Author Topic: Why America Is A Great Country  (Read 2258 times)

RAPQUAKE

Re:Why America Is A Great Country
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2002, 11:33:58 AM »
^^ AMOTIVATION SYNDROME right there LOL peace

RAPQUAKE

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2002, 11:34:47 AM »
man I wish I was in the UK so I could walk down my street smoking a joint like I could do in India

Trauma-san

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2002, 12:27:42 PM »
LOL @ Rapquake, you're exactly right, LOL.  I hope everybody saw that, lol Rapquake just properly diagnosed a pothead, HAHAHAHHAA

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2002, 01:45:44 PM »
no i am not a pothead its just that i think there are a lot of things that make America not great, and to write it all up would take me ages. And my friend just phoned me up to go for a smoke. I used to be a pothead though and it ain't no joke, it really fucked up my life for a bit. But now i got it under control, in part thanks to America (when i went over there i just went cold turkey so i managed to clear my head up). Being a pothead is as bad as an alcoholic.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2002, 04:46:14 AM »
"Let's be honest, there is alot of jealously towards the US."

What exactly are we jealous of? I'm finding it hard to think of anything...

Obesity in 1 in 4 children???.......not so jealous about that...

Able to buy guns easier than beer .... i'd rather be a drunk that riddled with bullets

Government putting corporations before people ... unless your rich, thats nothing to be jealous of

Freedom of Speech .... Did that american fighting for the taliban get arrested for fighting against the american government?

Democracy ... you've got it, but then again so do most western countrys..nothing to be jealous of

Wealth...no safety net for the poor as compared to other countrys where a decent social welfare system is in place.

Safety....i'd rather be in this former war torn country, where we're neutral and dont carry guns

If anything the only thing I'd be jealous of is the POWER to CHANGE the world for the better, the ability to help third world countrys and help save the environment.
Unfortunately that doesnt sit in your table of values, unless there is some kind of reward for yourself...dare i mention the "o" word........
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2002, 08:16:18 AM »
^ another great post to counter act that ridicolous "we are jealous of u" statement
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Seer

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2002, 08:39:06 AM »
man I wish I was in the UK so I could walk down my street smoking a joint like I could do in India

u can't get away with that shit there?

RAPQUAKE

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2002, 11:31:39 AM »
FUCK NO, we gotta keep our marijuana consumptionrelatively discreet, cuz if cops see u or even smell u ur done for...usa has gay ass fuckin ganja policies..well i guess thats one reason America is not a great country, lol

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2002, 09:48:33 PM »
Oh please, we help those fuckin' pethodic third world countries out and ask for nothing in return--no praise, no money, no recognition, no shit!  I have a suggestion:  If America is so bad, you know what I'd do?  Stop listen to music that comes from America!  Ha, put that in your pipe and smoke it!

closetothalimit

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2002, 10:13:29 PM »
Oh please, we help those fuckin' pethodic third world countries out and ask for nothing in return--no praise, no money, no recognition, no shit!  I have a suggestion:  If America is so bad, you know what I'd do?  Stop listen to music that comes from America!  Ha, put that in your pipe and smoke it!

that makes no sense - no one on here is attacking american people, just america and it's government and their world policies.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2002, 10:28:53 PM »
No one is attacking American PEOPLE...just AMERICA?  Hmmm...yeah, that makes sense.

closetothalimit

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2002, 10:43:10 PM »
im against america the state - see u can attack the state of america without attacking americans. the state of america means the government and the policies they have. general americans dont write government's policies? half of y'all dont even vote. i got nothing against the individual people - for example you can hate a genre of music without actually hating the people that play it.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2002, 12:29:56 AM »
I think some of you bring up good points about our faults, but many are misguided.

Im not going to preach like i know all, but if you were to be more educated on a few topics you may think differently.

Before going any further lets explain this.

The American government's responsibility is first to the welfare of its own people.  When considering such things you have to take aggregate statistics into mind.  For the common person, individual relatoinships are important, actually for all people individual relationships are important.  However, when running a country much like when running a company you have to try to do what is best for the whole.  

