Author Topic: Lakers Withdraw Offer To Odom  (Read 18232 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Lakers Withdraw Offer To Odom
« Reply #150 on: July 25, 2009, 04:31:14 PM »
i mean im not sayin gasol is wack hes dope and he helped the lakers alot
aite amongst rankin where would you put him (best players right now)

but damn doesnt gasol seem a bit overrated?
How so? He's tall, finally gained some muscle, has good footwork, can use either hand, has good range for a big man, rebounds, has a high FG%, and is a good passer. Despite all this he has only been elected to 2 All-Star games and 1 All-NBA Team Third Team.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #151 on: July 25, 2009, 04:46:55 PM »
Sources: Odom leaning toward signing with Heat

Lamar Odom(notes) is leaning strongly toward accepting the Miami Heat’s contract offer and leaving the Los Angeles Lakers, multiple sources with knowledge of the talks said.

Odom has not reached a final decision, the sources said, but there is growing belief he will ultimately return to the Heat unless the Lakers improve their current offer.

“It’s close, but it’s not done,” said one source.

Lakers officials and Odom’s representatives resumed talking after a weeklong standoff that began when Jerry Buss, the team’s owner, withdrew a four-year, $36 million offer that guaranteed $30 million. Sources close to Odom said that while the two sides have since talked, Buss is now offering less than the Lakers’ previous proposal.

Odom could sign a five-year, $34 million with the Heat or take a four-year contract that would give him the option to become a free agent in three seasons and seek a more lucrative deal. He also would not have to pay state income tax in Florida.

Odom, who will turn 30 on Nov. 6, played for the Heat during the 2003-04 season – the only season in his 10-year career that he didn’t spend in Los Angeles – and has maintained a good relationship with Dwyane Wade(notes).

Odom’s departure would be a huge loss for the Lakers and an unexpected gift for the Western Conference’s other top contenders. He averaged 11.4 points and 8.2 rebounds last season, and played well during the Lakers’ run to the championship despite being bothered by back spasms. The Lakers replaced Trevor Ariza(notes) with Ron Artest(notes) this summer, but Odom’s length and versatility made him a difficult matchup off the bench for opposing teams.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2009, 04:48:17 PM »
^ :'( Don't do it Lamar.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #153 on: July 25, 2009, 04:49:34 PM »
is odom takin any less amount of money by goin wit the heat?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #154 on: July 25, 2009, 05:08:04 PM »

yes and no. The contract is for less money over a 5 yr period instead of 4 from the Lakers. But the GUARANTEED money is more. The Lakers are only guaranteeing him 3 yrs where he would have 5 from the Heat. ALSO, he wont pay state tax in Miami like he will here. Meaning he will more then likely net more money there.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #155 on: July 25, 2009, 05:11:25 PM »

yes and no. The contract is for less money over a 5 yr period instead of 4 from the Lakers. But the GUARANTEED money is more. The Lakers are only guaranteeing him 3 yrs where he would have 5 from the Heat. ALSO, he wont pay state tax in Miami like he will here. Meaning he will more then likely net more money there.

He sure as fuck would get an MLE after those 3 years, meaning 42 instead of 34 over a 5 year period. Those state taxes don't make up for that difference. Money is not the reason. He's leaving the current championship team, the biggest market and the glamour of LA for a clear non-contender. Says a lot about how much he likes his teammates, e.g. Kobe.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #156 on: July 25, 2009, 05:13:10 PM »
thats what im sayin
im tryna find out the real issue of him leavin
was he tryna leave in the season at all?
i mean all of a sudden after he gets his ring, im out? lol

He sure as fuck would get an MLE after those 3 years, meaning 42 instead of 34 over a 5 year period. Those state taxes don't make up for that difference. Money is not the reason. He's leaving the current championship team, the biggest market and the glamour of LA for a clear non-contender. Says a lot about how much he likes his teammates, e.g. Kobe.
Cube

« Reply #157 on: July 25, 2009, 05:19:31 PM »

Maybe so. My point is that the numbers dont always show exactly what he will be making. State taxes will total out to a very significant amount of money and the Heat contract allows Lamar to be in control of his future after 3 years more then the Laker contract which would put the Lakers in control of his 4th year.  Include the Kobe factor...and that might be enough to push anyone away.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #158 on: July 25, 2009, 05:25:42 PM »
Duncan is better than Gasol (even tho Pau proved he can be "that" good too, expecially since he's younger and with probably an higher basketball IQ and much room to improve). But what's the point comparing him to Parker, Ginobili or Jefferson? LOL. You guys are hylarious. I said it: if we keep Odom we're even better than last year, so we are the team to beat. Period.

Oh, on a side note..

KOBE > GINOBILI
ARTEST > JEFFERSON
FISHER < PARKER
ODOM > McDYESS

It's really not arguable.

First off, Gasol has proven he can be better then the best power forward of all time? LOL. So PAU= a top 10 player all time in the NBA?? Are you fuckin kidding me??

So.. which part of "Duncan is better than Gasol" did you miss? I wrote that Pau proved he can be "that" good (meaning on Duncan's level). And i'm obviously not comparing their careers. I'm talking about last season: Pau was as good as Duncan.

He had a worse year then Duncan last year and that was with Duncan having a down year with the injuries.  And higher basketball IQ?!? LOL!!!!  Duncan is arguably the best fundamental basketball player of all time. His basketball IQ along with his skills are what make him one of the best ever. Not his athletisism.  I hate to put a ceiling on someone, but cmon man. You know damn well Gasol will NEVER reach that level.  Greatness is typically evident from the beginning.

First of all having good basketball IQ and having great fundamentals are two different things. That said, Gasol has better fundamentals too. That doesn't make him better than Duncan, tho. Luke Walton has better basketball IQ and fundamentals than LeBron James, is he better than him? No. Duncan is better than Gasol, like i said, and he's a winner, a true leader, a wonderful player, a player who doesn't have up and downs like Gasol. But Gasol can be as good as him at this moment of their careers, and his basketball IQ helped him learning triangle so damn fast, adapting to the NBA style so quickly, and it will probably lead him to be a Duncan-type of player in the next years.

I said from day one you guys were the team to beat.  NIK is the one who likes to make outrageous claims (and u know it) about the Lakers being head and shoulders above everyone lol. IF you guys get Odom back, i think you are better then last year. IF you dont, you are worse.

LOL we do agree then.

We unarguable improved and if we stay healthy should be right with the Lakers all year.

You will.

As for your comparisons lol  For one, Ginobli is a bench player and > ANYone on LA's bench.

Kobe>>> Mason
Artest/ Jefferson (too close to call) I really have to see how Jefferson adapts. He should be a consistent 17-21   ppg guy.
Fisher<<<Parker
Gasol<Duncan
Bynum<McDyess (McDyess is a proven complimentary big man, but Bynum might surpass McDyess throughout the year
Odom<Ginobli (this is made closer then normal due to Ginobli's injuries. If he's healthy, he's an all-star player if the team started him.)

Whatever...
Lakers with Odom > Spurs (& every other fucking team in the League)
Lakers without Odom = everything can happen cause Cavs, Magic, Celtics, Lakers, Spurs & Nuggets will all be on the same level, basically.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #159 on: July 25, 2009, 05:29:06 PM »

C'mon man, you really think Kobe is the problem? If he's going to the Heat it's because he wants less pressure and he wants to enjoy staying Florida playing in the East, where it's easier for him to reach the All-Star and where he can basically play point guard. It has nothing to do with Kobe.

« Reply #160 on: July 25, 2009, 05:32:28 PM »
Duncan is better than Gasol (even tho Pau proved he can be "that" good too, expecially since he's younger and with probably an higher basketball IQ and much room to improve). But what's the point comparing him to Parker, Ginobili or Jefferson? LOL. You guys are hylarious. I said it: if we keep Odom we're even better than last year, so we are the team to beat. Period.

Oh, on a side note..

KOBE > GINOBILI
ARTEST > JEFFERSON
FISHER < PARKER
ODOM > McDYESS

It's really not arguable.

First off, Gasol has proven he can be better then the best power forward of all time? LOL. So PAU= a top 10 player all time in the NBA?? Are you fuckin kidding me??

So.. which part of "Duncan is better than Gasol" did you miss? I wrote that Pau proved he can be "that" good (meaning on Duncan's level). And i'm obviously not comparing their careers. I'm talking about last season: Pau was as good as Duncan.

He had a worse year then Duncan last year and that was with Duncan having a down year with the injuries.  And higher basketball IQ?!? LOL!!!!  Duncan is arguably the best fundamental basketball player of all time. His basketball IQ along with his skills are what make him one of the best ever. Not his athletisism.  I hate to put a ceiling on someone, but cmon man. You know damn well Gasol will NEVER reach that level.  Greatness is typically evident from the beginning.

