Author Topic: Now it's on! (Joe Budden vs. Wu)  (Read 5065 times)

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
Re: Now it's on! (Joe Budden vs. Wu)
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2009, 01:32:50 PM »
Look, theres no point arguing w/ u.  Ur soo blind for ur love of Joe Budden, that he can do no wrong in your eyes.

U seem to think that if I don't follow Joe Budden as hard as u do.. Then I'm Anti-Joe Budden.  To me, good music is good music.
If he makes a great song, then I'll bang it.  But like I said, I'm not feeling most of his stuff.  I've heard padded room & the mood musik mixtapes. 
Just not really feeling em'.. And I have the right to my opinion.  To me, the best song I heard from him is 3 sides to a story.  Its a good story, and really good lyrics, but the song itself gets kinda boring and repetive.  Just my opinion.  Calm down!
I have no problem, that u are in love w/ him.  Thats ur perogative.
Like I said before, I'm interested in hearing this SlaughterHouse project.  Most of the stuff I've heard has been pretty good.. But once again, not that he's wack, I'm just feeling Joeys shit the least.  I'm lovin how Crooked is going, and I also feeling Royce's shit. 

But u keep saying dumb shit, like I might as well be a Die Hard Wu-Tang fan because I'm not siding w/ Joe Budden??  Thats the dumbest shit I've heard!  The reason why I brought up Method Man and not Tupac, is because this whole thing started w/ Joe calling out Method man.  C'mon dude, its not that hard to figure out..  If Joe never started this shit, none of it woulda happenend.. No Inspectah Deck track, no nothing! 

U said we'll have to agree to disagree.. Honestly dude, I don't disagree w/ anything u say.. U have the right to like whoever u like. I got no problem w/ u loving Joe Budden.. But its just u seem to have a problem w/ me.. not loving him also!

I said I'm not a big fan of his, I think he got some cool tracks and he's a lyrisist.. but I don't bang his music all day like that.. I can say exactly the same shit for Wu-Tang during the last 10 years.  I'm not anti-anybody.  I'm just stating my opinion.. And it seems that alotta other people seem to agree w/ me.  U don't need to try to prove to us that ur views are right, and we all just don't know what good music is.  My whole point of the 1st thread was its too many Die Hard Fan boys on both sides of this argument.  I'm not either a Joey or Wu-Tang groupie, but I'm arguing w/ a Die Hard Joe Budden fan.. so who's the bias one here, me or you?   :laugh:

So I don't know why ur trying to prove to everybody that I'm anti-Joe Budden.. Lemme ask u this... Do u think ur opinion is un-biased?  Are u a good authority on this Joe Budden vs Wu-Tang beef, when everyone here knows how much u love him, and u'll defend any slander upon his name.  Just opinions dude.. U listen to what u like, I'll listen to what I like.. And everything will be allright!   8)

I'm well balanced, with immense talents...  Burn the script, then flip it to keep myself challenged.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2009, 03:11:44 PM »
All I wanna say is Buddens will never make a song comparable to "All I Need" or an album comparable to "36 Chambers"...

Him and Joell are the worst in Slaughterhouse which isn't sayingmuch cos they're all dope as, but he constantly has the worst or 2nd worse verse on the tracks, except for Woodstock which hecame correct on...

Fanboys need to stop riding his nuts so hard, hes good with words we get it

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2009, 03:50:09 PM »
hahah....Cham gets owned every time nuk writes a paragraph. And nuk ain't even disagreeing.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2009, 04:22:23 PM »
alright i'm just going to keep it short and sweet so maybe you will understand my point this time lol.

if you are not feeling Joe Budden's music (i could care less btw; know that, i don't care if you like his music) but you can't say you aren't biased because that is a clear showing of bias lmao.

so don't listen to what i say because i am biased, i like most of the music he makes; even the weak shit he makes, i will like more than the average listener; but you're saying he isn't that good, you don't like his shit, but insist you're not biased on the situation LMAO.

if you came in here & said yeah i bump Budden i like this shit & that shit, but i think "blah blah blah", that would be one thing; but to come in & say Joe Budden is overrated, this & that, that biased lol.

anyway, my whole bringing up your post was to show that people just sided with you because you wrote a lot; you honestly haven't said anything that hasn't already been said, but people are reacting like you just came up with your own formulated opinon.

got guys like NillerTheKid & Rapsodie just co-signing shit because it's against Budden, it didn't matter what you said as long as it was against Budden.

although it could very well just be the fact it's me lol, i could make a thread saying "Tupac was a good rapper" & they would be the first two to jump in the thread and be like "na, he wasn't", just because i made the thread. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i like you Nuk23 (no homo) as a poster. you're opinonated, but know i wasn't trying to go hard against your opinons, i was just stating that your opinons have been said but people on this board will just co-sign anything that's not Pro-Budden; easily the most hated rapper in hip hop. 8)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2009, 05:08:12 PM »
why are you bringing me up? I haven't cosigned or agreed with anything he's said about Budden. But as far as you trying to prove he's more biased than you, I'd say you're faling.

I don't see anyone actually hating on Budden. Most people just don't think he is as good as you make him out to be. Nothing wrong with that. How is that hating?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 05:17:24 PM by rapsodie »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2009, 05:32:36 PM »
why are you bringing me up? I haven't cosigned or agreed with anything he's said about Budden. But as far as you trying to prove he's more biased than you, I'd say you're faling failing.

I don't see anyone actually hating on Budden. Most people just don't think he is as good as you make him out to be. Nothing wrong with that. How is that hating?

LOL, you clearly don't read enough threads in this section to truly say Budden just "isn't as good as i make out to be".

their have been things said like "Budden is trash", "Budden is boring", "Budden is weak", "Budden is wack"; but na, you haven't seen that yet lol.

like i also said, you're doing a great job reading what any of us said; i haven't been trying to show he's more biased than me, but he is biased, period. ;)

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2009, 05:35:26 PM »
I'm a keep it shorter and sweeter.

Ur only seeing half of what I say.  I did say, I'm not that big a fan of Joe Budden, BUT I ALSO said that I'm not feeling anything that Wu has put out in a long long time.   THATS WHAT MAKES ME LESS BIAS!  U only see that, I say I'm not feeling Budden, and u jump up to defend him or attack me for my opinion.

U can bring up everything I said on Joey if u want but . I'm not a fanboy of either of them.  And u are an adimitted fanboy.  I said many times IMO Wu has fallen off alot.  I'm just sharing my views for a rather large consesus of people who are in the middle.  Who aren't fanboys of either side.. Thats why people are agreeing w/ me.    8)  
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 05:37:23 PM by nuk23 »

I'm well balanced, with immense talents...  Burn the script, then flip it to keep myself challenged.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2009, 05:41:09 PM »
why are you bringing me up? I haven't cosigned or agreed with anything he's said about Budden. But as far as you trying to prove he's more biased than you, I'd say you're faling failing.

LOL, you clearly don't read enough threads in this section to truly say Budden just "isn't as good as i make out to be".

their have been things said like "Budden is trash", "Budden is boring", "Budden is weak", "Budden is wack"; but na, you haven't seen that yet lol.

like i also said, you're doing a great job reading what any of us said; i haven't been trying to show he's more biased than me, but he is biased, period. ;)

everyone's biased to some degree. It's impossible to not be biased. But nothing he has said makes him "anti-budden". He's even said he bumps a few Budden songs. you going after him just because a few people agree with his post makes you out as a fanboy.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2009, 05:52:06 PM »

everyone's biased to some degree. It's impossible to not be biased. But nothing he has said makes him "anti-budden". He's even said he bumps a few Budden songs. you going after him just because a few people agree with his post makes you out as a fanboy.

lol, i clearly posted 5 things that show it; but alright whatever.

forget it, as long as Budden is shown in a bad light by the end of this thread you guys will be happy & i won't spoil your day. ;)

my personal favorite thing about this thread is the pride you guys take to try to expose me or something as a "fanboy" or "groupie", when all you have to do is go to the West Coast Section, click the "Official Internet Groupie Thread" or whatever it's called & it says it right their in black & white, me stating "i am a Joe Budden groupie".