Many criticize america for not having benefit packages for the poor population.  Employment insurance programs are proven to raise the rate of unemployment.  This is one reason america is hesitant to strongly support such programs.  Raised unemployment has a number of economic reprocussions. Most obvious is that those on unemployment are in effect an unused resource.  This means a source of economic ineffciency is unused.  Secondly, if we want to create benefit programs then we have to either 1) divert a higher portion current government funds towards these programs 2) raise taxes on the whole population 3) raise taxes on the rich and on corporations.  All of these have negative reprocussions and slow economic growth.  In fact, it is understood that even the relatively small amount of employment insurance we provide negetively impacts the economic in the long run.

Because the US economy is capitalistic and encourages economic growth and strives to maximize it we enjoy a number of benefits other countries do not.  AMERICAN's enjoy THE HIGHEST standard of living in the world on average.  In fact a poor american has a higher standard of living than the average person in some other coutnries enjoys.  

Politics is a difficult task.  Consider how hard it is to run a company of 100 people.  There are constant in company problems.  

People get upset at their bosses.  (The President)

There are intercompany relationships... different employees favor different managers and vice versa.  (Politicans... different parts of the population have allegiance to different political groups)

There are 100 unique personalities that all are pleased in different ways.  (same in the country.  Consider what would make C Walker proud of america, and what it would take to make infinite or prince tech proud of america.. yet who should we please.. if you please one u upset the other)

Different policies have to be set, and revised.  (same in the country just on a larger level)

How can the company create an enjoyable work environment for all employees and still remain profitable?(how can the government please its people and maintain the US position as the worlds strongest economy)

Whats going on with the competition?  (whats going on in the rest of the world?)

How can we keep our costs low and not pollute the environment? (how can we avoid creating environmental disasters without sacrificing jobs, or overall economic performance)

and so on...

so consider this.. for those of you so bent on criticizing the country or any country for that matter.  think of yourself as president of a small business 50 to 100 people.  Pick one in your town even, go visit it perhaps.  Could you walk in today and run that company? Make every employee happy? Be profitable so you can continue to grow?  Constantly ward off competition?  Run your factories (if you have them) such that a minimum amount of pollutions is produced, and no natural resources are wasted?  Create a positive reputation for yourself in the community?  Motivate a workforce of 50 people all with seperate beliefs, and agendas to work for the good of the company AND society (since just like we expect the government to improve society on an international basis your company should have to improve society on a community basis without upsetting any one party)?  and so on...

in conclusion i again say... hold off on the harsh criticisms unless you're really invovled and have a comprehensive knowledge of what is going on.  Running a country is not an easy thing to do becuz no matter what ur actions some people will like them and some won't... how do determine who you should work for?  

if the american government has to make a choice who should it please.. its loyal citizens that take pride in the country.. or people that live in foreign countries, and people in the US that do nothing but slander us... why would it pick the latter?

be real... who are you gonna help more ur friend that has always supported you through think and thin.... or the guy that calls u a fuck up every step of the way?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2002, 12:33:05 AM by Ant »

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2002, 01:02:24 AM »
In fact a poor american has a higher standard of living than the average person in some other coutnries enjoys.  

thats bullshit.. and you know that... a poor american is really POOOOOR with no roof over the head... thats not the case with many european countries

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2002, 01:29:00 AM »
In fact a poor american has a higher standard of living than the average person in some other coutnries enjoys.  

thats bullshit.. and you know that... a poor american is really POOOOOR with no roof over the head... thats not the case with many european countries

If you read that statement it is correct you missed a few important words... i wrote "In fact, a POOR american has a higher standard of living than the AVERAGE person in SOME (notice i did not say european countries, also notice you said "many" and not all)  other countries enjoys"

This statement is correct.  

A poor american does not have no roof over their head.  What you are referring to is homelessness which exists in ALL countries  There are homeless shelters for these people.  A person that is poor in america still recieves benefits from subsidized housing otherwise known as the projects or rent controlled living. They also receive welfare.

The average standard of living in all other countries is lower than the average standard of living of living in the US.

Many european countries have decent standard of living certainly higher than the "poor" population in the US, but in many countries outside europe specifically in 3rd world countries the average person's standard of living is actualy below that of a poor american.  

« Last Edit: October 31, 2002, 01:29:59 AM by Ant »