Author Topic: Walk Like An Egyptian  (Read 330 times)

infinite59

Re: Walk Like An Egyptian
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2002, 04:51:31 AM »
personally i could care less about egypt and anything that has to do with history........

How you gonna know who you are if you don't study your history?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

lee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2002, 05:51:02 AM »
i'm with Sub Z history stuff is boring espescally egypt  ;D

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2002, 07:55:15 AM »
I think theflood definately happened, and I think a lot of christian archaeologists will say the earth's more than 7000 years old... it'd be ignoring a lot of evidence not to.  Christianity and Archaeology can go hand in hand, I think.  

Sub-Z

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2002, 09:00:21 AM »
^^ Dude you're missin out, it's fascinating

Egyptians believed in many gods, right.  Ankhenaten, (basically, King Tut's father) was the first Pharoah to break the mold and say "there is only 1 god, the sun god, Aten".  His name was originally Ankhenamun, he gets to be pharoah, and destroys all the other gods, (amun) and changes his name to Aten!  Egypt went crazy.  He was secretly hated by many egyptians for this... he passed on, and was buried in his holy city he built for his 1 god.... Which was also called Ankhenaten.  His son, Tutankhaten took the throne, and changed his name to Tutankhamun, restoring the polytheistic gods; so Egypt loved him.  Eventually, Ankhenaten's tomb was raided in Ankhenaten, so Tutankhamen had his body removed in secrecy, along with Nefertiti, his mom, and reburied in the Valley of the Kings with a fitting King's burial.  After Tutankhamen's death, his body was found and destroyed (since everyone hated him)... that's all theoretical, but what I'm leaning towards happened.

They say that 80% of Egypt still lies hidden under the sands.  That's tombs, temples, etc. etc.

yea yea,i kno the whole story bout him,but the  names "ankhenaten" and "aten" are wrong,it was akhenaton and aton

this shit just bores me,so im not missin out on much

Sub-Z

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2002, 09:03:01 AM »

How you gonna know who you are if you don't study your history?

i dont need to study my history to know who i am.......

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2002, 09:55:07 AM »
Actually, we're both correct.  Yours is the French version, mine the English version of the name.

Don Seer

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2002, 10:12:53 AM »
Has anyone actually been there? or to anywhere similar?

I've only been to some UK places like glastonbury tor, tintagel and some stone circles, and one of those chalk things (the horse one, not the guy with the huge cock - lol). the tor is so peaceful when there aren't tourists around.

Instant_Killa

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2002, 01:43:57 PM »
They say that some of the mummies like that of King Tut's had a curse or something, and when the tombs were discovered, the founder had died because of the"curse". Can you shed some light on that shit?

Peace

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2002, 04:04:19 PM »
Overseer - I've never been, but I WILL be in the Kings Chamber of the GP before I die, or I'll die. Wait; I mean... well, you know.

Apocolypse - King Tut's tomb was opned in 1922, within months, some of the people involved were dead, and a dozen or so were dead within 10 years.  Everyone involved with the thing died strangely, except Howard Carter, who was the one who first entered the tomb!  Crazy.  A lot of it's coincidental, like Lord Carnavan (spelling?) who funded the thing died of a mosquito bite (there's legends that all the lights in cairo went out when he died, etc.).  The trippy thing was, evidence suggests that in the tomb, stuck in the paint on the walls of the burial chamber was a fungus that really hadn't seen modern air; it was caught in the chamber when it was closed millenia ago, and grew on the paint.  A few deaths can probably be attributed to modern lungs breathing the 4000 year old fungus spores, but most of it's coincidence.  

Carter met his own fate though, eventually the egyptian government banned him from the country, so he never even got to revist the tomb he found, after he spent 10 years clearing it!

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2002, 11:29:02 PM »
Has anyone actually been there? or to anywhere similar?

I've only been to some UK places like glastonbury tor, tintagel and some stone circles, and one of those chalk things (the horse one, not the guy with the huge cock - lol). the tor is so peaceful when there aren't tourists around.

7O4D: I've been to Egypt, but I don't really know too much about the whole history. I tell ya, the pyramids are amazing, I sort of felt scared out there to be honest, lol, felt liked there was this sort of evil aura out there. It's mad cos' there's the desert with the pyramids then a few yards down its the Sphinx and then there's the city/town where everyone lives right across the road, lol. You were aloud to climb on the pyramids, only so far obviously but still, I was going to take a peice of the pyramids with me, but was too scared, lol. Oh, & I got to ride on a camel, that was g'd up, lol. Also got to go to the museum where the there were mummy tombs & tutancarmon's (if thats how it's spelt) head gear, that huge mask thing (see, shows how much I know).
  ;D

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.