Author Topic: (SHOCKER) 50 Cent To Release New Album Same Day As Jay-Z  (Read 869 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: (SHOCKER) 50 Cent To Release New Album Same Day As Jay-Z
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2009, 11:05:40 AM »
So who's actually going to listen or download one of both albums?
I Am

Why? Both rappers are known for releasing wack ass music, especially the last years.

you gotta give them a chance; they could always surprise you, even though i am anticipating both lol.

kemizt

187_gangsta_crip

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2009, 11:06:58 AM »
hope 50 outsells gay z

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2009, 11:09:29 AM »
There is always at least 3-4 good tracks on these albums so yeah I'm gonna download these albums.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2009, 11:26:47 AM »
doing this shit is only going to hurt sales for both guys, no matter what anyone says.
Not really. I think 50 and Kanye actually sold more because they went head to head. It creates interest. It's not like it's two TV shows playing at the same time slot. Anyone with $25 will be able to scoop up both. If anything, it will make either the fans or haters of one artist buy more CD's so they can feel like they are affecting the outcome.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2009, 12:30:08 PM »
There is always at least 3-4 good tracks on these albums so yeah I'm gonna download these albums.
:laugh:

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2009, 12:37:43 PM »
Both albums should be pretty dope, I'll be downloading both. 50 is back on his shit and the album is going to be mostly Dre produced, which means we're definately going to get bangers. Jay is Jay and as long as he does his shit and doesn't get lazy BP3 should be dope.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2009, 12:45:31 PM »
I'm a download both.  While Curtis wasn't up to par on the mixing I did enjoy the album.  The snippets I hear for Before I self Destruct sound more lyrical then recent material so I'm kind of excited.  I bump the past couple Jay albums so I'm looking forward to Blueprint 3.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2009, 12:56:01 PM »
What, you don't think they have 3-4 good tracks on each album?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2009, 01:59:49 AM »
What, you don't think they have 3-4 good tracks on each album?

oh i wasn't laughing at you or anything, but i just thought that the comment was funny, while on point at the same time ;)
though i would leave out the words at least

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2009, 02:31:09 AM »
doing this shit is only going to hurt sales for both guys, no matter what anyone says.
Not really. I think 50 and Kanye actually sold more because they went head to head. It creates interest. It's not like it's two TV shows playing at the same time slot. Anyone with $25 will be able to scoop up both. If anything, it will make either the fans or haters of one artist buy more CD's so they can feel like they are affecting the outcome.

I'm not so sure in today's market. I think people hardly want to buy an album (preffering illegal download) as it is, so if a rap fan decides he's actually going to buy the album, but finds out that two albums he wants are out on the same day, chances are he will buy one and download the other whereas if they were released a couple of days apart he might have been more likely to buy both.

As for selling more, 50's first album sold almost 900k in the first week and his second sold over a million in 4 days. By comparison, Curtis sold almost 700k in the first week. So I think it is a little stupid for 50 to be doing this.

ikke

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2009, 04:46:10 AM »
I only buy my favorite albums.
or shit I can get for free somewhere (that's how I got tha carter3 xD)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2009, 07:04:41 AM »
It's supposed to be released on the 29th now so no competition against jay
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jimmy H.

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2009, 05:53:09 PM »
I'm not so sure in today's market. I think people hardly want to buy an album (preffering illegal download) as it is, so if a rap fan decides he's actually going to buy the album, but finds out that two albums he wants are out on the same day, chances are he will buy one and download the other whereas if they were released a couple of days apart he might have been more likely to buy both.

As for selling more, 50's first album sold almost 900k in the first week and his second sold over a million in 4 days. By comparison, Curtis sold almost 700k in the first week. So I think it is a little stupid for 50 to be doing this.

The market sucked back then as well. The fact is while it will mean one rapper won't have a #1 album that week, it will also mean that two big rappers will be dropping albums that day so both of their fanbases will be going to record stores to buy the albums. I'd say a 50 Cent fan is more likely to buy Jay's new album if he's in the record store on the day and not at home, waiting a couple more weeks for it to come out, especially since most stores sell them at a lower price on the opening week. It creates a far better chance of the consumer buying the other album on an impulse. By going head to head, it creates a bigger interest in both albums. If you put them out on the same day, the discussion becomes about both albums instead of just one. It's like unofficial cross-promotion. Competition is always good for business.

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2009, 02:45:13 AM »
^i guess you've never heard of sarcasm?

i suppose not, anything that goes against their favorite rapper they turn the serious face on. :laugh:
does this remind you of anybody else?  ;)

not at all actually; i can understand sarcasm & i wouldn't be blind to it because somebody said something about my favorite rapper; the other conversation was an actually debate, unline most threads.

but you just keep contributing to conversations by saying irrelevant thing; yeah, you're a great poster. :laugh: ::)
well thanks, so are you  ;)
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts