Author Topic: Lakers Withdraw Offer To Odom  (Read 18218 times)

Man On The Moon

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'll Be Posted With My Blunt and A Brew...
Re: Lakers Withdraw Offer To Odom
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2009, 09:40:08 AM »
this forum is filled with idiots.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2009, 10:21:08 AM »
Report: Lamar Odom impasse with Lakers all about a guaranteed fourth year
July 19, 8:01 AM

The negotiations between the Los Angeles Lakers and Lamar Odom have been the subject of much speculation resulting in conflicting accounts of what had been offered and left on the table by the parties.

In Sunday's Los Angeles Times, Lakers beat writer Broderick Turner writes without the usual qualifiers about "sources". He flat out says:

"Essentially, the Lakers offered Odom a guaranteed contract worth $30 million, depending on the length of the deal. Odom prefers a five-year deal but appeared willing to accept the Lakers' offer if they had guaranteed all four years. The Lakers' offer before it was removed was for four years at $9 million a season. But only three years of the deal were guaranteed. The Lakers held the option for the fourth season and had guaranteed Odom $3 million if they decided to buy him out. The Lakers also offered Odom a three-year deal that would have paid him $10 million a season. Either way, at least in the Lakers' eyes, Odom would have been paid at least $30 million with the opportunity to earn more."

And that my friends is what this impasse seems to come down to : a guarantee of employment for a fourth year. Apparently Lamar Odom is nervous about being out on the market in three years, $30 million richer and looking for work. He must be concerned about his inability to get a new deal at the high end of the pay scale when he's almost 33 years old.

We can all have opinions about why he should or shouldn't be silly about all this. But for him to allow the Lakers to have the upper hand at this point and not know if he can get management back to the table with the same two offers to choose from is just plain foolish. Especially after the apparent reluctance of the other teams to put something concrete in front of him that he likes better.

But on a lighter note, Ron Artest is looking to add to his responsibilities as the newest Laker. The New York Daily News caught up with him In New York to play with his boys at home in Queens, Artest said he reached out to his old friend and will again if he can play peace-maker between the team and Odom.

Hey, if he pulls it off we in media can no longer say that he is nothing but a potential disruptive influence.

http://www.examiner.com/x-426-Sports-Examiner~y2009m7d19-Report-Odom-impasse-with-Lakers-all-over-a-guaranteed-fourth-year

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2009, 11:01:33 AM »
And that my friends is what this impasse seems to come down to : a guarantee of employment for a fourth year. Apparently Lamar Odom is nervous about being out on the market in three years, $30 million richer and looking for work. He must be concerned about his inability to get a new deal at the high end of the pay scale when he's almost 33 years old.

this is exactly what I said.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

wcsoldier

« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2009, 11:07:41 AM »

LOL

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2009, 11:19:47 AM »
^poor nigga gon' get his kids starved in 3 years when his contract is up

buss is inhuman
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

thisoneguy360

« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2009, 12:26:47 PM »
hey 360, if Lamar Odom is so good, where are his all-star appearances??   ???

i mean you'd think if he was such an amazing player he'd get atleast ONE right?

don't give me anything about double doubles or versatility - because he's the most inconsistant motherfucker ever...THE JD DREW OF THE NBA LMAO

That's like saying people are stupid for saying Kobe is the best just because he didn't have an MVP before 07. Yeah he can be inconsistent but if you really cant' see how important he is to the Lakers there's no point in arguing with you lol.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2009, 01:18:08 PM »
lol
damn what rankin is odom on the roster of the lakers as far as salary goes?

^poor nigga gon' get his kids starved in 3 years when his contract is up

buss is inhuman
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2009, 01:55:05 PM »
hey 360, if Lamar Odom is so good, where are his all-star appearances??   ???

i mean you'd think if he was such an amazing player he'd get atleast ONE right?

don't give me anything about double doubles or versatility - because he's the most inconsistant motherfucker ever...THE JD DREW OF THE NBA LMAO

Odom was snubbed from the all-star game in 2004

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2009, 01:57:10 PM »
but i mean you cant say that cuz some of the "best" players dont make the all star team, that dont mean their wack
at the same time some of the wack or not as good players make it
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2009, 01:59:16 PM »
on the subject of it nik
why did ariza leave?  (in your opinion?)

Personally i don't care. I care about the team. And we replaced him with Artest, so it's all good.

The nighmare is replacing Odom with Gooden or Joe Smith!!

those are solid players. But they arent the offense threat coming off the bench that Odom CAN be when he shows up.

Think about your bench, who is gonna be the playmaker?  Sasha? Luke? Farmar? lol. Scary shit...

1) Honesly our offense is the last thing i'm worried about. Odom ain't valuable for that. Our problem is the opposite. It's that Bynum can't defend, and Bynum+Gasol means Bynum is out after 5 minutes with 2-3 fouls, and we need a defensive stopper inside. Odom fills that role perfectly. Every fucking night. Then sometimes he plays well in offense, someday he doesn't. But that's the last thing i'd ask him to do. He's a Robert Horry type of player. He was a key player not because of his points per game, but because of his defense next to Shaq. Solid role players lead you to the win, remember that.

2) Shannon Brown can be a good backup PG.

Bynum is a great defender when he's healthy and bringing his A-game....please dont forget that, LOL. before he got injured (BOTH times), the main reason we were using him was as a defensive anchor in the post.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2009, 02:00:23 PM »
but i mean you cant say that cuz some of the "best" players dont make the all star team, that dont mean their wack

exactly...whether he made it or not (which he should've), Odom has been an all-star caliber player throughout his career. easily one of the best players ever to never make an all-star squad.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2009, 02:01:37 PM »
how much would the lakers be hurt if odom leaves?

I put them in the 4th place in the NBA rankings without Odom.

LOL...wow!

Kobe-Gasol-Artest....the best 3-man combo in the NBA=4th best team? ahahahaha. u dont think you're being over-critical?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2009, 02:02:43 PM »
i say they're still 2nd to the spurs w or wo
I'm not NIK, man. I don't react to those nonsense.

u might not react to nonsense, but u sure speak a lot of it...LOL! 4th best? come on, now, tony...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2009, 02:03:07 PM »
IMO hes dope but hes not great, but dependin on who made it instead, he should have made it maybe
seems like he gets tired quik lol
but nah i mean who made it instead of him

exactly...whether he made it or not (which he should've), Odom has been an all-star caliber player throughout his career. easily one of the best players ever to never make an all-star squad.
Cube

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2009, 02:05:39 PM »
Last point , some of you are speculating why the hell he will go to another team for less money and less chances to win it all ... well just my opinion but LO has already been a lazy type of player , not a hard worker and got a "soft , very laid back" type of mentality .... now that he won a ship , why not going to a team with less expectations so he can play without too much pressure and relax on Miami beaches instead of being part of a team which is on the spotlight every game and which is expected/under pressure to win several titles ....

I agree, besides he doesn't have to put up with Kobe's antics and his phony laughs.

Do you think he'll end up leaving?

Artest+Kobe+Odom=all good friends, smart German

you're the only one who STILL doesnt get this. LOL