Author Topic: ARMENIAN GENOCIDE...  (Read 491 times)

LAXCENTRAL

Re: ARMENIAN GENOCIDE...
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 12:03:23 AM »
yeah... ARMO FOOD IS DANK....

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 01:48:19 AM »
Check this, I'm not going to say the Armenian genocide didn't happen, but I do want to make a couple points about this....

-Generally whoever wins a war gets to write most of the history we end up reading about that war.  The Ottoman's were devastated by World War 1, so much so that the whole damn Empire was dissolved and they were temporarily occupied by Western Powers.  Had Germany/Ottoman Empire won World War 1, then the history would say that the Ottoman's had been benevolent in giving Armenians refuge in Turkey prior to the War, and then later the Armenians stabbed them in the back and became agents for their co-coreligionists; the Russians.  Therefore the Turks, fearing imminent defeat, panicked and removed the Armenians, but excesses were taken by soldiers against the Armenians but it was not a reflection of the policy of the Turkish government.

-Second point I want to make is about the Islamic vs. Jewish factor.  The Ottoman Empire had been the one force that had prevented the Jews from capturing Palestine for 400 years prior to World War 1.  They also remained the last remnant of Islamic influence in Europe, and had been a thorn in the side of the Europeans ever since they sacked Constantinople and swallowed up the Byzantine Empire.  So there definitely was a great effort to demonize the Turks, and glorify the Armenians, as the Armenians were a large Christian minority amongst the Turks, and were often used as inside agents to bring about the collapse of the Ottoman Empire.

-Third point is that by the time of the genocide, the last real Islamic Kalifah of the Ottoman Empire; Sultan Abdul-Hameed had already been removed from power in 1909.  The remaining Sultan-Khalif's were only symbolic at best, much the same as the Royal family in Britian was merely symbolic.  So the Islamic government was actually replaced with Turkish nationalism.  It was the Turkish nationalism that employed racist policies such as the one that lead to the genocide of the Armenians.

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Kool Beenz

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2009, 03:13:54 AM »
whats the derogatory term for an Armenian again?

we use to call Great Dane it all the time back in the day

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2009, 02:53:02 AM »
Check this, I'm not going to say the Armenian genocide didn't happen, but I do want to make a couple points about this....

-Generally whoever wins a war gets to write most of the history we end up reading about that war.  The Ottoman's were devastated by World War 1, so much so that the whole damn Empire was dissolved and they were temporarily occupied by Western Powers.  Had Germany/Ottoman Empire won World War 1, then the history would say that the Ottoman's had been benevolent in giving Armenians refuge in Turkey prior to the War, and then later the Armenians stabbed them in the back and became agents for their co-coreligionists; the Russians.  Therefore the Turks, fearing imminent defeat, panicked and removed the Armenians, but excesses were taken by soldiers against the Armenians but it was not a reflection of the policy of the Turkish government.

-Second point I want to make is about the Islamic vs. Jewish factor.  The Ottoman Empire had been the one force that had prevented the Jews from capturing Palestine for 400 years prior to World War 1.  They also remained the last remnant of Islamic influence in Europe, and had been a thorn in the side of the Europeans ever since they sacked Constantinople and swallowed up the Byzantine Empire.  So there definitely was a great effort to demonize the Turks, and glorify the Armenians, as the Armenians were a large Christian minority amongst the Turks, and were often used as inside agents to bring about the collapse of the Ottoman Empire.

-Third point is that by the time of the genocide, the last real Islamic Kalifah of the Ottoman Empire; Sultan Abdul-Hameed had already been removed from power in 1909.  The remaining Sultan-Khalif's were only symbolic at best, much the same as the Royal family in Britian was merely symbolic.  So the Islamic government was actually replaced with Turkish nationalism.  It was the Turkish nationalism that employed racist policies such as the one that lead to the genocide of the Armenians.

The point you made about who "won the war" would be pretty solid, except it is false. The eradication and forced evacuation of the Armenian population WAS a national policy. There is much evidence that the orders were given directly by Talat Pasha and his cronies. There was a specific day - April 24, 1915 when thousands of Armenian intellectuals and community leaders were executed by the Turkish military, which marks the beginning of the genocide. There is photographic and literary evidence of Turkish soldiers encircling villages on horseback and burning them to the ground with people inside their homes. It was a customary thing to cut a pregnant woman open and kill the baby before killing her. People were forced into churches and then the churches would be burned. My grandfather's mom and her younger brother were among only 3 family members who managed to survive the desert marches - 7 of their siblings died on the way.
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2009, 02:59:12 AM »
Turkey's membership in the EU is highly unlikely while the following conditions persist:

- Denial of the Armenian Genocide along with the Greek, Assyrian, Burlgarian, and Gypsy massacres
- Refusal to recognize Cyprus as Greek Territory
- Extreme censorship of the press and nationalistic policies which limit the freedom of speech and the imprisoning of people based on their political beliefs
- Economic instability and relatively low education rates - women's literacy rate is only 79%.
- Refusal to comply with demands of the U.S. Military to use Turkey's airspace and Turkey's military ambitions in Iraqi Kurdistan.
- Besides, Germany and France are strongly against it, and these 2 are the most influential members of the EU
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Sikotic™

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2009, 03:09:15 AM »

Well, over 1.5 Armenians were still wied off the face of earth regardless.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 11:29:00 AM »
yeah true... infinite... you need to read European versions of the genocide...
if you read islamic texts its not gonna tell you the truth player...
more than 1 and half millions armos died.... there are close to another million that died fighting back who are not mentioned in the 1.5 M