Author Topic: Lakers Withdraw Offer To Odom  (Read 18230 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: Lakers Withdraw Offer To Odom
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2009, 11:08:36 AM »
Be serious. They can't stand Kobe, it's the only explanation.

LMAO, you sound like a dipshit.....who woulda thought that idiots would still be on this bs after we won a ring under Kobe? :-X

Who in his right mind would consider Texas for less or equal salary when he can stay on the best team in basketball and the biggest market in the western world? 1 man you can call insane, 2? Not so much. There's got to be a reason. Admit it.
In Ariza's situatiom, it was his agent that screwed him over. He tried to squeeze money out of the Lakers and instead the Lakers went to Artest. Ariza was stuck and went to the Rockets. Odom has said many times he wants to stay with the Lakers. You of all people know that the NBA is all about the $$$ The business end of things are causing this situation, not the Lakers not liking Kobe/each other.

Didn't the Lakers offer just as much money to Ariza as the Rockets did? Didn't the Lakers offer more money to Odom than any team in the world does? How much sense does it make to leave because of $?

Players always say they like their team. What else are they supposed to do unless they choose to be complete cancers.

Hey Nik, why is Odom leaving for a lesser contract if not because of team chemistry? The pollution in LA?
Get the facts straight:
a) Ariza wanted more then the mid level exception (MLE) the Lakers were offering him
b) Lakers were unwilling to give Ariza more money, so they used the MLE to sign Artest
c) Ariza couldn't get a higher offer from another team so he went to the Rockets

It was the Lakers who rejected Ariza, not the other way around.

As for Odom, he's just holding out for more money. He knows the Lakers are the only ones who can pay him the big money. He also knows his only leverage is that he is a key piece to another championship. If he leaves for less money, then you have an arguement, but he hasn't gone anywhere yet.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2009, 11:15:28 AM »
^ LOL still convinced Lamar is fools gold?

0 all-star appearances is pretty solid evidence....

So you're only a good player if you win the popularity contest?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2009, 11:19:30 AM »

LMAO, you sound like a dipshit.....who woulda thought that idiots would still be on this bs after we won a ring under Kobe? :-X

Who in his right mind would consider Texas for less or equal salary when he can stay on the best team in basketball and the biggest market in the western world? 1 man you can call insane, 2? Not so much. There's got to be a reason. Admit it.
In Ariza's situatiom, it was his agent that screwed him over. He tried to squeeze money out of the Lakers and instead the Lakers went to Artest. Ariza was stuck and went to the Rockets. Odom has said many times he wants to stay with the Lakers. You of all people know that the NBA is all about the $$$ The business end of things are causing this situation, not the Lakers not liking Kobe/each other.

Didn't the Lakers offer just as much money to Ariza as the Rockets did? Didn't the Lakers offer more money to Odom than any team in the world does? How much sense does it make to leave because of $?

Players always say they like their team. What else are they supposed to do unless they choose to be complete cancers.

Hey Nik, why is Odom leaving for a lesser contract if not because of team chemistry? The pollution in LA?

you're bein an idiot, dude...straight up. Ariza got 2 more years from Houston than we offered...we signed Artest with the money we were gunna use on Ariza because Ariza's agent was being a bitch and demanded more than we offered. He thought his value was higher. LMAO@thinkin we had team chemistry issues and thats why players (who have already stated theyd much prefer to stay in LA) aren't getting signed....use common sense, man. Odom is seeking a $50 mill contract, which we dont wanna offer. thats what going on with that, and any idiot who thinks players dont wanna play for this world champion laker team needs to get slapped.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2009, 11:21:51 AM »
^ LOL still convinced Lamar is fools gold?

0 all-star appearances is pretty solid evidence....

So you're only a good player if you win the popularity contest?