but again, you guys just deliberatly miss my point so your right & i am wrong; the main problem with this board is that people decide to stay so narrow minded to what they think is right, not even open to others opinons; i know you're going to try to come back & say "HOW CAN YOU EVEN TALK?", but again, if you actually read posts instead of just skimming through it & getting the point you would know that i am one of the most open minded people on this board, i allow myself to be convinced if their is a reasonable argument.

but this guy just comes in & says Joe Budden is bad (basically what you're saying, i don't see how you think someone who is "overrated, lacking emotion; LOL, you even said his best song & your favorite song by him sounded boring and repeatative LMFAO!)

somebody with any half of a brain come in here & show me you understand my point lmao; he goes "i even said that i haven't been feeling the music Wu has put out in years"; but i mean all those classics from the 90's were awesome right? so you did like them right?

LOL!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2009, 06:25:09 PM »

forget it, as long as Budden is shown in a bad light by the end of this thread you guys will be happy & i won't spoil your day. ;)

my personal favorite thing about this thread is the pride you guys take to try to expose me or something as a "fanboy" or "groupie", when all you have to do is go to the West Coast Section, click the "Official Internet Groupie Thread" or whatever it's called & it says it right their in black & white, me stating "i am a Joe Budden groupie".

but again, you guys just deliberatly miss my point so your right & i am wrong; the main problem with this board is that people decide to stay so narrow minded to what they think is right, not even open to others opinons; i know you're going to try to come back & say "HOW CAN YOU EVEN TALK?", but again, if you actually read posts instead of just skimming through it & getting the point you would know that i am one of the most open minded people on this board, i allow myself to be convinced if their is a reasonable argument.

but this guy just comes in & says Joe Budden is bad (basically what you're saying, i don't see how you think someone who is "overrated, lacking emotion; LOL, you even said his best song & your favorite song by him sounded boring and repeatative LMFAO!)

somebody with any half of a brain come in here & show me you understand my point lmao; he goes "i even said that i haven't been feeling the music Wu has put out in years"; but i mean all those classics from the 90's were awesome right? so you did like them right?

LOL!

How the hell is Budden shown in a bad light? Because people place him last in a group of extremely talented emcees? Because people don't think he can go up against one of the greatest groups in hip hop? Nigga please.

And saying someone is overrated isn't a negative thing. All it means is that he thinks you rate him too high. I think Pac is overrated as well. Yet he'd still make my top 10. Are you going to accuse me of hating Pac as well? I love Pac. I probably have more of his songs in my itunes than any other rapper.

As far as him lacking emotion, you obviously didn't understand nuk's comment. He was talking about Budden's voice lacking emotion, not his lyrics. I don't think that's hating as its damn near universally accepted that the guy doesn't have the smoothest voice.

I don't forum-stalk you so I wouldn't know who you are a groupie of. But now that you've came out I guess I'll just ignore you.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2009, 06:39:32 PM »

LOL!

How the hell is Budden shown in a bad light? Because people place him last in a group of extremely talented emcees? Because people don't think he can go up against one of the greatest groups in hip hop? Nigga please.

And saying someone is overrated isn't a negative thing. All it means is that he thinks you rate him too high. I think Pac is overrated as well. Yet he'd still make my top 10. Are you going to accuse me of hating Pac as well? I love Pac. I probably have more of his songs in my itunes than any other rapper.

As far as him lacking emotion, you obviously didn't understand nuk's comment. He was talking about Budden's voice lacking emotion, not his lyrics. I don't think that's hating as its damn near universally accepted that the guy doesn't have the smoothest voice.

I don't forum-stalk you so I wouldn't know who you are a groupie of. But now that you've came out I guess I'll just ignore you.

like i said, you obviously don't pay enough attention thread in & thread out if you truly believe that Budden isn't hated on. :laugh:

he said the best song Joe Budden has is kind of weak because it is repetative & gets boring; but na, he's in a shining light of great honor is this thread lol. read what i just said their again; his favorite Joe Budden song isn't all that good because it's boring & you're still going to sit there & tell him i'm just upset? maybe one day you'll grow up & stop just disagreeing with every last thing i say because you just strive to see me look dumb lmao.

