Author Topic: What might a country look like with a "Sunnah" economy  (Read 447 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
What might a country look like with a "Sunnah" economy
« on: July 10, 2009, 12:41:18 PM »
Okay, let's imagine those Wahhabi's had their way, and Barack Obama declared that he was a "Sunni" and that all aspects of the American economy would now reflect the "Sunnah" of the 7th century Sahaba's and Taba Tabi'een....

1.  The Entertainment industry would crumble in one day.  Because of the Hadith that people "shouldn't make images of themselves". Where it is said in Hadith "Did you draw that picture of a person, then bring it to life"  (or otherwise get rid of it).  The only thing on television would be Arabic Hadith in written letter form.  No pictures of people, just calligraphy and maybe roses or something to make the border of the televised image.

2.   The banking industry would shut down.  People would demand no-interest loans.  Therefore banks would have very little to gain in holding people's money and distributing it.

3.   The housing market would crumble.  With no loans people would not be able to afford expensive homes.  On the bright side home prices would tumble and after a few years you may be able to get an 100,000 dollar home for just 20,000 dollars.

4.  Malls would close.  The only thing that would be left is a few shops selling plain white kamisses, black gilbabs, and an assortment of oils being sold by bearded men in high-watered pants.

5. Businesses would fail because people would expect them to give out products on credit or for free.  They would say it was the Sunnah to loan money to an indigent, and that there were blessings if that person didn't pay back then it becomes a sadaqat.  If the business became to successful they would expect the owner to give the money away to the poor rather then invest his capital towards other business.

6.  Only restaurants left would be the "Halal Mart".  And even it would constantly be threatened to be shut down, over suspicion on whether or not the meat was "really Halal".

7.  The record industry would collapse and all that would be left is "Nasheeds" (which is basically just drums and childrens voices or a man's voice).  Because the Hadith books state that certain instruments such as string (so no more keyboards or guitars) and wood (no more flutes and whistles) are forbidden.

...more later....
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 06:03:15 PM by Exit Infinite.. Enter Grammar »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

J Bananas

Re: What might a country look like with a "Sunnah" economy
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 12:43:38 PM »
So it would devolve in to a third world shit hole. Yeah, really sounds like a peach of a time.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 12:46:13 PM »
So it would devolve in to a third world shit hole. Yeah, really sounds like a peach of a time.

I'm just getting started.  I'm kind of brainstorming with this thread.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 01:09:03 PM by Exit Infinite.. Enter Grammar »

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 12:48:47 PM »
INFINITE COME ON DAWG... THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN...
RACIST POLITICIANS... EVERY TIME ISLAM IS MENTIONED BY OBAMA... AMERICA IS ON ITS FEET AND ANGRY...

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 12:51:03 PM »
EVEN IF IT DID.... it wouldn't work out in AMERICA...
ISLAM WORKS BEST IN COUNTRIES WITH A LOTTA NATURAL RESOURCES... OIL GOLD OTHER MATERIALS...
ISLAM WORKS IN IRAN... IT WORKS IN SAUDI ARABIA, KUWAIT...
ISLAM IS HAVING WORST LUCK IN BANGLADESH OR OTHER POOR COUNTRIES...

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 01:08:24 PM »
INFINITE COME ON DAWG... THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN...
RACIST POLITICIANS... EVERY TIME ISLAM IS MENTIONED BY OBAMA... AMERICA IS ON ITS FEET AND ANGRY...

I'm just brainstorming from an economic perspective what would happen.  I'm imagining a country that follows an economic philosophy that was legally worked out in the 9th century.  So I'm not really interested in whether it "could" happen, but I'm trying to imagine what it would be like.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 01:10:56 PM »
EVEN IF IT DID.... it wouldn't work out in AMERICA...
ISLAM WORKS BEST IN COUNTRIES WITH A LOTTA NATURAL RESOURCES... OIL GOLD OTHER MATERIALS...
ISLAM WORKS IN IRAN... IT WORKS IN SAUDI ARABIA, KUWAIT...
ISLAM IS HAVING WORST LUCK IN BANGLADESH OR OTHER POOR COUNTRIES...

I don't think it would work well either.  It restricts and confines the economy so much that business has no way to flourish.  However, I still want to imagine it playing itself out in my head to see what would happen.

And I'm not talking so much about "Islam" but I am speaking directly of "Sunnah".  The "Sunnah" is something that was worked out legally by 9th century scholars such as Hanafi, Malaki, Shafi, and Hambali.  So Saudi, is a possible example, but not completely, and Iran can't be an example because they are Shia' not Sunni, and Kuwait is more ran by Western foriegn companies, and Bangledesh I don't know enough about their economy.

You do make a good point though, that "Sunnah" would work better in more traditional, farming economies.  Because farming was common back in the 9th century, so it makes sense that a more primitive way of life would succeed rather than a tech-based society.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 01:15:04 PM by Exit Infinite.. Enter Grammar »

Blasphemy

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 03:38:27 PM »
lol If I wanted to go into a third-world shit hole I'd go down the street..If I wanted to go to hell I'll go up the block. You get the idea? Shits already fucked up, Sunnah Economy would make everyone be the same fucking shit.

ikke

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 05:05:34 PM »
Wouldn't hold, the sunnah economy is muslim I assume, so the koran is the law.
But that couldn't hold nowadays, people are too smart to blindly follow

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 06:00:33 PM »
Wouldn't hold, the sunnah economy is muslim I assume, so the koran is the law.
But that couldn't hold nowadays, people are too smart to blindly follow

No that's wrong.  Yes, many Muslims are for the "Sunnah" but you can't say "sunnah is Muslim".  You could say the reverse that "that Muslim is Sunnah, that Muslim is not Sunnah".

And no, it's not Qu'ranic law, because 95% of Shariah is not actually in the Qu'ran.  It comes from the "Sunnah".  So we are not talking about Qu'ran here, and we are not talking about Islam, and we are not talking about all Muslims, what we are talking about is "Sunnah".

Which leads to my other thread, of what exactly is "Sunnah"?  Other thread link:  http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=223661.0

As for this thread, if you notice above I have stated that a "Sunnah" economy would involve no entertainment industry nor any music industry.  Music is not mentioned as being forbidden in the Qu'ran.  Making images of people (like in television) is not mentioned in the Qu'ran as being forbidden.  Niether is really mentioned in the Qu'ran.  However, it is mentioned in the "Sunnah" (the Sunnah being mostly contained in Hadith books compiled in the 9th century).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 06:06:19 PM by Exit Infinite.. Enter Grammar »

ikke

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 06:19:56 PM »
I'll do some reasearch into the Sunnah sometime.

got a good article?

Roccy

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 06:58:54 PM »
LMAO@ all the responses..

just too funny how many times infinite has to explain to ya'll ^^.

next time do a search on the sunnah before you post in a topic like this.
how it really goes down..

Jared Taylor

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 09:12:40 PM »
Islam is a foul plague, I recommend this site:

http://thereligionofpeace.com/

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2009, 06:35:31 AM »
I'll do some reasearch into the Sunnah sometime.

got a good article?

I kind of was using this thread for my own purposes, to brainstorm on what a "Sunnah" economy would look like a present my own thoughts.  I was going to explain more in this thread and the other threads I'm making, but first I wanted to see some responses to my threads.  So I would rather explain it to you myself, but if your really interested in external articles on the subject I will surely give you some.  I'm getting at you through PM.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 06:37:30 AM by Exit Infinite.. Enter Grammar »

J Bananas

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 10:59:12 AM »
Islam is a foul plague, I recommend this site:

http://thereligionofpeace.com/

Nice, what say the muslims of this gem of truth?