Author Topic: Nas new albun Pushed Back!  (Read 605 times)

Myrealname

Nas new albun Pushed Back!
« on: October 24, 2002, 03:54:39 AM »
Nas' next dose of reality, God's Son, has been pushed back to December 17. Many of the tracks were recorded from late September to mid-October in Miami while Ja Rule was also down at the studio working on The Last Temptation.

According to Nas' spokesperson, God's Son is still being recorded with "Made You Look" soundscape provider Salaam Remi, Large Professor and the Alchemist contributing most of the beats. No lyrical guests have made it on the LP as of yet.

Murrow

Re:Nas new albun Pushed Back!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2002, 01:42:22 PM »
What's your source?

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2002, 02:06:03 PM »
What's your source?

I read that too somewhere.  

MTV.com I think.  :-\

tracc

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2002, 02:08:23 PM »
Why the fuck must nas hang around wit murder inc thats his demise
To all you bitch made niggas, I'm comin for you
Against all odds, I don't care who the fuck you is, nigga
You touch me I'm at you
I know you motherfuckers think that I forgot
Hell no I ain't forgot nigga
I just remember what you told me
You said don't go to war unless I got my money behind me
Aight, I got my money right here, now I want war

Jome

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2002, 08:24:30 PM »
So Nas chicked out?
I thought Nas & Jigga had a agreement that they would release their shit simultanously to judge who's the biggest artist..
I guess Nas knew that he would lose sales-wise..
Or maybe Jigga's work-rate is too much for him..

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2002, 10:02:56 PM »
So Nas chicked out?
I thought Nas & Jigga had a agreement that they would release their shit simultanously to judge who's the biggest artist..
I guess Nas knew that he would lose sales-wise..
Or maybe Jigga's work-rate is too much for him..

man nas has really fallin off, he is just using murder inc, he is like ashanti now 2 me

teecee

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2002, 10:17:17 PM »
Ya, Nas is EXACTLY like AShanti, as all his hits have been remakes or jacks...

But ya Jome, i don't think Nas can compete with Jigga sales wise, Jay Z makes way better commercial songs while NAs makes better hiphop songs.  Seriously, NAs' commercial songs suck, and this is coming from a big Nas fan.  I could care less if Nas sells, i mean hell, Illmatic was only certified platinum last year and that doesn't mean it isn't his best album.

I still have no idea how Stillmatic competed with Blueprint in the first place....i can't believe IZZO didn't make Blueprint push more sales, that shit was catchy like CRAZY......plus JAy had three single to Nas two, and NAs singles were hardly even commercial.  I am pretty sure unless Nas has AShanti and fucking Ja RUle on his single, he won't even sell close to Jay Z. as he won't be able to compete with Jay Z's jacking of Pac (that Bonnie and CLyde song is gonna be huge :-\)

Jome

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2002, 10:36:09 PM »
Ya, Nas is EXACTLY like AShanti, as all his hits have been remakes or jacks...

But ya Jome, i don't think Nas can compete with Jigga sales wise, Jay Z makes way better commercial songs while NAs makes better hiphop songs.  Seriously, NAs' commercial songs suck, and this is coming from a big Nas fan.  I could care less if Nas sells, i mean hell, Illmatic was only certified platinum last year and that doesn't mean it isn't his best album.

I still have no idea how Stillmatic competed with Blueprint in the first place....i can't believe IZZO didn't make Blueprint push more sales, that shit was catchy like CRAZY......plus JAy had three single to Nas two, and NAs singles were hardly even commercial.  I am pretty sure unless Nas has AShanti and fucking Ja RUle on his single, he won't even sell close to Jay Z. as he won't be able to compete with Jay Z's jacking of Pac (that Bonnie and CLyde song is gonna be huge :-\)

True dat..
But Jigga is a much smarter business-man than Nas.
And he damn sure got better work-etics.
Jigga built a whole empire, and it's steady growin, I can't see anything stopping him..
He got a pretty good roster going, and if he succeeds in signing Twista, it will be even better.

But what does Nas have going on at Ill Will? Bravehearts is goin nowhere, and it seems that Nas is the only headliner they have, and will get..

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2002, 10:22:06 AM »
man nas has really fallin off, he is just using murder inc, he is like ashanti now 2 me

How the hell has he fallen off?  Two great album within the last year and he beat the self-proclaimed king of new york in thier beef.

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2002, 12:36:54 PM »

How the hell has he fallen off?  Two great album within the last year and he beat the self-proclaimed king of new york in thier beef.

i agree the lost tapes is classic shit, but with stillmatic that shit was really bad, i dont know how peeps can say it is classic, just unoriginal shit

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2002, 12:51:23 PM »
i agree the lost tapes is classic shit, but with stillmatic that shit was really bad, i dont know how peeps can say it is classic, just unoriginal shit

Everyone's got their opinion I guess.  :D

I love Stillmatic, it's got everything.  Battle rhymes, storytelling, concept records, he drops knowledge and political raps.  Anyways...it's about God's Son now.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2002, 12:53:18 PM by C2Knuckles »

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2002, 02:43:57 PM »
First Nas turns down Jay Z's battle.  Then Nas says for a real battle , they should compare record sales since there albums are due at the same time.  Then Nas delays his album.

PLUS-Bonnie and Clyde 03 is burning up the billboard charts while Made You Look is collecting dust at radio stations.

Jigga officially won--fact face yall
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2002, 03:06:36 PM »
First Nas turns down Jay Z's battle.  Then Nas says for a real battle , they should compare record sales since there albums are due at the same time.  Then Nas delays his album.

PLUS-Bonnie and Clyde 03 is burning up the billboard charts while Made You Look is collecting dust at radio stations.

Jigga officially won--fact face yall

Believe it or not, some people judge the battle based on the tracks, ("Stillmaitc", "Takeover", "Ether" & "Superugly") not that nonsense.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2002, 03:07:30 PM by C2Knuckles »

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2002, 04:02:39 PM »
Damn!...dat sucks...and imo NaS has NOT fallen off....peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2002, 05:31:52 PM »
damn this is bullshit. I think Nas has FALLEN OFF LOTS and i agree jigga would destroy nas in sales and nas knows it. I used to like nas better then jigga but lately i'm startin to feel jigga alot more than nas.