LOL, c'mon now.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2009, 07:28:17 PM »
I don't strive to make you look dumb. Usually you come with some good points. But I guess when it comes to Budden you lose sense.

nuk didn't talk about his favorite budden song. now you're seeing things that aren't there. from what i read, his opinion is that budden has good lyrics, but a boring delivery. then he went into explaining how a lot of today's emcees lack flow and voice, and how it prevents them from being a great rapper. then a bunch of people started agreeing with him and you caught feelings. he even said budden had better lyrics than method and you still call hater. lmao.

i'm done defending the guy because he can speak for himself, but i fucking hate it when groupies throw the word hater around.

HipHopISalive

• 'G'
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2009, 07:31:50 PM »
How the hell do you get worse lyrically with age? You don't. I'm pretty sure the Wu coud still bring it. Stop over rating Budden's arse.

tell em.

Everybody has thier own opinions, but theres too much fan boys in here.  Half the people on this thread love Joe Buddens and think he's the best rapper alive, and the other half still think Wu-Tang is still dropping classics like it was the mid-late 90's.  I guess I'm more of a nuetral opinion, cuz while I've never been the biggest Joe Budden fan, I used to be into Wu-Tang alot, but I'll be the first to admit that they've fallen off since thier peak many years ago.  
I'm looking foward to hear what Slaughterhouse album sounds like, and I'm also waiting on the Cuban Links 2 album.  

I see it like this.. Joe Budden is prob the most over-rated underground rapper.  IMO he's the worst dude on Slaughterhouse.  Every song I've heard from them, he's had either the worst verse or the 2nd worse verse.  He's the one who started all this, by running his mouth.. Yeah, people may say it was taken outta context, but he still called out another rapper out by name.  And Method man responded.  Maybe he didn't quite understand what Joey was tryna say, but regardless, nobody can tell another man how he should respond when being called out in public.  Now this thing maybe spiraling outta control.
I'm thinking when its all said and done there will be a few good disses on each side, theres already been one (I like the Inspectah Deck track).  But nothing worthy enough be considered a classic.  Because ultimately, this beef won't mean anything in hip hop history.  Maybe it woulda worked out for Budden if Wu was still relevant, but overall only true fan bases are even checking for this.
People keep talking about how Wu fell off and how they haven't been relevent, bringing up sales and all that.. But Joe Budden has never been relevant.  If Wu-Tang and most of their solo artists never sell another copy, or even release an album.. They can still make more money than Budden can the rest of his career.  Wu-Tang has a crazy fan base.. Somebody said that if u go to a Wu show, u'll see a bunch of hip hop heads, u'll see rock/ heavy metal dudes, skaters whatever.. they can just go on tour and run thru their classics and sell out big shows.  
Joe Buddens,  has some clever lines and pretty good lyrics but He'll never be a big name in rap.  From what I've seen, only people who are just into rap, especially underground rap can get into Joey.  He's only had one hit that the average hip hop fan can identify. Pump it up, the same song which he gets clowned on today for.  His fans probably hate that song, I'm sure he hates it too, kinda like Eminem hates, Hi My name is.  I dunno, its something about his delivery or voice that makes me not interested, I've seen people who love his shit, post lyrics, and I'll read em.. And I'll be like oh shit, this is dope.. Then when I go listen to the actual song, It sounds pretty boring.  Even if he had the best lyrics in the game, he hasn't learned how to make it great songs that will be considered classics.  Cuz at the end of the day, he's in the music game.
I used to be one of those guys that were just all about lyrics.. but as I got older, I realized in music its just as important what u say, as how u say it.  Does it give u certain emotion or feeling, does it make u move?  dance, get mad, whatever.  As I started listening to other genres of music, I realized how weak rap has gotten.  Theres not enough flow and voice and emotion anymore.  Alotta hip hop heads argue all day, who has the best lyrics.. They'll throw out names like Nas, Imortal Technique, Jay-z, Joe Budden, Talib ... etc.. The truth is, if ur just into lyrics theres plenty of Spoken Word Poets out there that will shit on any of these rappers.  
So while Joe probably has better lyrics, he loses to Method Man, cuz Method Man got him on flow and voice.  And 10 years from now, Method Man will still be remembered for his classic songs like The 1st Wu Album, All I need w/ Mary J. Blige and his feature on Biggies first album..  And Joe Budden will probably be underground rapper that never made it, like Canibus or AZ.

