Author Topic: Cavaliers Sign Anthony Parker  (Read 254 times)

'EclipZe

Cavaliers Sign Anthony Parker
« on: July 13, 2009, 08:27:17 AM »
CLEVELAND, OH - July 13th, 2009 - The Cleveland Cavaliers have signed free agent guard/forward Anthony Parker to a contract, Cavaliers General Manager Danny Ferry announced today. Per team and league policy, terms of the contract were not released.

Parker, 34, played in 80 games (71 starts) this past season for the Toronto Raptors and averaged 10.7 points, 4.0 rebounds and career highs of 3.4 assists and 1.3 steals in 33.0 minutes per game. He tied for 10th in the NBA with a 0.88 steal per turnover ratio and recorded a career-high 100 steals. He was one of just 11 players in the NBA to total at least 750 points, 250 rebounds, 250 assists and 100 steals during the 2008-09 season. Against Orlando on January 4th, he posted a season-high 26 points, while shooting 13-16 (.813) from the field. On Nov. 11th, he went a perfect 5-5 from three-point range on his way to 19 points in a win over Miami.

"Anthony will be a solid addition to our roster. He is a very good, intelligent all-around basketball player,” Ferry said. “Our coaching staff will especially appreciate the good shooting and solid defense that Anthony brings to our team."

The 6-foot-6, 210-pound guard/forward has played six years in the NBA, averaging 10.1 points and 3.4 rebounds in 27.9 minutes per game in 290 NBA regular season games. He played five seasons with Maccabi Tel Aviv (2000-02, 2003-06) and one season with Virtus Roma (2002-03), winning five Israeli Premier League championships, five Israeli Cups and three Euroleague titles. Parker was named Euroleague MVP and first-team All-Euroleague in 2005. He averaged 12.4 points, 4.8 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.6 steals in 148 career Israeli Premier League games and averaged 16.3 points, 5.8 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 1.6 steals in 90 Euroleague contests.

solid back up add by cleveland  8)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Cavaliers Sign Anthony Parker
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 10:52:09 AM »
nice pick-up, this is just what cleveland needed, more so than shaq..

tempo2

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 12:05:31 PM »
yep great pickup for the cavs, someone who can knock down the 3 off of lebrons drives and also someone else who can slash to the basket when required. great guy to come off the bench tho for west and lebron. his an above average defender too. 

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 01:22:26 PM »
yep great pickup for the cavs, someone who can knock down the 3 off of lebrons drives and also someone else who can slash to the basket when required. great guy to come off the bench tho for west and lebron. his an above average defender too. 
Agreed.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 01:54:21 PM »
Shaquille O'Neal / Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Anderson Varejao / JJ Hickson
Lebron James / Anthony Parker
Delonte West / Tarence Kinsey
Mo Williams / Daniel Gibson

^ solid. so when they lose this year what excuse does he get?

ps: LMMFAO @ Cleveland originally thinking of moving Lebron to PF. Do you really want a PF who has no clue how to operate in the post?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 02:45:27 PM »
In which universe does "solid" equal a better roster than the current Lakers have, dicksucker?

Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 10:42:56 PM »
it sucks to see him go; best of luck to him in Cleveland.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

RapAddict

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 03:13:49 AM »
Anthony Parker is a class act, he will help the team in the locker room, on the court hitting shots, he's getting old and has lost a step on defence but is still a solid roleplayer who will look great hitting threes off of lebron passing.

I'm sorry to see him leave toronto but hopes he wins a championship, he deserves it.
dj smeeze "you dont have his cd in the deck listening to it? and it's a double frisbee i mean double cd!"