Author Topic: New Deathrow\Wideawake CEO: Lara Lavi Interview  (Read 2208 times)

Idan

• Lil Geezy
New Deathrow\Wideawake CEO: Lara Lavi Interview
« on: July 18, 2009, 12:13:19 PM »

Recently wrapped up interview with Death Row - Wideawake CEO Lara Lavi which was recorded on July 7th 2009
We Decided to Release this early since other forums are trying to set up interviews with the same questions I already asked. The Interview is 1 Hour Long. A Follow Up interview is planned for after the release of The Chronic Re lite Edition. I had to save some questions for the next interview, but if you know of any that wasnt covered then feel free to pm me about it.

This Interview Includes the following Topics:

* Lara Lav's Personal and Career Life * How She became Interested in Rap Music
* The Positives and Negatives of Purchasing Death Row * The Chronic Relite Release Date & Marketing
* Piracy - Bootlegging * Evolution of Rap & Hip Hop Music since the 90's
* Future Video Releases * Unreleased Video Footage * Creating New Videos * Christmas Box Set
* The Release of Video Digipacks * Possible Tribute albums * Rights Of Original Producers
* Will There Be Any Remixes? * The 2Pac 1997 Court Document and the 13 Tracks * 2Pac DVD
* 2Pac Acapellas & Instrumentals * 2Pac Album Release Date * 2Pac Album Promotion
* Editing 2Pac's Vocals * Unleaked 2Pac songs Vs. Leaked Unreleased 2Pac songs
* Watch Your Mouth Dre Diss * Snoop Dogg's Unreleased Material * Crooked I Projects
*MC Hammer  * Tha Realest - 2Pac Biters *Signing New Artist / Former Death Row Artist
*California Love Solo Version & The Masters to the Song
*Johnny J : All Eyez On Us - Cancellation & The quality and aspects of the Album.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 12:15:28 PM by Idan »

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
Re: New Deathrow\Wideawake CEO: Lara Lavi Interview
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 12:46:44 PM »
props!  ;D
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

Jaydc555

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 01:02:22 PM »
Write it up or it didn't happen.I tried listening to it but I was so annoyed by the music in the background

Idan

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »
^^ I can't be bothered to type 60 mins of audio man. U can skip it if u want.

Okka

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 01:16:54 PM »
Yeah, somebody tell us what she said about releasin' stuff, you can always talk about rare song you can't release but i wanna know what are their plans.

woof

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 01:17:21 PM »
well DUBCNN type the text for interview whether its 30min or 1 hour

im not hating but sometime you hear more the background music than what she saying

i even heard "yeah nigguhh" few times while she was talking lol

Jaydc555

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 01:19:02 PM »
Yeah that shit was way too amateur.I couldn't get past 3 minutes

JohnnyL

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 01:27:26 PM »
I think this is the same one I heard a couple weeks back.  If so, I do remember her stating that "The Chronic: Re-Lit" album was still set for September 1st.  I also remember her once again stating that their Pac album would be 13 tracks.  And that she still intended to release a "pure" 2pac record (no heavy re-mixing).  She did say that she wasn't sure if the tracks at their disposal would all be fully unheard tracks or just officially unreleased tracks.  It was a pretty long interview, but those were a couple of the main points I remember that were covered.

Zeus

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 01:28:27 PM »
dope interview, only complaint is way too much time spent on tupac material, she doesnt seem to know the songs so it was just a waste, but thanks for getting the interview.Her thoughts on tha realest were interesting.
Best west coast board on the net, sign up

http://WWW.BASEMENT24.PROBOARDS.COM/

Jimmy H.

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 01:28:53 PM »
I've only watched the first couple parts of the video but she says "Chronic Relit" will have 7 bonus songs on a second disc (DVD) but most of them are "limited release" songs. She mentions one with Dogg Pound + Rage and others, which leads me to believe that it will be mostly the stuff from the Death Row compilations like "187UM" and "Sippin' on Tanqueary and Puffin' On Blunts". She said the DVD will have alternate release videos of some of the songs and a few never seen interviews with Dre.

One thing that was positive was she said she was a big fan of Crooked I in paricular and that they were having lots of communication with him in regards to how his project is handled.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 05:19:21 PM »
dope interview, only complaint is way too much time spent on tupac material, she doesnt seem to know the songs so it was just a waste, but thanks for getting the interview.Her thoughts on tha realest were interesting.

Really? What was said? Also, can someone tell me what was basically said about these subjects?

*Johnny J : All Eyez On Us - Cancellation & The quality and aspects of the Album.

Jaydc555

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 05:23:58 PM »
If someone types this up hack Wilson will suck your dick.He said its not gay if your high

JohnnyL

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 06:04:04 PM »

Really? What was said? Also, can someone tell me what was basically said about these subjects?

*She acknowledged that the "California Love" solo version existed and that they would probably release it eventually.

*She said that the 2pac and Johnny J album was a remix album and that it did feature Pac (not just a tribute album without Pac tracks).  Unfortunately, she said there were certain legalities which had caused it to be delayed (I'm assuming 2pac's appearance on the album is what she meant when she referred to "legalities").  She also mentioned that she had heard the "All Eyez on Us" album and she really liked it and hoped the legalities would eventually be sorted out so it could be released.

From memory, that's the best I can do.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 06:07:06 PM »

*She acknowledged that the "California Love" solo version existed and that they would probably release it eventually.

*She said that the 2pac and Johnny J album was a remix album and that it did feature Pac (not just a tribute album without Pac tracks).  Unfortunately, she said there were certain legalities which had caused it to be delayed (I'm assuming 2pac's appearance on the album is what she meant when she referred to "legalities").  She also mentioned that she had heard the "All Eyez on Us" album and she really liked it and hoped the legalities would eventually be sorted out so it could be released.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. :) +1

JohnnyL

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 06:12:50 PM »

Thanks man, I appreciate it. :) +1

No problem.  All in all, it was a pretty good interview.  But there were times where it seemed to drag, or where Laura Lavi's answers were almost drowned out by the music playing in the background.  Also, it sounded like at one point in the interview Laura Lavi dropped the tentative album title for their upcoming Pac album, and the 2pac Nation people intentionally drowned out the name by placing a sound byte of Pac yelling directly over that part of Laura Lavi's answer.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I swear that's what it sounded like.