Author Topic: NWA(niggaz without albums)  (Read 825 times)

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
Re: NWA(niggaz without albums)
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 01:46:10 AM »
there's still hope for those guys tho, cause when you think about it, cormega and jay-z stayed without albums for about 10-11 years

(papoose and crooked already have 11 years behind them tho lol, and I I'm not mistaken ali vegas does too)

speaking of cormega, doesn anybody know if the rumours that he had completed and album with Marley Marl in the early 90s that stayed unrleasead were true?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

ikke

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2009, 09:10:46 AM »
how so lol
kutt calhoun released two albums
skatt and snug brim released two albums
grave plot released 1
prozak released 1
project deadman released 1

all under strange muzik, not includin all/most members bein on most of techs albums

everybody on strange music exept tech and krizz then
oh lol didn't know that ::)

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2009, 09:42:31 AM »
Eastwood.sly boogy.uncle murda.spliff starr.jae millz.kartoon.

Sly Boogy has one album under his belt.

Jaydc555

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2009, 12:40:40 PM »
What album?

Brown Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I type with my dick so forgive me for the typos
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 03:06:56 PM »
What would you rather be....One of those rappers w/o a album or a street sweeper for the city? career wise

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 04:20:59 PM »
i am pretty upset Papoose hasn't dropped yet.

about 3 years ago he had me believing that he was going to put that INSANE work in & be regarded as one of the greats.

but he has just disappointed & disappeared. :-X :-\

ikke

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 04:23:22 PM »

about 3 years ago he had me believing that he was going to put that INSANE work in & be regarded as one of the greats.

What happend to that deal he had with Jive I believe

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 04:29:50 PM »

didn't he get dropped?

i don't know, i stopped paying attention, the last insane dope track he made was that diss to Fat Joe where he just killed him; but then after that he just disappeared. :(

he'll never make it as an artist, just a mixtape rapper & maybe not even that. :-X

Jaydc555

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 04:34:31 PM »
After he appeared on the turn it up remix I thought it was a wrap and he was the next big thing from new York.

ikke

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 04:39:22 PM »

didn't he get dropped?

i don't know, i stopped paying attention, the last insane dope track he made was that diss to Fat Joe where he just killed him; but then after that he just disappeared. :(

he'll never make it as an artist, just a mixtape rapper & maybe not even that. :-X

Just found something on it:
On August 24, 2006, his official website announced that he had signed with Jive Records in a deal worth $1.5 million.[1] An album to be called The Nacirema Dream ("American" spelled backwards) was planned.[4] However, in September 2007, Kay Slay revealed that he and Papoose had left Jive, commenting that they had "almost [become] victims of A&R hell."[5] On 21 Gun Salute, Papoose said that he was able to keep the $1.5 million in spite of not releasing an album.

Seems he can't get a deal because he's loyal to Kay Slay

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2009, 04:44:39 PM »
After he appeared on the turn it up remix I thought it was a wrap and he was the next big thing from new York.

do you mean the Ridin' Remix? :P

he also destroyed his verse on Busta's "Touch It Remix".

but yeah, i thought he was next in line for great things; honestly, if he was better well known & more out their, i can see him being a member of Slaughterhouse. but that's just a guess.

didn't he get dropped?

Just found something on it:
On August 24, 2006, his official website announced that he had signed with Jive Records in a deal worth $1.5 million.[1] An album to be called The Nacirema Dream ("American" spelled backwards) was planned.[4] However, in September 2007, Kay Slay revealed that he and Papoose had left Jive, commenting that they had "almost [become] victims of A&R hell."[5] On 21 Gun Salute, Papoose said that he was able to keep the $1.5 million in spite of not releasing an album.

Seems he can't get a deal because he's loyal to Kay Slay

yeah, i do remember it dealing with Kay Slay; pretty gay, i just wanted one album out of him, even a street album. :-\

Jaydc555

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2009, 04:48:41 PM »
I meant touch it remix with busta.All I heard in my head was the line from the song "turn it up!" ha Ga

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2009, 04:52:15 PM »
I meant touch it remix with busta.All I heard in my head was the line from the song "turn it up!" ha Ga

:laugh:

yeah, i loved his verse from Touch It.

anyone know what is the latest work he's put in? anything drop within the last month or anything?

Jaydc555

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2009, 04:57:17 PM »
I was just reading about him on www.worldwideconnected.com of him dissing fat Joe on stage again

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2009, 05:03:54 PM »
Papoose definately is one of the main ones, when the Touch It Remix dropped with him spittin that sick verse, i was going fucking nuts, all i basically did was bump Papoose mixtapes pretty much 24/7, then he released that TERRIBLE single with Snoop and ever since then hes become totally irelevant, i can't believe how much he's fallien off, he hasnt released an above average song in fuckin ages, 'The Nacirema Dream' will NEVER drop

Saigon is another but i have faith altho the fact that hes still apparently signed to Atlantic is depressing

Crooked I pretty much tops the list but he's busy with alot of projects and has got alot of attention atm so who knows ???

Serius Jones
Stat Quo
Ya Boy
Jay Rock
Glasses Malone