Author Topic: News about Paid Tha Cost to Be Da Boss: Tracklist might be true  (Read 877 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
News about Paid Tha Cost to Be Da Boss: Tracklist might be true
« on: October 24, 2002, 09:45:20 AM »
When you ball as much as Snoop Dogg, you need your own patented call to express enthusiasm when you're running your game.

With "sis boom bah" being as played out as polka dot shirts, the Doggfather has come up with another wholehearted yell on his new album, Paid the Cost to Be the Boss: "Pimp, pimp hooray!"

"Like a rose dippin' down the street/ Look so sweet/ Bumpin' to the beat," the Dramatics harmonize with Snoop on the melodic "Ballin'," which introduces his new phrase.

The odes to the oldest profession continue on "Boss Player," which features Archbishop Don "Magic" Juan, a notorious former agent to ladies of the evening, kicking off the song off calling for "Chuuch." He also testifies to Snoopy being the mack-aroni with the cheese. Meanwhile, the album's star freestyles and even quotes another player extraordinaire, Pootie Tang.

But as Don Juan proved by giving up his job years ago, having a cavalcade of girls can grow wearisome. Snoop, with a little help from the Neptunes, searches for real love on Paid the Cost's probable second single, "Beautiful."

"Beautiful, I just want you to know you're my favorite girl," Pharrell Williams croons on the hook. During the verses, the Dogg warns all who are sniffin' around his babe to keep their paws to themselves. "I get foolish/ Smack a guy who tries to pursue it/ Don't make Snoop Dogg lose it."

His idea of a dream girl? One who listens to Pat Boone and doesn't ask why he throws gang signs and wears dark blue. The love is vocally reciprocated on "I Believe in You," featuring one of Snoop's Doggystyle Allstars, LaToiya Williams. Over the slow, soulful piano strokes provided by producer Hi-Tek, Williams sings, "I know I'm gonna like what you're about to do/ Because I believe in you."

"I believe in you, too," Snoop hollers back. "I couldn't give you away no matter what my friends say."

The rap O.G. stays East Coast, teaming with sardonic track maven DJ Premier on "The One and Only." Primo uses a turntable to scratch up the lyrics "It's the one and only D-O-double-G," and his microphone-holding co-defendant tells some of his life story, including how he came from selling rocks to rocking crowds: "I stayed sharp and played my part."

Snoop and Death Row escapee-turned-Dogg House Records artist Lady of Rage play the part of Gotham City's caped crusaders on "Batman & Robin." When RBX, as Commissioner Gordon, puts the call out that villains are terrorizing the dark city, the pair start hoobangin', set out to bring heat to Mr. Freeze and even go after Two Face and Clay Face, among others baddies.

"When it's beef in Gotham City/ I got to flip," rhymes Rage, who's real name happens to be Robyn. "Robin, I'm more than a sidekick/ ... Switch on my utility belt/ Make your facility melt."

"No one can save the day like Baaatmaaan," the duo sing on song, backed by effects similar to the sounds that signaled somebody being hit on the classic campy TV show.

Snoop, who recently gave up marijuana (see "Snoop Says, 'It Is Cool To Say No To Drugs' "), equates giving up his chemical vices with breaking up on "I Miss That Bitch." "If you been in love like I been love," he begins, "One hit and I couldn't stop trippin'/ ... You used to have a hold on me/ ... I'm leaving you alone because you're driving me crazy."

The slim, trim MC, who also has guest spots from Jay-Z and Ludacris on the record, promises to never leave the West Coast alone on his new project, which drops on November 26.

"My main objective right now is to make the hottest record on the market when November hits," Snoop said a few weeks ago on the set of his video for "From the Chuuch to the Palace." "The West Coast rap game is sort of invisible right now. They need me to come back home and bring it back home. I'm'a do everything to make sure everything looks good and sounds good and feels good."

MTV.com

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re:News about Paid Tha Cost to Be Da Boss: Tracklist might be true
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2002, 10:52:28 AM »
fuck tha haters the album looks Hot  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Myrealname

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2002, 11:05:16 AM »
Yeah but i dont "see" too much west coast sound on this one....