much posting props,....even heads who disagree (shit, even i didnt agree wit everything posted) gotta respect the logic and rational in your post....well thought out and put, +1

honestly, i respect your opinon in respecting his opinon & views, but i read about 2 sentences of what he said & realized it wasn't going anywhere.

he showed he is clearly anti-Joe Budden by saying he was "the most overrated" & "the worst in Slaughterhouse", say it's "his opinon", but no force on earth will convince me anything he has to say isn't biased to begin with.

but i continued to go on reading to make sure i wasn't missing something that you guys are propping him for & i realized, nope he didn't say anything that hasn't already been said lol.

although he did bring up the point "Joe Budden isn't relevant", which doesn't mean shit because Big L > 98% of any other rappers & i can gaurentee you that the "average" hip-hop fan couldn't tell me who he was; the name might ring bells, but they couldn't name you more than 5 songs.

so obviously your relativness doesn't reflect your skill in the slightest & same goes for sales; i don't know if he was commenting on my points, but i never said anything about "being relative", i said Wu hasn't been dropping classics for 10 years; but also like i said, it's not Wu, it's Deck.

he said Joe Budden gives no emotion into his music, easily the deepest rapper in hip hop & you're saying he has no emotion. :laugh:

then he wrapped it up by saying "he loses to Method Man" when Meth hasn't even been in the discussion for a good month; but let's bring him back & the only reason he thinks Meth is better is because he isn't a Joe Budden fan to being with!

so maybe i should start writing 500 word essays on my feelings towards things & you guys will just be like "real talk +1". :laugh:

i appreciate the fact Nuk23 took the time out to write that, but i can't just be like "you're right, because you took your time on it", if you guys actually read it, you would see that it's mostly biased, hating on Joe Budden, brings up points already examined & you guys are being fooled, although maybe you're not because most of you just shit on Joe Budden anyway. :P

finally, i do give you props because you didn't really show any "Pro-Wu-Tang" views, but you clearly showed a dislike for Budden & his music five or six times throughout.

*lets karma drop from die heart Wu fans, for having my own opinon* :D
if your actually saying 98% of average hip hop fans wouldn't be able 5+ songs of Big L's then these people clearly are not HIP HOP fans.. Big L is one of the greatest of all time whoever cannot name 5+ songs of Big L's work should not even be allowed to express their opinion on hip hop issues let alone consider themselves hip hop fans.
CHARGERS, BLAZERS, CANUCKS, UCLA

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2009, 07:46:55 PM »
How the hell do you get worse lyrically with age? You don't. I'm pretty sure the Wu coud still bring it. Stop over rating Budden's arse.

tell em.

Everybody has thier own opinions, but theres too much fan boys in here.  Half the people on this thread love Joe Buddens and think he's the best rapper alive, and the other half still think Wu-Tang is still dropping classics like it was the mid-late 90's.  I guess I'm more of a nuetral opinion, cuz while I've never been the biggest Joe Budden fan, I used to be into Wu-Tang alot, but I'll be the first to admit that they've fallen off since thier peak many years ago. 
I'm looking foward to hear what Slaughterhouse album sounds like, and I'm also waiting on the Cuban Links 2 album. 

