Author Topic: [Trailer] Slaughter House video premiering this Sunday (7/12) on MTV & MTV2  (Read 1186 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

Don't mind him, he's one of those "Fairweather Fans". He was sporting a Slaughter House picture in his signature a couple months ago.  ;)

Your right, and so far they have disappointed me.  I thought they represented some hope for hip-hop.  The idea sounded good, Khalil producin beats, and 4 supposedly "under-rated" emcee's hookin up.  Then because I'm an old school West Coast fan I give some respect to Crooked, and Joel Ortiz was once wit Dre, so I was given him a chance to.

I guess now I understand why Death Row never released a Crooked I album and why Dre dropped Joel Ortiz.  As for Royce, he's one of my all time favorite rappers, but from 99-2001 every song he put out was fire... and now maybe 1 out of 20 songs he releases is dope.

I'm just really turned off by the direction they are going in with the first single.  It's like some Smut Peddlars type shit is what it reminds me of.  I wish they would of came more like Wu-Tang but instead they are beefin wit them.

...and btw, I forgot to mention Joe Budden, I've still yet to hear anything from him I felt was worth more than one listen.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
he shouldnt have saved nuthin for this song
its their worst song overall lol

I'm feeling the beat...but damn Crooked I's verse sounds like a generic Em verse from Relapse. I guess even Slaughterhouse needs a song where they rap about bitches. Hope this is the only song like this on the album.

lol  Crook certainly did not save his best lines for this song... haha but i like his last line

^^Looks like I'm not the only one that thinks this first single is a bad sign.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before

It's certainly not this great posse cut

Word!  That's some real shit right there.  I wish Slaughterhouse could come like that, but this is 2009

I find myself getting into a lot of early 90s alternative rap lately. Specfically the harder stuff like EPMD, Onyx, Pharcyde, but even the softer stuff like Brand Nubian.

Getting into rap as a west coast fan I ignored most that other stuff for years.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
NAH STR8 UP, THIS SINGLE IS HORRIBLE
and them ryhmin over it, doesnt make it any better (even if we were to call them the best rappers alive, thats how bad the beat is and the combination of how they created it)
theyre all dope rappers but damn makin this and goin wit this, makes it seem like they are sellin out
fuck a single on mtv, etc....come up wit a better single or dont come up wit 1 at all especially when so many people arent feelin it
and wasnt this the same group-of rappers that said they are doin this for the fans of hip-hop?
the fans of hip-hop arent feelin this wack shit lol

he shouldnt have saved nuthin for this song
its their worst song overall lol

I'm feeling the beat...but damn Crooked I's verse sounds like a generic Em verse from Relapse. I guess even Slaughterhouse needs a song where they rap about bitches. Hope this is the only song like this on the album.

lol  Crook certainly did not save his best lines for this song... haha but i like his last line

^^Looks like I'm not the only one that thinks this first single is a bad sign.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:28:39 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
At first I was happy to see this was going to get on MTV and MTV2, but I just previewed the song, and the song is cliche' and it's trash.  You know I'm tired of hearing about how these dudes were supposed to blow up, and that the record labels have failed them.  Maybe they've failed themselves, because Royce hasn't been tight since 2001, Budden and Crooked were never tight, and Dre dropped Joel Ortiz for a reason.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
and them ryhmin over it, doesnt make it any better (even if we were to call them the best rappers alive, thats how bad the beat is and the combination of how they created it)
theyre all dope rappers but damn makin this and goin wit this, makes it seem like they are sellin out
fuck a single on mtv, etc....come up wit a better single or dont come up wit 1 at all especially when so many people arent feelin it
and wasnt this the same group-of rappers that said they are doin this for the fans of hip-hop?