First of all having good basketball IQ and having great fundamentals are two different things. That said, Gasol has better fundamentals too. That doesn't make him better than Duncan, tho. Luke Walton has better basketball IQ and fundamentals than LeBron James, is he better than him? No. Duncan is better than Gasol, like i said, and he's a winner, a true leader, a wonderful player, a player who doesn't have up and downs like Gasol. But Gasol can be as good as him at this moment of their careers, and his basketball IQ helped him learning triangle so damn fast, adapting to the NBA style so quickly, and it will probably lead him to be a Duncan-type of player in the next years.

I said from day one you guys were the team to beat.  NIK is the one who likes to make outrageous claims (and u know it) about the Lakers being head and shoulders above everyone lol. IF you guys get Odom back, i think you are better then last year. IF you dont, you are worse.

LOL we do agree then.

We unarguable improved and if we stay healthy should be right with the Lakers all year.

You will.

As for your comparisons lol  For one, Ginobli is a bench player and > ANYone on LA's bench.

Kobe>>> Mason
Artest/ Jefferson (too close to call) I really have to see how Jefferson adapts. He should be a consistent 17-21   ppg guy.
Fisher<<<Parker
Gasol<Duncan
Bynum<McDyess (McDyess is a proven complimentary big man, but Bynum might surpass McDyess throughout the year
Odom<Ginobli (this is made closer then normal due to Ginobli's injuries. If he's healthy, he's an all-star player if the team started him.)

Whatever...
Lakers with Odom > Spurs (& every other fucking team in the League)
Lakers without Odom = everything can happen cause Cavs, Magic, Celtics, Lakers, Spurs & Nuggets will all be on the same level, basically.

Sorry man. I kind of stopped following you when you said Gasol is better fundamentally then Duncan.  Duncan is arguably the bed fundamental player of all time, at least as a big.  Gasol has a good year last year, no doubt.  Statiscally though he was still not as good as Duncan and thats with Duncan playing less minutes per game, missing some games due to injury, and not getting the easy lay ins that Gasol will get due to Kobe drawing so much attention from the defense.

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #161 on: July 25, 2009, 05:37:08 PM »
^ You have never seen a 15 years old Gasol playing basketball.

Watch this and holla back when you see something similiar done by your man.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/ggrGJFH8xjY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/ggrGJFH8xjY</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/7LYOWjzeq6U" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/7LYOWjzeq6U</a>

And tell me when Duncan managed himself to play that good with another guard/point guard, reading the situations this way, adapting his game to fix this way to an hard system to understand like the triangle, etc..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/cZSqXZ8D4ns" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/cZSqXZ8D4ns</a>

You are talking about jumpshots and rebounds only, lol. I'm talking about REAL basketball IQ and REAL fundamentals.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/rLW11MK3c18" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/rLW11MK3c18</a>
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 05:52:37 PM by Antonio »

« Reply #162 on: July 25, 2009, 07:04:07 PM »
^ You have never seen a 15 years old Gasol playing basketball.

Watch this and holla back when you see something similiar done by your man.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/ggrGJFH8xjY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/ggrGJFH8xjY</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/7LYOWjzeq6U" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/7LYOWjzeq6U</a>

And tell me when Duncan managed himself to play that good with another guard/point guard, reading the situations this way, adapting his game to fix this way to an hard system to understand like the triangle, etc..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/cZSqXZ8D4ns" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/cZSqXZ8D4ns</a>

You are talking about jumpshots and rebounds only, lol. I'm talking about REAL basketball IQ and REAL fundamentals.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/rLW11MK3c18" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/rLW11MK3c18</a>

i cant see those when Im at work.  Him playing in the triangle means shit. So did Luc Longley and so would make other bigmen if thats the system their team ran.  Duncans nickname is the "Big Fundamental" for a reason. He didnt give HIMself the name lol.  If you think Duncan wouldnt thrive in the triangle as much if not more then any other big man then i dont know what to say to u lol

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #163 on: July 25, 2009, 07:56:18 PM »

LOL @ haters like you thinking this has anything to do with Kobe. If Odom really wanted to leave, why didn't he already? Why is he still trying to negotiate with the Lakers? This ain't about Kobe, Florida, or playing in the East. This is about contracts.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #164 on: July 25, 2009, 07:59:17 PM »
thats what im sayin if odom wanted out cuz of kobe wouldnt he try his best to get out and maybe even take a loss, but why would he want to take a loss when some would say kobe or nah fuck that cuz of kobe is why now odom has a ring period lol
Cube