Author Topic: [Trailer] Slaughter House video premiering this Sunday (7/12) on MTV & MTV2  (Read 1185 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

I think "Thy Kingdom Come" was a very solid album.  And while it may not have been as innovative as "The Slim Shady LP" was at the time, I don't think it's reasonable to say that it was dropped from being released because it was a lackluster album.  I'm a huge Dr. Dre fan, but I'm not willing to defend him to the point of saying that everyone who was dropped from Aftermath Records, was dropped because they couldn't turn out good material.  I don't think Dre would have even wasted his time producing for those artists, if he thought the material they recorded was going to be sub-par.

"Thy Kingdom Come" was actually pretty dope.  I don't think Dre could have hoped for much more than that when he signed King Tee.  So I'd have to agree with you that I don't think it would of tarnished Dre's standards to go ahead and release that album back in Summer of 98' when it was supposed to drop.

I was just trying to make a point that I was tired of hearing Slaughterhouse complain about how labels had fucked them because they didn't understand "real hip-hop" and then they put out some trash like "The One" that basically justifies the underachievement they've experienced throughout their careers.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

JohnnyL

I think "Thy Kingdom Come" was a very solid album.  And while it may not have been as innovative as "The Slim Shady LP" was at the time, I don't think it's reasonable to say that it was dropped from being released because it was a lackluster album.  I'm a huge Dr. Dre fan, but I'm not willing to defend him to the point of saying that everyone who was dropped from Aftermath Records, was dropped because they couldn't turn out good material.  I don't think Dre would have even wasted his time producing for those artists, if he thought the material they recorded was going to be sub-par.

"Thy Kingdom Come" was actually pretty dope.  I don't think Dre could have hoped for much more than that when he signed King Tee.  So I'd have to agree with you that I don't think it would of tarnished Dre's standards to go ahead and release that album back in Summer of 98' when it was supposed to drop.

I was just trying to make a point that I was tired of hearing Slaughterhouse complain about how labels had fucked them because they didn't understand "real hip-hop" and then they put out some trash like "The One" that basically justifies the underachievement they've experienced throughout their careers.

Well, I'll agree that "The One" isn't that great of a track.  At least not by the standards of what I expect from Slaughterhouse.  But like it or not, it does have that pop song kind of feel like a lot of songs that end up being hits on the radio.
  You made the argument that the standards of what merits a good single seem to have dropped, over the years.  You may have a point.  It seems like rap music in general has embraced a mentality where they have to release at least one semi-inoffensive track that can be cleaned up for radio and "make the girls wanna dance."  But this mentality hasn't at all, seemed to yield better music.  This is why I gave up on the radio a long time ago (And MTV, for that matter).
  The main point I was trying to make though, with regards to Slaughterhouse, is that I don't believe the track "The One" will be typical of what's on the rest of the album.  Of course, no one knows for sure, since that's the only confirmed album cut that's been released.  But if you look at the tracks they released early on (Onslaught, Move On Remix, Slaughterhouse Remix) and the track they just released on Royce's e.p. (Warriors), I think this is more like what will be on the album.
  As far as the whining, I can see how that could get tired.  But I haven't really noticed Slaughterhouse whining any more than what I hear most other rappers doing.  If there's anything that's wearing thin with me and this group, it's the wait to hear the material.  I'm still holding out hope that the August release date will stick.  But being that things have already shifted with the release dates of the other solo projects (which were originally all supposed to drop prior to the Slaughterhouse album) I'm a little worried the group album will follow suit.
  I guess the best attitude to take with all of this is "wait-and-see."  If the album drops, and then you still think it's sub-par, I guess we can debate it more then.

Lunatic

Royce Da 5'9 Twitter:

slaughterhouse album Aug. 11th Its turned in...its official
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

I'm def copping this album. We NEED this to sell WELL just as u said. Labels WILL hop the lyrical dick if this album moves units.

And btw, has Slaughterhouse even done an internet interview yet? Or is mine the first?

Jaydc555

I believe your the first Justin!Can't wait to see the video today!

Lunatic

DAMN it's an honor to get that FIRST internet interview then :o  When the tracklisting leaks, I'm gonna hit them up and see if we can do a "inside the studio" feature as well.

Can't wait to see the video myself!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
the video better blow up, along with the song. :baseballbat:

do you watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force? 8)

Lunatic

^lol huh?

does anyone know what time the video is supposed to debut?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^lol huh?

does anyone know what time the video is supposed to debut?

lol, na i was asking Jay a question. :P

but i think 9. ;)

Lunatic

^oh that's too late! lol

Jaydc555

Yes I do.I own all the seasons on DVD as a matter of fact.And the movie.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yes I do.I own all the seasons on DVD as a matter of fact.And the movie.

i love that fuckin' show, but i only see time & time again.

Triple OG Rapsodie

lol if this doesn't blow up then it will be sad. they made a commercial track for nothing.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
I'm def copping this album. We NEED this to sell WELL just as u said. Labels WILL hop the lyrical dick if this album moves units.

And btw, has Slaughterhouse even done an internet interview yet? Or is mine the first?
http://www.urb.com/features/1491/INTERVIEWSlaughterhouse.php?PageId=1

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
Is it gonna be just MTVJams and MTV2 or regular MTV too? I barely heard the song yesterday, it ain't that bad, but they coulda did better.