Author Topic: ever thought about suicide?  (Read 626 times)

infinite59

Re: ever thought about suicide?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2002, 04:56:51 PM »

WORD! I can't really relate because I've never been pushed to that point, but I've dealt with those who have thought about it and when life deals you the wrong cards then how can you not think about it. When someone says "they can't face life" its ridiculous... your story about your dad proves it wrong... are they basically saying you need to face life and let it happen... I know I didn't deal with that... so does that mean I faced life right? I'm glad you made it through your times... keep your head up and remember, even when your down, the high times come back and let those shine brighter than the darkest days

-Big BpG

Word... Thanks homie.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2002, 05:02:33 PM »
i don't think suicide would ever be an option for me, becuase no matter how much anguish i'm going through in my earthly life, it's nothing compared to the anguish i'd feel in the after life if i decided to take my own life

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2002, 05:10:39 PM »
Word.  No matter what religion you are, you have to believe that whoever gave you life is gonna be extremely mad if you wasted it.  Anybody that's lost a family member can relate to the unbelievable pain it causes, and what kind of Dick would do that to their family?  Honestly, I don't think there's much hope for someone who commits suicide in the afterlife... of course, I think sometimes, God gives you what you want.  If you life for heaven, you'll see heaven... if you believe in a dark hole, that's where you're gonna spend eternity.

infinite59

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2002, 05:16:19 PM »
Word.  No matter what religion you are, you have to believe that whoever gave you life is gonna be extremely mad if you wasted it.  Anybody that's lost a family member can relate to the unbelievable pain it causes, and what kind of Dick would do that to their family?  Honestly, I don't think there's much hope for someone who commits suicide in the afterlife... of course, I think sometimes, God gives you what you want.  If you life for heaven, you'll see heaven... if you believe in a dark hole, that's where you're gonna spend eternity.

Would you rather have the person stay alive and start murdering muthafucka's?  I think Kurt Cobain felt the world was better off without him, that his family was better off as well.

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2002, 05:21:00 PM »
Kurt Cobain would never harm a flea, except himself. So, by choosing to kill himself, he inadvertantly stabbed everyone he'd ever known or who had came to love him through his music, doing EXACTLY what he made a point not to do in life.  The guy was really beautiful until he pulled that crap.  

infinite59

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2002, 05:41:03 PM »
Kurt Cobain would never harm a flea, except himself. So, by choosing to kill himself, he inadvertantly stabbed everyone he'd ever known or who had came to love him through his music, doing EXACTLY what he made a point not to do in life.  The guy was really beautiful until he pulled that crap.  

Your right, he'd rather kill himself before harming others.... but your wrong, I don't respect him any less for killing himself.  If you hate someone for killing themselves, then I call you the selfish one.  Your not considering how much pain they were in.  Your only thinking about yourself.

Big BpG

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2002, 06:34:28 PM »

Your right, he'd rather kill himself before harming others.... but your wrong, I don't respect him any less for killing himself.  If you hate someone for killing themselves, then I call you the selfish one.  Your not considering how much pain they were in.  Your only thinking about yourself.

Once again, right on.  My brother is so depressed, his medicine is like his savior. When he wasn't on his medicine, he was always asleep... he would come home from school and sleep for 14 hours till school started again... he was in so much pain... his mind, his thoughts were all bad... he truly believed that I would want him dead, that my mom would want him dead, that my dad would want him dead... he truly believed that if he was gone we would all be happier. However we loved him too much to let him go any farther. The best feeling is when he thanked us for helping him. He was in so much pain. Pain that really wasn't there, but rather in his head from the chemical inbalance.

Now Trauma... you got it all twisted... like a pretzel playing gymnastics... they don't kill themselves to hurt the ones they love... they do it because they feel that anything is better than life itself... so when it gets to that point... you can only hope for the best.

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Suge Knight workson the streets as my HO
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2002, 03:31:51 AM »
Suicide occured to me after I got raped,it was just right after and it was like well why don't I kill myself but you know what I am happy I never succeded?I just have a very funny feeling about this subject........... :-/
don't quote mre boy I ain't said shit "yet"

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2002, 03:37:40 AM »
No, I believe Yall have it twisted.

You say I'm selfish because I think they should think about the others they hurt?  Isn't it very selfish to ONLY worry about how bad life is to you, and not worry about your 3 year old daughter, who won't have a daddy now.. that was his responsibility.  And imagine the pain he put his wife through.  Is it worth ending the pain of one to inflict pain on dozens of family members?  Ha, hardly.  What a wimp.

BPG- I realize some people need medication to control their depression... i've got a Psyc degree.  But I refuse to feel sorry for someone who commits suicide, and infinite, I don't 'hate' them.  I just think it's the ultimate sin (I'm not sure if Islam has the concept of sin, though, but i'm sure you know what I mean)... And i've never been told it's the ultimate sin, I just feel that it's wrong to take life, and even WORSE to take your own, because it leaves everyone around you wondering what they did wrong, with nobody to blame but themselves.

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2002, 03:42:07 AM »
Trauma has there ever been a spot in your life where you thought about doing it? :(

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2002, 03:43:32 AM »
Here's Kurt's note, with comentary by his wife, Courtney Love-Cobain.  I think it's extremely interesting to read... she read this to his fans over the radio the day after his body was found.  The comments in the middle aren't mine, there hers... she was all crying and mad and screaming on the radio, it was really horrible.  Now, imagine if him killing himself was worth putting her through that, not even considering his mother, his little girl, etc. etc.