I see it like this.. Joe Budden is prob the most over-rated underground rapper.  IMO he's the worst dude on Slaughterhouse.  Every song I've heard from them, he's had either the worst verse or the 2nd worse verse.  He's the one who started all this, by running his mouth.. Yeah, people may say it was taken outta context, but he still called out another rapper out by name.  And Method man responded.  Maybe he didn't quite understand what Joey was tryna say, but regardless, nobody can tell another man how he should respond when being called out in public.  Now this thing maybe spiraling outta control.
I'm thinking when its all said and done there will be a few good disses on each side, theres already been one (I like the Inspectah Deck track).  But nothing worthy enough be considered a classic.  Because ultimately, this beef won't mean anything in hip hop history.  Maybe it woulda worked out for Budden if Wu was still relevant, but overall only true fan bases are even checking for this.
People keep talking about how Wu fell off and how they haven't been relevent, bringing up sales and all that.. But Joe Budden has never been relevant.  If Wu-Tang and most of their solo artists never sell another copy, or even release an album.. They can still make more money than Budden can the rest of his career.  Wu-Tang has a crazy fan base.. Somebody said that if u go to a Wu show, u'll see a bunch of hip hop heads, u'll see rock/ heavy metal dudes, skaters whatever.. they can just go on tour and run thru their classics and sell out big shows. 
Joe Buddens,  has some clever lines and pretty good lyrics but He'll never be a big name in rap.  From what I've seen, only people who are just into rap, especially underground rap can get into Joey.  He's only had one hit that the average hip hop fan can identify. Pump it up, the same song which he gets clowned on today for.  His fans probably hate that song, I'm sure he hates it too, kinda like Eminem hates, Hi My name is.  I dunno, its something about his delivery or voice that makes me not interested, I've seen people who love his shit, post lyrics, and I'll read em.. And I'll be like oh shit, this is dope.. Then when I go listen to the actual song, It sounds pretty boring.  Even if he had the best lyrics in the game, he hasn't learned how to make it great songs that will be considered classics.  Cuz at the end of the day, he's in the music game.
I used to be one of those guys that were just all about lyrics.. but as I got older, I realized in music its just as important what u say, as how u say it.  Does it give u certain emotion or feeling, does it make u move?  dance, get mad, whatever.  As I started listening to other genres of music, I realized how weak rap has gotten.  Theres not enough flow and voice and emotion anymore.  Alotta hip hop heads argue all day, who has the best lyrics.. They'll throw out names like Nas, Imortal Technique, Jay-z, Joe Budden, Talib ... etc.. The truth is, if ur just into lyrics theres plenty of Spoken Word Poets out there that will shit on any of these rappers. 
So while Joe probably has better lyrics, he loses to Method Man, cuz Method Man got him on flow and voice.  And 10 years from now, Method Man will still be remembered for his classic songs like The 1st Wu Album, All I need w/ Mary J. Blige and his feature on Biggies first album..  And Joe Budden will probably be underground rapper that never made it, like Canibus or AZ.

much posting props,....even heads who disagree (shit, even i didnt agree wit everything posted) gotta respect the logic and rational in your post....well thought out and put, +1

honestly, i respect your opinon in respecting his opinon & views, but i read about 2 sentences of what he said & realized it wasn't going anywhere.

he showed he is clearly anti-Joe Budden by saying he was "the most overrated" & "the worst in Slaughterhouse", say it's "his opinon", but no force on earth will convince me anything he has to say isn't biased to begin with.

but i continued to go on reading to make sure i wasn't missing something that you guys are propping him for & i realized, nope he didn't say anything that hasn't already been said lol.

although he did bring up the point "Joe Budden isn't relevant", which doesn't mean shit because Big L > 98% of any other rappers & i can gaurentee you that the "average" hip-hop fan couldn't tell me who he was; the name might ring bells, but they couldn't name you more than 5 songs.

so obviously your relativness doesn't reflect your skill in the slightest & same goes for sales; i don't know if he was commenting on my points, but i never said anything about "being relative", i said Wu hasn't been dropping classics for 10 years; but also like i said, it's not Wu, it's Deck.

he said Joe Budden gives no emotion into his music, easily the deepest rapper in hip hop & you're saying he has no emotion. :laugh:

then he wrapped it up by saying "he loses to Method Man" when Meth hasn't even been in the discussion for a good month; but let's bring him back & the only reason he thinks Meth is better is because he isn't a Joe Budden fan to being with!

so maybe i should start writing 500 word essays on my feelings towards things & you guys will just be like "real talk +1". :laugh:

i appreciate the fact Nuk23 took the time out to write that, but i can't just be like "you're right, because you took your time on it", if you guys actually read it, you would see that it's mostly biased, hating on Joe Budden, brings up points already examined & you guys are being fooled, although maybe you're not because most of you just shit on Joe Budden anyway. :P

finally, i do give you props because you didn't really show any "Pro-Wu-Tang" views, but you clearly showed a dislike for Budden & his music five or six times throughout.

if your actually saying 98% of average hip hop fans wouldn't be able 5+ songs of Big L's then these people clearly are not HIP HOP fans.. Big L is one of the greatest of all time whoever cannot name 5+ songs of Big L's work should not even be allowed to express their opinion on hip hop issues let alone consider themselves hip hop fans.

