Author Topic: (SHOCKER) 50 Cent To Release New Album Same Day As Jay-Z  (Read 872 times)

Lunatic

(SHOCKER) 50 Cent To Release New Album Same Day As Jay-Z
« on: July 14, 2009, 11:52:22 AM »
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.9467/title.50-cent-to-release-new-album-same-day-as-jay-z

In a move that seems all too familiar, rapper 50 Cent [click to read] has announced that he will release his fourth studio album the same day Jay Z’s Blueprint 3 is released.

According to YoRaps.com a source in the G-Unit camp has revealed that 50 Cent’s Before I Self Destruct [click to read] will be released on September 11, the exact same day Jay Z’s Blueprint 3 drops.

Almost two years ago, 50 Cent released his third album Curtis the exact same day as Kanye West’s Graduation [click to read]. Ironically, the albums were also released on September 11.

In an interview with Funkmaster Flex two years ago 50 Cent shared his thoughts on releasing an album the same day as Kanye.

"I hope they see and understand what's getting ready to happen," 50 Cent said. "I'm coming September 11. If Kanye comes that day, he comes that day. That'll be great. I think his people are smart, I think he's smart too ... I think they'll move. But I'm coming September 11."

50 Cent’s Before I Self Destruct has been given several release dates, but has been pushed back every time. Most recently, 50 Cent released his War Angel LP and spoke to MTV about the LP.

"This material, I felt it fits the summer," 50 Cent explained to MTV. "The whole vibe. I used the War Angel title for it [because] I read a comic book through Marvel Comics. The guy who created it, he's done 'Nightmare on Elm Street' and illustrations I'm familiar with. He created this concept: War Angel. God created these angels to create war. It's necessary on some level. I took the concept. It's kinda from the perspective I grew up under.”

::)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: (SHOCKER) 50 Cent To Release New Album Same Day As Jay-Z
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 11:55:33 AM »
NO WAY! NO FUCKIN' WAY! :o :o :o

THAT'S CRAZY SHIT MAN, I DID NOT SEE THAT ONE COMING!

lol anyway, make sure you let us know when Game decides to join in on this because he is definatly releasing the same day too.

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 12:07:30 PM »
^Nah I don't think Game will do that

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 12:09:12 PM »

he's got current beef with Jay & always had problems with 50, i wouldn't be surprised.

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 12:11:14 PM »

he's got current beef with Jay & always had problems with 50, i wouldn't be surprised.
True, but it would be stupid. His last 2 albums didn't FAIR that well on the charts. This would be a mistake.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 12:12:30 PM »

"I ain't got beef with 50, no beef with Jay. What's beef when you gettin' head in the six trey?" - The Game "One Blood"

LOL. That came to my mind. I would expect Game to do it though.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 12:14:33 PM »

True, but it would be stupid. His last 2 albums didn't FAIR that well on the charts. This would be a mistake.

not going to lie, it is a decent way of getting exposure; imagine 106th & Park with 50, Game & Jay-Z on the same show together. :o

would improve Game's sales but i don't know if he would win, i wonder who would win that actually lol.

"I ain't got beef with 50, no beef with Jay. What's beef when you gettin' head in the six trey?" - The Game "One Blood"

LOL. That came to my mind. I would expect Game to do it though.

LOL, exactly, it would be going against something Game has already said; so it makes perfect sense. :laugh:

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 12:15:46 PM »
^I think Jay would and will win.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 12:17:58 PM »
another shocker: 50 cent won't release an album in 2009 on interscope

MediumL

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 12:18:44 PM »
I dunno 50 sold more with Curtis than Jay with AG but AG didn't have the chart singles Curtis had.  Depends who has the bigger singles tbh - Jay seems to be hoping on the Drake hype and more willing to follow the trend.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 12:22:59 PM »
I dunno 50 sold more with Curtis than Jay with AG but AG didn't have the chart singles Curtis had.  Depends who has the bigger singles tbh - Jay seems to be hoping on the Drake hype and more willing to follow the trend.

it'll sell, but has always had huge singles for his albums; In Da Club, Candyshop & I Get Money.

if he doesn't have a top selling single on this album, i don't know what to say lol.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 12:23:54 PM »
NO WAY! NO FUCKIN' WAY! :o :o :o

THAT'S CRAZY SHIT MAN, I DID NOT SEE THAT ONE COMING!

lol anyway, make sure you let us know when Game decides to join in on this because he is definatly releasing the same day too.
why do you have to talk about Game in every thread? and his album is not coming out before November

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 12:26:04 PM »
^i guess you've never heard of sarcasm?

Lunatic

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 12:33:28 PM »
AG didn't have the big charting single. This time Jay will have that. Plus off the hype it's another "Blueprint", dropping 09/11 just as the first one did, and "DOA" is doing real well, this will easily surpass AG in sales.

MediumL

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 12:37:49 PM »
AG didn't have the big charting single. This time Jay will have that. Plus off the hype it's another "Blueprint", dropping 09/11 just as the first one did, and "DOA" is doing real well, this will easily surpass AG in sales.

Well it doesn't have the movie promotion helping it like AG did. I think it solely depends on who has the bigger singles much like Kanye vs 50 did. Cause Kanye had big sucess with Stronger and Good Life whereas Ayo Technology was 50s only top ten hit Kanye sold more.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>