Author Topic: Now it's on! (Joe Budden vs. Wu)  (Read 5157 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Now it's on! (Joe Budden vs. Wu)
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2009, 06:06:23 PM »
guys, stop overrating the Wu just because of shit they dropped so long ago! :o

i mean, c'mon; they got some bars left, but Joey is at the top of his game.

you can hate on him all you want, but deep down you know Joey (right now) is a better rapper then anybody in The Wu-Tang Clan.

i swear, everybody here lives in the past; it's not even funny lmao.

Do DID you even listen to Wu Tang?

yeah, i did back in the day; i still check on the stuff they made a while ago today.

36 Chambers is an instant classic, one of my favorite albums ever; but that album was in '93, right?

then i would say, Wu Forever > The W > 8 Diagrams. never heard Iron Flag.

notice they progressively have gotten worse album by album? not saying they're bad albums by any means, 8 Diagrams was a solid album; but a solid album vs. Joey in his prime? c'mon now.

as far as solo albums go, i've heard; Liquid Swords (the best solo album, imo), Tical, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Judgement Day & Ironman.

but i think that's more than enough to form an opinon on this.

notice all those albums i named are concidered great to classic albums (no doubt); but also noticed they were released 10 or more years ago.

you think they still got that same game in them? PLEASE! :laugh:

the game to make another classic album? Probably not. But GZA would still destroy Budden lyrically either way. He's still a lyrical beast.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2009, 06:22:20 PM »
I say fuck it let them go at it. I really do not judge how a rappers disses would be compared to how their last album was. Yeah Wu has declined a little bit but I would not be the least surprised if something like this would make for some dope music from the ones that decide to jump in.

Invincible

« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2009, 06:31:17 PM »
How the hell do you get worse lyrically with age? You don't. I'm pretty sure the Wu coud still bring it. Stop over rating Budden's arse.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2009, 06:36:05 PM »
How the hell do you get worse lyrically with age? You don't. I'm pretty sure the Wu coud still bring it. Stop over rating Budden's arse.

tell em.

Invincible

« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2009, 06:58:52 PM »

tell em.

I'm sure if RZA hadn't of been so selfish with the production on 8 Diagrams and got some production from Pete Rock, Havoc, Hi-Tek, erick Sermon and some more Mathematics, who I think is a very under rated producer etc, it would of been a much better album, because lyrically the Wu were on point. But some of the RZA's productions on that album were so boring it made a boring album. I feel they were more relevant up till 2002 because that Iron Flag album is the fucking nuts. But relevance means fuck all to me.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2009, 07:06:43 PM »

they don't have the same fire in the system they had 10 years ago.

but regardless, Joe Budden talked about how he made a diss track for INS, not Wu Tang.

why are people's names being thrown in this? apparently, it's just between INS & Joey.

Joey could make one of his worst diss tracks ever & it would be better than Deck's diss lmao.

people are throwing GZA's name in this like it's his beef, c'mon now.

Meth hasn't even spoken on this, i don't even think he wants any more to do with this, but yet people are acting like all of Wu-Tang are going to make a track against him; maybe they will, but right now to say that is just a total, complete guess.

their is no indication that all of them will go after Budden, so stop saying GZA's name (not you Invincible, just in general).

Biggie is better lyrically than Joe Budden too & Biggie & GZA are equally involved in this beef (as of now); they're not. :P

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2009, 07:09:31 PM »

Don't know if that was directed at me but I never said anything about age.

Invincible

« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2009, 07:12:37 PM »

No not you. You're not sticking up for a particular side so it wasn't aimed at you.

SO PRUP

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2009, 07:13:50 PM »
How the hell do you get worse lyrically with age?

Kurupt?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2009, 07:14:04 PM »

you can hate on him all you want, but deep down you know Joey (right now) is a better rapper then anybody in The Wu-Tang Clan.

yeah, i did back in the day; i still check on the stuff they made a while ago today.

36 Chambers is an instant classic, one of my favorite albums ever; but that album was in '93, right?

notice they progressively have gotten worse album by album? not saying they're bad albums by any means, 8 Diagrams was a solid album; but a solid album vs. Joey in his prime? c'mon now.

as far as solo albums go, i've heard; Liquid Swords (the best solo album, imo), Tical, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Judgement Day & Ironman.

notice all those albums i named are concidered great to classic albums (no doubt); but also noticed they were released 10 or more years ago.

liquid swords > 36 chambers
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2009, 07:14:43 PM »

Kurupt?

+1  LMAO link got owned

also lets throw in Murda Mase and Killa Cam from the Children of the Corn....look how both ended up after they didnt have Big L and Bloodshed around  :-X
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2009, 07:16:02 PM »

it was aimed at me, but i don't think it was in a bad way; i respected the question, but i did my best to explain my views on it.

liquid swords > 36 chambers

that could be people's general opinon; but for me 36 > LS, two classics; but 36 is one of those "rap foundation, impact classics" & i was just personally feelin' it more. 8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2009, 07:17:01 PM »

Kurupt?

+1  LMAO link got owned

also lets throw in Murda Mase and Killa Cam from the Children of the Corn....look how both ended up after they didnt have Big L and Bloodshed around  :-X

i was thinkin' Eminem too, 50 Cent, even Nas isn't putting out that Illmatic shit anymore.

Invincible

« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2009, 07:17:29 PM »

it was aimed at me, but i don't think it was in a bad way; i respected the question, but i did my best to explain my views on it.

Not just you, there are a few people in here saying the same thing.

Invincible

« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2009, 07:19:20 PM »

Kurupt?

I agree with that but thats just 1 example. Hate all you want but I don't think he was that amazing lyrically anyway.