Well, you must consider this - most known "hip hop" fans these days like "pop hop" - so they get lumped in.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2009, 07:52:47 PM »

tell em.

Everybody has thier own opinions, but theres too much fan boys in here.  Half the people on this thread love Joe Buddens and think he's the best rapper alive, and the other half still think Wu-Tang is still dropping classics like it was the mid-late 90's.  I guess I'm more of a nuetral opinion, cuz while I've never been the biggest Joe Budden fan, I used to be into Wu-Tang alot, but I'll be the first to admit that they've fallen off since thier peak many years ago. 

I see it like this.. Joe Budden is prob the most over-rated underground rapper.  IMO he's the worst dude on Slaughterhouse.  Every song I've heard from them, he's had either the worst verse or the 2nd worse verse.  He's the one who started all this, by running his mouth.. Yeah, people may say it was taken outta context, but he still called out another rapper out by name.  And Method man responded.  Maybe he didn't quite understand what Joey was tryna say, but regardless, nobody can tell another man how he should respond when being called out in public.  Now this thing maybe spiraling outta control.
I'm thinking when its all said and done there will be a few good disses on each side, theres already been one (I like the Inspectah Deck track).  But nothing worthy enough be considered a classic.  Because ultimately, this beef won't mean anything in hip hop history.  Maybe it woulda worked out for Budden if Wu was still relevant, but overall only true fan bases are even checking for this.
People keep talking about how Wu fell off and how they haven't been relevent, bringing up sales and all that.. But Joe Budden has never been relevant.  If Wu-Tang and most of their solo artists never sell another copy, or even release an album.. They can still make more money than Budden can the rest of his career.  Wu-Tang has a crazy fan base.. Somebody said that if u go to a Wu show, u'll see a bunch of hip hop heads, u'll see rock/ heavy metal dudes, skaters whatever.. they can just go on tour and run thru their classics and sell out big shows. 
Joe Buddens,  has some clever lines and pretty good lyrics but He'll never be a big name in rap.  From what I've seen, only people who are just into rap, especially underground rap can get into Joey.  He's only had one hit that the average hip hop fan can identify. Pump it up, the same song which he gets clowned on today for.  His fans probably hate that song, I'm sure he hates it too, kinda like Eminem hates, Hi My name is.  I dunno, its something about his delivery or voice that makes me not interested, I've seen people who love his shit, post lyrics, and I'll read em.. And I'll be like oh shit, this is dope.. Then when I go listen to the actual song, It sounds pretty boring.  Even if he had the best lyrics in the game, he hasn't learned how to make it great songs that will be considered classics.  Cuz at the end of the day, he's in the music game.
I used to be one of those guys that were just all about lyrics.. but as I got older, I realized in music its just as important what u say, as how u say it.  Does it give u certain emotion or feeling, does it make u move?  dance, get mad, whatever.  As I started listening to other genres of music, I realized how weak rap has gotten.  Theres not enough flow and voice and emotion anymore.  Alotta hip hop heads argue all day, who has the best lyrics.. They'll throw out names like Nas, Imortal Technique, Jay-z, Joe Budden, Talib ... etc.. The truth is, if ur just into lyrics theres plenty of Spoken Word Poets out there that will shit on any of these rappers. 
So while Joe probably has better lyrics, he loses to Method Man, cuz Method Man got him on flow and voice.  And 10 years from now, Method Man will still be remembered for his classic songs like The 1st Wu Album, All I need w/ Mary J. Blige and his feature on Biggies first album..  And Joe Budden will probably be underground rapper that never made it, like Canibus or AZ.

Well, you must consider this - most known "hip hop" fans these days like "pop hop" - so they get lumped in.

14 year old kids maybe. but then again those people wouldn't know who Rakim is either. those aren't hip hop fans, those are fans of whoever is hot at the moment.