Author Topic: "Funkdafied" Vs. "Young Rich & Dangerous" (Da Brat/Kris Kross)  (Read 342 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Say what ya will, But Dupri & his peep's produced the fuck out of these albums..  8)
Yes KK did "Jump", "I missed the bus "ect.... get over it.
Yes Da Brat was jacking Snoop's/DPG's swag ect... get over it.

On pure funk & bump tho, Those albums are underrated & IMO over time have hit classic status.
anyway, What y'all think about these 2 albums?

Which one do you like better?

I have to go w/"Young Rich & Dangerous"
This is laid back & funky as anything produced in that era.

*Recommended, Dust off these albums & give them a spin again.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: "Funkdafied" Vs. "Young Rich & Dangerous" (Da Brat/Kris Kross)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 10:02:07 AM »
Man that is a tough one. I would probably say Brat's Funkdafied, but KK YRD was and still is the shit.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 10:08:09 AM »
Man that is a tough one. I would probably say Brat's Funkdafied, but KK YRD was and still is the shit.
8) +1

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 10:37:35 AM »
8) +1

+1. It's funny because really almost everything after that beats wise from JD except a few bangers on Life In 1472 has been lackluster. Almost does not sound like the same producer now. Well now that I think about it his beats on Daz's So So Gangsta was dope.

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 07:31:33 PM »
da bratat tat tat on dat ass...

i gotta go with FUnkdafied

Soopahigh

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 08:53:02 AM »
gotta go with Funkdafied.
YRAD is the shit though. Both funky as hell  8)

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 11:53:31 AM »
Young Rich and Dangerous. That album is banging. Too short tho.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 03:37:52 PM »
8) +1

+1. It's funny because really almost everything after that beats wise from JD except a few bangers on Life In 1472 has been lackluster. Almost does not sound like the same producer now. Well now that I think about it his beats on Daz's So So Gangsta was dope.

So true, it does seem like JD switched his style up, Dloaded YRD last nite... forgot how banging that shit was

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 08:52:50 AM »
Man both were great...people slept on the Kris Kross album SOOO tough, but that shit was bangin....Some cut up, Live and die for Hip Hop, Tonight's the night, Mackin ain't easy, dayum!!

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 03:53:33 PM »
Props for bringing this up.

Young, Rich and Dangerous was dope as hell but I gotta go with Funkdafied, that shit's a classic to me so much memories of the summer of 94 too. Btw don't forget about that track Brat did with Biggie Dirty B-side, that was my personal smoking anthem for a while back then.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 03:57:27 PM »

Young, Rich and Dangerous was dope as hell but I gotta go with Funkdafied, that shit's a classic to me so much memories of the summer of 94 too. Btw don't forget about that track Brat did with Biggie Dirty B-side, that was my personal smoking anthem for a while back then.

Word, I used to bump the version from the "Bad Boys" soundtarck... (didn't know it was the clean version)
Then I got a copy of of Da Brat's "Funkdafied EP" and whoa!! was that song different uncensored...lol

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 04:04:58 PM »

Word, I used to bump the version from the "Bad Boys" soundtarck... (didn't know it was the clean version)
Then I got a copy of of Da Brat's "Funkdafied EP" and whoa!! was that song was different...lol

I don't seem to remember it was on Funkdafied not the OG 1994 pressing anyway, the dirty version was on a CD single for one of the songs of Funkdafied though I still got it somewhere. Which reminds me JD and Da Brat did some dope remixes too for Funkdafied.

Damn too bad my CDs and vinyl are stashed in different places otherwise I would be looking for all that stuff right now.

On a side note: Free Shawntae!

~Loyalty Is Everything~

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 04:19:32 PM »
Def funkdafied for me, kriss kross was too played out for me to listen to any of their follow up albums....not to say that there isn't some dope joints on there tho.

Funkdafied was JD doing his best Dre/GFunk impression and Brat doin her best Snoop impression. JD has never had a distinct production style, but he was good at takin whatever production was hot at the moment and let that dictate his sound. He's a great song writer for sure though...his r&b production is better than his hip hop production