Author Topic: Now it's on! (Joe Budden vs. Wu)  (Read 5142 times)

thisoneguy360

Re: Now it's on! (Joe Budden vs. Wu)
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2009, 12:00:54 PM »
LOL @ people acting like Wu Tang is all of a sudden inferior because of bad sales...who gives a fuck. No one sells shit these days and 2 of the guys in Slaughterhouse haven't even released a major album. I love Slaughterhouse but beefing with legends is always stupid.

Lunatic

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2009, 12:04:17 PM »
^The Wu (Deck) are the ones really igniting this though.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2009, 12:06:48 PM »
I like how people act like Wu tang is some power house.When was the last time a Wu project even went gold?rzas last album sold 3k the first week.Cappadonna didn't even make it on the top 200 niether did u god.That Wu tang chamber music didn't chart either.This isn't 1994 anymore people.Nobody cares about Wu tang these days.Even the last Wu tang album didn't go gold.
Ppl can't accept but since I was never a big Wu fan, that's real talk. Nowadays, Crooked would eat any of them up alive lyrically. Shit, Budden 2.
you might not be a fan, but listen to their music before making such a stupid statement
I have. "Ironman" is a classic album imo. Crooked I can lyrically fuck with any of them.
So you heard an album released 13 years ago? doesn't make your statement less dumber. plus, Supreme Clientele is a better album
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Lunatic

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2009, 12:09:17 PM »
I like how people act like Wu tang is some power house.When was the last time a Wu project even went gold?rzas last album sold 3k the first week.Cappadonna didn't even make it on the top 200 niether did u god.That Wu tang chamber music didn't chart either.This isn't 1994 anymore people.Nobody cares about Wu tang these days.Even the last Wu tang album didn't go gold.
Ppl can't accept but since I was never a big Wu fan, that's real talk. Nowadays, Crooked would eat any of them up alive lyrically. Shit, Budden 2.
you might not be a fan, but listen to their music before making such a stupid statement
I have. "Ironman" is a classic album imo. Crooked I can lyrically fuck with any of them.
So you heard an album released 13 years ago? doesn't make your statement less dumber. plus, Supreme Clientele is a better album
Exactly. 13 years ago when they were a lot better than they are today. Ghost is too busy making an R&B album and tracks with Ron Brownz ::) Now who looks dumb? No offense, you sound like a die hard Wu fan who can't see the truth.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2009, 12:10:31 PM »

Yeah but this is all cause of Budden pmsing about that stupid ass Vibe list

Lunatic

« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2009, 12:13:08 PM »

Yeah but this is all cause of Budden pmsing about that stupid ass Vibe list
But Wu didn't have to take it to this level. If Joe or Slaughterhouse responds with a diss track, it's not for publicity or exposure, it's more because the Wu is showing this a lot more attention than they should be. Saying "fuck joe budden" at a concert he is at, c'mon ::)

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2009, 12:23:59 PM »
Exactly. 13 years ago when they were a lot better than they are today. Ghost is too busy making an R&B album and tracks with Ron Brownz ::) Now who looks dumb? No offense, you sound like a die hard Wu fan who can't see the truth.
yeah, cause Wu rappers has released nothing  but shit the last years  ::) Pro Tools, Big Dough Rehab, 4:21, BO2, Grandmasters, 8 Diagrams, ad Dopium just released, 7 great releases, showing they still got it. its okay you're not a big fan, but you should listen to their current work, before making a judgment. Yes, I'm a die-hard Wu fan, but that doesn't mean my opinion should be discarded.
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2009, 12:34:11 PM »
guys, stop overrating the Wu just because of shit they dropped so long ago! :o

i mean, c'mon; they got some bars left, but Joey is at the top of his game.

you can hate on him all you want, but deep down you know Joey (right now) is a better rapper then anybody in The Wu-Tang Clan.

i swear, everybody here lives in the past; it's not even funny lmao.

Lunatic

« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2009, 12:52:08 PM »
yeah, cause Wu rappers has released nothing  but shit the last years  ::) Pro Tools, Big Dough Rehab, 4:21, BO2, Grandmasters, 8 Diagrams, ad Dopium just released, 7 great releases, showing they still got it. its okay you're not a big fan, but you should listen to their current work, before making a judgment. Yes, I'm a die-hard Wu fan, but that doesn't mean my opinion should be discarded.
Pro Tools was pretty hot. Wasn't a huge fan of Big Dough Rehab. 4:21 was good, much better than the last frisbee Meth released. 8 Diagrams, some of the Wu members don't even like it lol.

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2009, 03:47:18 PM »
Pro Tools was pretty hot. Wasn't a huge fan of Big Dough Rehab. 4:21 was good, much better than the last frisbee Meth released. 8 Diagrams, some of the Wu members don't even like it lol.
because of the production rza brought on it, lyrically its shit on most things out 
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,

thisoneguy360

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2009, 03:48:44 PM »

you can hate on him all you want, but deep down you know Joey (right now) is a better rapper then anybody in The Wu-Tang Clan.

You're right I'm a huge Budden hater, you got me

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2009, 04:57:09 PM »

Do you even listen to Wu Tang?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2009, 05:10:46 PM »
does anyone even remember Deck was on CREAM to begin with?  lol that song got famous for Meth's hook

Rapsodie, I love wu tang as much as the next man  (don't get me started on Liquid Swords), but their impact as a group on the rap game hasn't been shit since FOREVER dropped in 97 or 98

i mean for christ sakes just 2 years ago UGOD was being scheduled to preform in NORTHERN MAINE lol   that ain't impressive....he ended up being a no-show and was replaced by Killah Priest which was amazing  8)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2009, 05:23:46 PM »

Do DID you even listen to Wu Tang?

yeah, i did back in the day; i still check on the stuff they made a while ago today.

36 Chambers is an instant classic, one of my favorite albums ever; but that album was in '93, right?

then i would say, Wu Forever > The W > 8 Diagrams. never heard Iron Flag.

notice they progressively have gotten worse album by album? not saying they're bad albums by any means, 8 Diagrams was a solid album; but a solid album vs. Joey in his prime? c'mon now.

as far as solo albums go, i've heard; Liquid Swords (the best solo album, imo), Tical, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Judgement Day & Ironman.

but i think that's more than enough to form an opinon on this.

notice all those albums i named are concidered great to classic albums (no doubt); but also noticed they were released 10 or more years ago.

you think they still got that same game in them? PLEASE! :laugh:

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2009, 06:00:18 PM »
does anyone even remember Deck was on CREAM to begin with?  lol that song got famous for Meth's hook

Rapsodie, I love wu tang as much as the next man  (don't get me started on Liquid Swords), but their impact as a group on the rap game hasn't been shit since FOREVER dropped in 97 or 98

i mean for christ sakes just 2 years ago UGOD was being scheduled to preform in NORTHERN MAINE lol   that ain't impressive....he ended up being a no-show and was replaced by Killah Priest which was amazing  8)

impact wise yes you're right. But just because they fell off the charts doesn't mean they fell off lyrically. Its mostly cause of the direction RZA is taking with production.