Byron Scott was also a slouch

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2009, 11:26:48 AM »

you're bein an idiot, dude...straight up. Ariza got 2 more years from Houston than we offered...we signed Artest with the money we were gunna use on Ariza because Ariza's agent was being a bitch and demanded more than we offered. He thought his value was higher. LMAO@thinkin we had team chemistry issues and thats why players (who have already stated theyd much prefer to stay in LA) aren't getting signed....use common sense, man. Odom is seeking a $50 mill contract, which we dont wanna offer. thats what going on with that, and any idiot who thinks players dont wanna play for this world champion laker team needs to get slapped.

Odom has no business seeking a $50m contract cause nobody will give one to him. Nobody is offering him as much as the Lakers do. So what's the deal with that? Why the bitchery if he really prefers to stay in LA and they offer him by far the most money?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2009, 11:31:35 AM »

Odom has no business seeking a $50m contract cause nobody will give one to him. Nobody is offering him as much as the Lakers do. So what's the deal with that? Why the bitchery if he really prefers to stay in LA and they offer him by far the most money?
Because this will more then likely be Odom's last big contract. He'll be in his mid 30s when his contract expires and he'll see no where near as much money after that.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2009, 11:44:46 AM »
LMAO@ignorant ass 7even not understanding the concept of using leverage

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2009, 11:55:21 AM »
What kind of leverage is it to say that the Lakers are your favorite team while they know that they offer more money than any other team? What kind of leverage is that?

"Yo Lakers, I love this team and the city, would love to be a Laker for life, but the Heat are offering me about 70% of what you offer me, so you better offer me even more or I will go to them even though they pay less and I like them less. I GOT MAD LEVERAGE, PAY UP!"
No, it's not a sin

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2009, 12:01:05 PM »
^^
As for Odom, he's just holding out for more money. He knows the Lakers are the only ones who can pay him the big money. He also knows his only leverage is that he is a key piece to another championship.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2009, 12:02:56 PM »
on espn they said if LO leaves the lakers might end up gettin either Drew Gooden or Joe Smith

neither really replaces what Odom could do, despite his inconsistency.  But either would be decent pickups coming off the bench.  I think the Lakers big problem will be that Odom could create his own shot with the second unit.  Who will be that guy now?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

wcsoldier

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2009, 12:35:09 PM »
I'd say that both parties have little leverage in these negotiations .. others teams  are either over the cap , just can offer the MLE to Lamar or the very few teams which have lots of cash to spend  are not willing to give him what he wants ..

On the other hand , it would hurt us to lose LO versatility and we wouldn't be able to replace him . ( well , the only way we can get some very good players back would be a sign and trade which remains very unlikely).
A team which has just won a championship has no interest to lose its 2 main role players , there is a thing called "team chemistry" ...

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2009, 01:47:47 PM »
I'd say that both parties have little leverage in these negotiations .. others teams  are either over the cap , just can offer the MLE to Lamar or the very few teams which have lots of cash to spend  are not willing to give him what he wants ..

Yes, but the offers from Miami and Dallas...even though they are less per year, are in states where there is no state tax. Making his take home amount relatively close. Plus, he might have the option of a 4 or 5 yr deal which will TOTAL out in more money then the 3 year deal offered by the Lakers. That could be attractive, because although the Laker offer is 9 million per year for 3...making 36 million for 5 could net him more money in the long run. Say he signs with LA, and after 3 years his value around the league is only 3 or 4 million when he becomes a FA.  He would make anywhere from 1 to 3 million more total (at least) on the 5 yr deal. Job security  ;)
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Antonio

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R.I.P. Nate
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2009, 01:10:07 AM »
Lakers are fucked up.

OchoCinco

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2009, 01:20:49 AM »
sevn, you are from europe right?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2009, 02:15:28 AM »
sevn, you are from europe right?

Yes, so are wcsoldier and Antonio, my niggas. Btw, Utah matched Millsap's offer sheet, so the Blazers got mad $crilla again - which they can give to Odom.
No, it's not a sin