Author Topic: Joe Budden On Inspectah Deck Diss, "Yeah He F**king Hid 'Cause I Looked For Him"  (Read 1482 times)

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
And yes it is jaydc and this is the first time I've changed my name and the last ha ha.And medium last time I check selling less then 200k on a major was a flop.
didn't Rick Ross have a #1 album with 130K sold?
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

Triple OG Rapsodie

I have doubts over whether Slaughterhouse will even sell over 100k if this single doesn't get some major spins.

Jaydc555

Yes he did.And he failed to go gold.And look how much money they spent marketing that album?Now consider that Lloyd banks last album sold 144k first week and he got dropped

Triple OG Rapsodie

If Wu tang dropped an album today it would sell less then slaughterhouse.Just look at the sales for all Wu tang related releases in the last few years.If you can't accept that then your a groupie who can't use his brain properly.

8 Diagrams sold pretty well from what i saw.

people hated the production too. a lot of wu fans didn't buy it. i didn't  ;D

Jaydc555

If Wu tang dropped album this year they probably wouldn't make 100k even on a major.Every year that goes by their fan base gets smaller and smaller.And this isn't hate I'm a huge Wu tang fan.I own all their albums and a lot of solo projects.I was one of those 3 thousand people that bought the last rza album

Okka

"8 Diagrams" was garbage, that might be the reason why people didn't buy it ;)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
why are we even talking about sales? why do sales even matter?

i love how people try and use the "now" to try to justify why a particular rapper should be considered better. Like time even matters. Time is relative. A year from now there will be a completely different set of rappers that people are talking about and stanning up to. Wu Tang has been in the game over 15 years. slaughterhouse is a newly formed group. If you compare their debuts and what impact they've made, obviously they don't match up. For all we know they will fail and go back to their individual careers. I'm not saying they can't make an impact. But people are talking like they already have this string of accomplishments that can be compared against a legendary hip hop group that has already made their mark. Its ridiculous.

i doubt that slaughterhouse could outsell Wu even today but we will see. I hope they can sell well and I hope they do blow up, but don't assume anything.

lol, whose fault is that? they weren't born soon enough?

i've said it before, The Marshall Mathers LP was the last "true classic" that gets thrown into top "number" albums of all time.

now in an age, where sales go to people who don't even rap; how can any album make that impact? never again will their be a top selling, hard lyrical spitting artist.

plus people refuse to allow albums of today to even be in the same sentence as albums from the 90's, people won't ever allow these albums to even come close to making an impact.

then people want to go & say "hip hop is dead" when you got 4 of the best rappers in hip hop, who actually rap their asses off, in the same group; just putting music out for the fans & trying to give actual rap a comeback & you got people saying "one of the members isn't good", "the group as a whole is overrated", constant threads i go into about Slaughterhouse i wouldn't say people are talking shit to the extreme, but people say things that show dis-interest & i just don't get it lol. but thanks to you guys, Lil' Wayne just sold 3 million albums LMAO.

anyway, albums today simply cannot hold the same impact; because it's nothing new. like i said, The Marshall Mathers LP is concidered like the last "real classic" & it's because it's from a rapper who made an amazing impact by being white. but sales really shouldn't even be the talked about, it doesn't equal impact or matter in 2009. if the album is great, it shouldn't matter how much it sells, it's a great album.

it happens in sports all the time, legends retire, we praise them; but we find new ones to root for & become fans of, we don't have to constantly live in the past.

Jaydc555

Well because people keep saying oh don't against Wu tang their fan base is huge etc etc etc when it clearly isn't and I'm using sales to make them look dumb.Wu tang is not popular anymore and never will be again

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^yeah plus, Wu fans are questioning Slaughterhouse sales; like it matters lol.

Wu-Tang was 12 years ago, not that i still don't bump those classics from time to time; but today they just don't cut it today.

thisoneguy360

"8 Diagrams" was garbage, that might be the reason why people didn't buy it ;)

I think 8 Diagrams was decent but definitely not up to par with their other shit

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The only relevant argument for sales is that it reflects on how big your fan base is which reflects how relatable your music is but none of this means it reflects real talent or skill ... though it can.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jaydc555

It can also just be a reflection of how big your budget is.Because if people like plies and Rick Ross had to get by on skill they wouldn't sell anything

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It can also just be a reflection of how big your budget is.Because if people like plies and Rick Ross had to get by on skill they wouldn't sell anything

lol, Rick Ross is carried 105% by his beat selection.

Jaydc555

And he wouldn't be able to afford those beats independently.As is the case with 85 percent of mainstream rappers

nuk23

• Lil Geezy
@ nuk = ignorance is bliss

@ chuck knoxx "Seems like its a good idea til it happens to you " not backing out of a fight cuz your major RTBS money is on the line.

please explain ur ignorance is bliss comment, as it is rather vague

I'm well balanced, with immense talents...  Burn the script, then flip it to keep myself challenged.