Word.  Maybe the label liked the song, and when they recorded it they all told each other "yeah it's dope" just because they didn't want to bruise anybody's fragile ego, and have him start crying like that do on all their records ("ohh my shit is so dope, I'm so under-rated, blah blah blah).  But after this I'm startin to think these guys aren't under-rated and getting what they deserve.  This was their big chance, and they are finally getting the promotion they "deserve" and now they are showing they were un-deserving all along.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeah i feel what you sayin, theyre startin to get overhyped, especially wit droppin "singles" like this
what happened to the rules of the slaughterhouse lol
this makes worst rappers look "a lil better" and they are garbage

Word.  Maybe the label liked the song, and when they recorded it they all told each other "yeah it's dope" just because they didn't want to bruise anybody's fragile ego, and have him start crying like that do on all their records ("ohh my shit is so dope, I'm so under-rated, blah blah blah).  But after this I'm startin to think these guys aren't under-rated and getting what they deserve.  This was their big chance, and they are finally getting the promotion they "deserve" and now they are showing they were un-deserving all along.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jaydc555

How did the haters take over this thread?Go back to listening to music in the 90s because your obviously stuck in it.If you feel slaughterhouse is disappointing you obviously just don't like good hip hop.Your stuck in the past.If you don't even like any of the members why the fuck would you even listen to the music?

OG Hack Wilson

Don't mind him, he's one of those "Fairweather Fans". He was sporting a Slaughter House picture in his signature a couple months ago.  ;)

Your right, and so far they have disappointed me.  I thought they represented some hope for hip-hop.  The idea sounded good, Khalil producin beats, and 4 supposedly "under-rated" emcee's hookin up.  Then because I'm an old school West Coast fan I give some respect to Crooked, and Joel Ortiz was once wit Dre, so I was given him a chance to.

I guess now I understand why Death Row never released a Crooked I album and why Dre dropped Joel Ortiz.  As for Royce, he's one of my all time favorite rappers, but from 99-2001 every song he put out was fire... and now maybe 1 out of 20 songs he releases is dope.

I'm just really turned off by the direction they are going in with the first single.  It's like some Smut Peddlars type shit is what it reminds me of.  I wish they would of came more like Wu-Tang but instead they are beefin wit them.

...and btw, I forgot to mention Joe Budden, I've still yet to hear anything from him I felt was worth more than one listen.

i'm not big fan of Joey...just never really followed him....but from the solo shit of his i've heard "dumb out" and "game over" are great songs

but pump it up was horrible LOL
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

TheWestCoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Need that Million Dollar Story!!
single is fukn nuts
i think its gona get solid rotation
slaughterhousee
fuk u haters slaughterhouse is so fukn awesome i cant even describe it it makes me feel all wierd lol
 8)

Jaydc555

Its like comparing tis album solely based on whatever you like.Its a fucking single get over it you nit pickers.What did you expect some hardcore song that would stand no chance what so ever of getting a single spin?This song actually has a chance of getting some play.

Lunatic

^exactly. Many great albums would go unnoticed if we solely judged off the mainstream singles
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

• Muthafuckin' Don!
How did the haters take over this thread?Go back to listening to music in the 90s because your obviously stuck in it.If you feel slaughterhouse is disappointing you obviously just don't like good hip hop.Your stuck in the past.If you don't even like any of the members why the fuck would you even listen to the music?

I'm not one of those people that complains about mainstream singles.  I like a lot of mainstream rap singles that got hated on over the years.  Examples are tracks like "My Name Is" or "Real Slim Shady".   Maybe I am too nostalgic and can't help but compare this music to what was done in the 90's; but it's not because I expected them to come hardcore with the first single.  In fact, I thought "Rock City" was a great single back in the day and my favorite song on Royce's first album.  I would put that song up there with his hard core joints from bootlegs that came out around 2000/2001.

I really think these guys have an ego problem, and the four of them get in a room and anything that comes out they tell each other that it is hott.. and then they blame the record labels or pop fans when other people don't like it.  Maybe Royce was better in his earlier days cause he didn't have that ego.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 10:50:21 PM by Exit Infinite.. Enter Grammar »

Lunatic

^But I think your taking it a bit far and it comes off as hating. Especially when you said "no wonder Dre dropped Joell" like Dre ain't dropped people like Raekwon, King Tee & Rakim in the past.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^But I think your taking it a bit far and it comes off as hating. Especially when you said "no wonder Dre dropped Joell" like Dre ain't dropped people like Raekwon, King Tee & Rakim in the past.

how do we know what those cats were coming up with in the studio?  I mean, look what they've done since Dre dropped them?  Have Rakim, Raekwon, or King Tee done anything groundbreaking since Dre dropped them?  Hell no.