----------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what to say. I feel the same way you
guys do. If you guys don't think... to sit in this
room where he played guitar and sang, and feel so
honored to be near him, you're crazy... Anyway, he
left a note, it's more like a letter to the fucking
editor. I don't know what happened. I mean it was
gonna happen, but it could've happened when he was 40.  
He always said he was gonna outlive everybody and be
a hundred and twenty. I'm not gonna read you all the
note 'cause it's none of the rest of your fucking
business. But some of it is to you. I don't really
think it takes away his dignity to read this considering
that it's addressed to most of you. He's such an
asshole. I want you all to say 'asshole' really loud.
"This note should be pretty easy to understand.
All the warnings from the punk rock 101 courses over
the years since my first introduction to the shall
we say, ethics involved with independence and embracement
of your community, it's proven to be very true.
"I haven't felt the excitment of listening to as well
as creating music, along with really writing something,
for too many years now.

"I feel guilty beyond words about these things --
for example, when we're backstage and the light go
out and the roar of the crowd begins, it doesn't
affect me the way in which it did for Freddie Mercury,
who seemed to love and relish the love and adoration
of the crowd."

Well, Kurt, so fucking what -- then don't be a rock
star you asshole.

"Which is something I totally admire and envy. The
fact that I can't fool you, any one of you, it simply
isn't fair to you or to me. The worst crime I could
think of would be to pull people off by faking it,
pretending as if I'm having 100% fun"

Well Kurt, the worst crime I can think of is for you
to just continue being a rock star when you fucking
hate it, just fucking stop.

"Sometimes I feel as I should have a punch-in
time-clock before I walk out on stage. I've tried
everything within my power to appreciate it, and I do,
God believe me I do, but it's not enough. I appreciate
the fact that I and we have effected and entertained
a lot of people. I must be one of those narcissists
who only appreciate things when they're alone. I'm too
sensitive. I need to be slightly numb in order to regain
the enthusiasm I once had as a child. On our last 3 tours
I've had a much better appreciation of all the people
I know personally, and as fans of our music, but I still
can't get out the frustration to gather the empathy I
have for everybody. There's good in all of us and I simply
love people too much."

So why didn't you just fucking stay?

"So much that it makes me feel just too fucking sad.
Sad little sensative unappreciative Pieces --"

Jesus man oh shut up.. bastard
Why didn't you just enjoy it? I don't know. Then he goes on
to say personal things to me that are none of your damn
business; personal things to Frances that are none of
your damn business.

"I had a good marriage, and for that I'm grateful. But
since the age of seven, I've become hateful toward all
humans in general only because it seems so easy for
people to get along that have empathy."

Empathy?

"Only because I love and feel for people too much I guess
Thank you all from the pit of my burning nauseous stomach
for your letters and concern during the last years. I'm
pretty much of an erratic moody person and I don't have the
passion anymore. Peace, Love, Empathy, Kurt Cobain."

And there is some more personal things that is none of your
damn business. And just remember: this is all bullshit...
And I'm laying in our bed, and I'm really sorry. And I feel
the same way you do. I'm really sorry you guys. I don't know
what I could have done. I wish I'd been here. I wish I hadn't
listened to other people, but I did.

Every night I've been sleeping with his mother, and I wake
up in the morning and think it's him because his body's sort
of the same.

I have to go know.

-- Courtney Love

Trauma-san

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2002, 03:58:21 AM »
I've had a lot of horrible things happen in my life, but I have never considered suicide.  There's too much beauty on earth to leave it just because times get rough.  

Miss NWA Whoorider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2002, 04:06:04 AM »
well Trauma that is kinda what this post is for,for us to make known what our greivences are so they do not kick us in the stomach and make us kill ourselves,you starting to get the message? >:(I want anyone who is unhappy to post what they are unhappy about,or to tell us why you think suicide is a bad thing,,trust me there is a very important reason why....as I said I just have this funny feeling way down deep >:(

Big BpG

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2002, 04:09:49 AM »
I've had a lot of horrible things happen in my life, but I have never considered suicide.  There's too much beauty on earth to leave it just because times get rough.  

Some people have it so bad, and the emotional problem that occur are so traumatic that even life's beauty don't do enough. The darker days shine darker then their  brightest days, so when it does get to that point, it's to end the suffering in which they feel.

-Big BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2002, 04:43:18 AM »
i think this is what makes suicide such a taboo and complex issue

in Cobains case it makes the biggest of fans such as i  both sad and pissed

Cobain WAS going through some shit, he never led a happy life, he absolutly disliked being that popular and that looked up too, he had an asortment of illnesses, and he was addicted to heroine

BUT look at alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll (literally)lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll(no i'm serious)lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the people he didn't think about before he pulled that trigger

first and foremost his wife........remember this is before hole really blew up and for all Kurt knew he was going to leave courtney a single mom (who was also a junky at the time) and could've ended up on the streets within a matter of year or few months with fancis, who coulda been sold off for heroine by courtney and a number of things

secondly his daughter fancis....kurt was always a piller of hope for kids without a father or for kids who had a broken home....now he's doing it to his OWN daughter

thirdly...the rest of his family anyone who even remotely cared about him in his family were badly hurt

fourthly ...his bandmates, aka his best friends i could go on and on about this too

and probably the biggest one(people wise)

his fans, like isaid before do you know how many people looked up to tht man that came from broken families and that were even MORE depressed than kurt?? a griiiiiiiiiiiip people were expecting mass suicides after kurt killed himself, imagine if you were one of those kids ,whose only stability is this man....a man who is the only thing keeping these kids from killing themselves, is now killing himself

but i don't know , maybe kurt's mind was clouded by all those drunks he was taking...but again whose fault is it that.

i love kurt , dude was a genius, and for the most part i areed with just about everything he said/did prior to this, but this is something that really makes me mad, and should make anyone mad really, it's very sad but , but the way he went out should rightfully piss off anyone who had respect for him.....but the best thing to do like Perry Ferrell said is to not think about the tragedy and the politics of it too much

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09