Author Topic: Infinite's "How Much Do You Know About Muslims" Test Question Number 1:  (Read 456 times)

ikke

Muslim or Not Jew or not Christian or not?
does it really matter people are really people...
tell that to all the extremist muslims still fighting a war that has been fought over 1500 years ago

LAXCENTRAL

Muslim or Not Jew or not Christian or not?
does it really matter people are really people...
tell that to all the extremist muslims still fighting a war that has been fought over 1500 years ago
yeah but see if i meet a muslim in middle east it might be different... but i meet muslims in los angeles they are a different people...
You cannot say fuck Muslims or Fuck Jews...
because lets say you're Christian and you fuck someone over that person stereotypes you and because you are Christian thus ends up saying he/she hates Christians...

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Quote from: Job starring as The Most Interesting Man In The World link=topic=223661.msg2261998#msg2261998

peace eye like what you are doing. you trying to spark the circuits in the mind. eye dig. so eye will participate eye know its definitely not a.) eye believe that the definition of a muslim . eye am going with b.) because of that other topic you got about a country living by sunnah

Props homie!  

I think the question has been up long enough so now that somebody answered it right I will go ahead and explain.

The answer is:  B

Islam in the Qu'ran mainly focuses again and again on only a few core values of Islam...

-Belief in One God
-Following the Guidance of the past Prophets who called people to Worship God alone
-God's attributes such as, Eternal, Absolute, Unseen, Most High, Infinite, etc.
-Importance of prayer, importance of fasting
-Speaking against sin, emphasizing need for God's forgiveness

So this is what the majority of Muslims followed for the early centuries of Islam from 7th through 9th century, and arguably up to the last century, because keep in mind their was no printing press in the early centuries, and even though there is a printing press now, many people in Muslim countries don't even have access to religious texts that have been translated into their own language, so many are still simply practicing those core principles mentioned above.

So then what is this Sunnah, and how does it relate to Muslims?

200 years after the Qu'ran was revealed, and 200 years after the Prophet Muhammad died, (raa).  In the 9th Century Baghdad, three sources were completed that would come to be part of the religion for many Muslims.  These three sources are:

Hadith-  records of everything that the Prophet Muhammad did or said during his life
Sunnah-  Record of everything that the Prophet Muhammad did or said during his life
Shariah-  Law book for governments

Now, does anyone not see an obvious problem with this?  By the 9th Century Islam had spread to many people and cultures, and even amongst the closest family members and followers of Muhammad's time, there was great disagreement, dispute, fighting, and sectarianism.   Muhammad was no longer around to settle such disputes.  

So you would have one group of people saying the Prophet Muhammad said this, and you would have another group saying the Prophet Muhammad said that, and you would have another group saying the Prophet Muhammad would have wanted this, and you would have another group saying the Prophet Muhammad wanted that.

So what is the solution.  Well, you could just say, "let's follow the core principles laid out in the Qu'ran".  There were 2 problems with that,

1.  People would argue over what the Qu'ran meant
2.  Leaders of Nations were not satisfied with following Just Qu'ran, and naturally out of their own selfish interest preferred to have additional books added to Islam that could be used to legitimize their law and rule.

So thus, there was a great effort amongst scholars and the Ruling Elite to come together and create a more encompassing legal code, and to back up their work with statements and actions from the Prophet Muhammad.

Let me finish with an example...  In the Qu'ran, it does not say anywhere to kill a person who converts from Islam to Christianity.  Actually Qu'ran says the opposite, it says that God will deal with these people, and that if a person is not free to choose his religion than religion is meaningless.  Yet, it was in the interest of Muslim rulers to more easily govern their people, and to spread their rule, to keep everybody following Islam and to convert nearby territories to Islam so that they could more easily be governed.  So they got with the scholars, and they took a little bit of imaginative approach with the Qu'ran and tried to see how they could interpret this into the religion.  They didn't see anywhere in the Qu'ran where they were allowed to kill a person for converting to Christianity.  So they put it in a Hadith.  They would make a claim that Muhammad had said that such and such thing needed to be done.  And they would say, "Qu'ran says to follow the Prophets, Qu'ran says Muhammad is a great example" so if Muhammad said this in HADITH or if it is in his SUNNAH, then even if it is not in the Qu'ran, it must be followed!  Or they would say, "Qu'ran says the followers of Muhammad were righteous, so and so was a follower of Muhammad, so and so said we should do this or that, so therefore it must be done!"

« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 09:29:37 PM by Exit Infinite.. Enter Grammar »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Fathom

• 'G'
Hello everybody, and Assalamualaikum.  Today I am opening up a test for the forum, and I will award prizes of "props" upon completion of the test to those who score the highest.  This test will consist of 20 questions, distributed throughout the months of July and August.  Good luck to everyone, and feel free to discuss the questions if you like.

How Much Do You Know About Muslims-   By Exit Infinite

Question #1.  Which of the following best describes Sunnah?

a.  It is a way of life in which one totally submits themselves to Allah.  Believing in the Creator and that he has a devine plan, and submitting oneself to the Infinite Creator, while ascribing no partners to him, human or otherwise.

b.  It is a code of conduct legislated by the 4 Islamic Imams who were said to have derived it from the Prophet Muhammad and his companions

c.  It is the anti-thesis to Shia' Islam

d.  It is the mystical practices of the Sufi's who developed and legislated it in the middle ages according to the teachings of Prophet Muhammad

LOL! dude, this is asinine, Theirs a thing called GOOGLE. Everyone can guess correctly.lol
The whole point is to try to guess without google.  What fun is it to cheat and look up the answers like an asshole.  Believe it or not a good number people on this forum will know the answers... well maybe.

LAXCENTRAL

i didnt know the answer... 8)

2euce 7even

i dont gon´say shit about the whole thread and questions, comments,etc.

all i ask is: ARE YOU A MUSLIM AGAIN INFINITE?

c´mon...yall know what the deal is, muslims= ..... aaah...you already know.

LAXCENTRAL

SO WHAT DOES ISLAM EQUAL TO  I WANNA NO  8)

Roccy

SO WHAT DOES ISLAM EQUAL TO  I WANNA NO  8)

LOL, you're asking a bunch of atheist and islamiphobes to tell you what islam equals too.
how it really goes down..

LAXCENTRAL

MAN THEY NEED TO SMOKE SOME DANK AND KICK BACK AND NOT FIGHT...  8)