics are there as a hot, dope album...We have a complete album again." Emphasizing a 30-and-older appeal, he added, "The sound isn't a throwback to the '90s, but the formula is."

Jaydc555

Re: Naughty By Nature Talks new album
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 09:29:20 AM »
A cover of seven nation army?That I have to hear

kuruptDPG

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 11:19:33 AM »
omg this is gonna be dope, i need to hear sum new treach shit, hes 1 of my faves of all time

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 07:45:40 PM »
I'm a huge Naughty fan.  Treach and KayGee are maybe the most underrated MC/DJ combo ever no lie.  I see this album being inconsistent - there will be some serious dope tracks for their core audience, but the album will be a bit watered down by them trying to keep up with the Joneses.  I really hope I'm wrong and the album is tight top to bottom.  I believe when they were on Hip Hop Honors that Vinnie was quoted as saying that they will likely reach out to multiple producers.  No hate, but I don't like the sound of that.

I will def say that I am anticipating this, as I'm glad to hear that KayGee is back on the production side.

Naughty needs to do themselves a favor and make an album that they like, not what they think MTV will like.