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2002, 11:09:15 AM »
fuck tha haters the album looks Hot  :o :o :o :o :o :o
i agree

Myrealname

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2002, 12:24:44 PM »
1st and 2nd single produced by the neptunes....this is not exactly the best way to bring attention to the west coast.
The album will be tight but i'm not so sure will be 100% west coast

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2002, 12:34:42 PM »
1st and 2nd single produced by the neptunes....this is not exactly the best way to bring attention to the west coast.
The album will be tight but i'm not so sure will be 100% west coast

who gives a fuck bout that as long as the music is good

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2002, 12:35:37 PM »
sounds dope  ;D

teecee

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2002, 01:08:08 PM »
Rage's lyrics seem sick to me, DAMN :" Robin, I'm more than a sidekick/ ... Switch on my utility belt/ Make your facility melt."   that is some shit right there, i gotta feeling the BATman song and the other song with Premo will be the highlights..........it is WACK that the second single is neptunes also, what is SNoop thinking?  The first one is tight, but do we need two? He says the west is invisible now, WELL, GET I THE LAB WITH WARREN, DAZ, AND SOOPAFLY, and make the classic tracks you guys can truly make..........and it won't be invisible.  I don't get it, SNoop has all these homies who are great producers but he doesn't hardly work with them!

Whatever, the album will be nice, about the same as the last couple.

Myrealname

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2002, 01:14:54 PM »
The 2nd track (and maybe single too) produced by the neptunes will be a tight song,with charlie wilson on the hook....and i'm sure the beat will be better than "From the chuuch to the palace".
I'm curios about the tracks produced by jelly roll.....ludacris with snoop  is a tight combo ?

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2002, 01:26:17 PM »
Rage's lyrics seem sick to me, DAMN :" Robin, I'm more than a sidekick/ ... Switch on my utility belt/ Make your facility melt."   that is some shit right there, i gotta feeling the BATman song and the other song with Premo will be the highlights..........it is WACK that the second single is neptunes also, what is SNoop thinking?  The first one is tight, but do we need two? He says the west is invisible now, WELL, GET I THE LAB WITH WARREN, DAZ, AND SOOPAFLY, and make the classic tracks you guys can truly make..........and it won't be invisible.  I don't get it, SNoop has all these homies who are great producers but he doesn't hardly work with them!

Whatever, the album will be nice, about the same as the last couple.

how the fuck u know if He doesnt work with them ?? are u in the studio with them?? ( dont think so )

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2002, 02:49:45 PM »

This will be a tight release of course...
Snoop alwyas drop's heat when he releases a new cd.
But this ImO will Push away his peep's he just got back after "Top Dogg" & "2001" again.
When Snoop fled to the South alot of people just stopped taking his music and his Statis serious anymore.
Just what I heard round' here.

This cd will be very very Eastcoast/Mtv friendly and most likely will be a smnash hit, but at what cost.
Alot of his trues will turn their head on the club Eastcoast Snoop, just like they did on "Tha Game is to...."

I'll still copp it no matter what tho...
Just relayaing what a couple of people are talkin' about in my part's of Southern California.

One
Hatesrats 2oo2

platinumk777

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2002, 03:36:30 PM »
Yeah but i dont "see" too much west coast sound on this one....

exactly what I was thinking

DPGC2003

• 'G'
  • Crissy M
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2002, 04:03:19 PM »
This album is gonna be HUGE...
Rainstorm the back of the bank, bustin loose like Muggsy
Typhoons, Kurupt Calhoun
with a platoon of backwards ass buffoons
Ready to shoot anything that moves             Kurupt-Trylogy

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2002, 04:53:03 PM »
fisrt off is charlie wilson actually on the hook of beautiful? i keep hearing pharell is........suitted and booted would have been a big single so would have long beach to brick city

why is snoop repeating himself? THE SONGS WITH NEPTUNES ARE WORTHLESS!!!! because he already had those songs think about it from the chuuch is basically a song with the hook about himself he already had that with "Big snoop dogg", and "it's the d.o.g." which are noth better songs, then he goes and makes "beatiful" about his wife when he already had a song about is wife from hi tek he dont need two!!
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

LIL GUY

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2002, 08:05:09 PM »
Beautiful is a good single, but hey im just looking foward to the premo track, the one and only, I already herd batman and robin and it's tight as fuck.  I also wanna hear I miss that bitch, snoop talkin bout how he miss weed.  I think the weak songs are gonna be the ones done by you guessed it jellyroll.  All his tracks are shitty,  he already fucked up Xzibit's album so hey why not try to fuck up snoops too.  Its like I said all snoop needs is 5 heaters and one classic song.  the 5 heaters could be IMO,  "From the chuuch","Batman","one and only","Beautiful",and "I miss that bitch", and ohhh, "lollipop".  Damn this album could be fire.  I over the fact that jelly roll is on the album but if I get 5 heaters I give up my fight.