Author Topic: Alcohol  (Read 431 times)

ikke

Alcohol
« on: July 13, 2009, 11:35:57 AM »
I thought I'd start a discussion about alcohol and the best age you should allow people to start.

I was talking to Hack last night and he thought 16, which is the age you're legal in the netherlands was way too young to start drinking alcohol.

But to me 21 is way too high. If parents refuse to give there children alcohol till an age that high they will start to 'worship' it, creating alcoholism.
The Biggest alcoholics have parents who made sure they NEVER got any alcohol and made such a scene about it if they did drink some.

My parents have never hit a glass of wine or beer out of my hand when I was smalelr, so I didn't really wanna try it.
Now I only drink alcohol in moderation and because I LIKE IT. I'd chose pepsi over beer anyday.

But there's always peer pressure

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Alcohol
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 11:50:45 AM »
i started drinking at thirteen...because i was allowed i never abused it....i got smashed a couple of tyms but hardly ever (bdays,new years,parties etc)...but because i was allowed it wasnt no big thrill just normal so i never felt no urge to go OTT

when i hit 18 and was legal to hit clubs and ish....thats when it got stupid LOL

Sparegeez

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 11:54:38 AM »
People drink to get cool points now a days.. that's why at most parties here in Cali you'll find all the youngstas throwing up during the middle of the party.

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 11:56:12 AM »
had my 1st drink at age of 7
started really drinking at age 12  one-two shots
i hit 14 i was taking 5+ shots...
currently i barely drink...
i smoke dank...

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 11:57:20 AM »
legal age should be 16  8)

ikke

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 11:57:27 AM »
i started drinking at thirteen...because i was allowed i never abused it....i got smashed a couple of tyms but hardly ever (bdays,new years,parties etc)...but because i was allowed it wasnt no big thrill just normal so i never felt no urge to go OTT

when i hit 18 and was legal to hit clubs and ish....thats when it got stupid LOL

Peer pressure I guess?

But My theory is correct.
The first time I got drunk I was about 13 to. I puked over my father and then I didn't drink again for about 1 year. The 2nd time I puked and got an hangover was over 3 years later.
Now I'm 16 and I only drink because I like it and know exactly when to stop.

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 12:01:01 PM »

Peer pressure I guess?

The first time I got drunk I was about 13 to. I puked over my father and then I didn't drink again for about 1 year. The 2nd time I puked and got an hangover was over 3 years later.

idk...maybe it was other shit goin on at the time...but i ended up in some right states...i still drink occasionally but i know when to call it a night now...no more 3 day benders lol

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 12:02:56 PM »

Peer pressure I guess?

do you really know?
most adults dont know when to stop...

ikke

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 12:05:58 PM »

Peer pressure I guess?

do you really know?
most adults dont know when to stop...
I puke at about 18 drinks with 1 meal in a day.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 12:07:15 PM »
TBH the legal age doesn't matter because it's so easy to get alcohol, personally i don't drink that often when i do its when im just genuinely having a good time, i hate all these retards out there who drink just so that they can boast about it and act all mature, it's pathetic

ikke

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 12:11:00 PM »
TBH the legal age doesn't matter because it's so easy to get alcohol, personally i don't drink that often when i do its when im just genuinely having a good time, i hate all these retards out there who drink just so that they can boast about it and act all mature, it's pathetic
Yes exactly.
These are the children of the parents who think they are really good and parenting because they never gave there kids alcohol.
Like I said they start to 'Worship' it.

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 12:19:28 PM »
Yes exactly.
These are the children of the parents who think they are really good and parenting because they never gave there kids alcohol.
yeah the forbidden fruit is the one most craved...

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 12:21:13 PM »
I thought I'd start a discussion about alcohol and the best age you should allow people to start.

I was talking to Hack last night and he thought 16, which is the age you're legal in the netherlands was way too young to start drinking alcohol.

But to me 21 is way too high. If parents refuse to give there children alcohol till an age that high they will start to 'worship' it, creating alcoholism.
The Biggest alcoholics have parents who made sure they NEVER got any alcohol and made such a scene about it if they did drink some.

My parents have never hit a glass of wine or beer out of my hand when I was smalelr, so I didn't really wanna try it.
Now I only drink alcohol in moderation and because I LIKE IT. I'd chose pepsi over beer anyday.

But there's always peer pressure

yea when i was a kid, theyd always give me beer but obviously they knew i wouldnt like it.

but damn alcohol is a much crazier drug than weed, its funny how cultural norms can be so  stupid. makin it the crazier drug legal

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 12:25:29 PM »
Yes exactly.

I wouldnt put it like that, people drink at a young age because its the 'cool' thing to do, i wouldnt say they worship it, i knew people when i was younger who didnt even like Alcohol but they drank it because of peer pressure, it's just the way society is nowadays, like everyone claiming they smoke weed on a daily basis, it's all bullshit

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 12:30:53 PM »
alcohol doesn't make people drunk...it's the reaction inside the body that does.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]