Author Topic: Dubcnn: Exclusive Interview With DJ KHALIL - Part 2 (Slaughterhouse/SS/Clipse)  (Read 780 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

www.dubcnn.com

We're back with Part 2 of our in-depth interview with DJ Khalil! In the first part, we discussed Khalil's upbringing, his introduction to the music game and how he ended up hooking up with Chace Infinite and forming Self Scientific. We then got into his introduction to Dr. Dre, becoming a staff producer, the controversy around "Detox" and the reference tracks leaking, and much more.

In Part 2, Khalil describes a typical studio session with Dr. Dre, the creative process, and he talks (or not) about Bishop Lamont's current situation at Aftermath.

We then get into his current projects, such as the Clipse and Kanye track "Kinda Like A Big Deal" that he produced. He also tells us the story behind the new Slaughterhouse single "The One", which features Khalil's alternative group The New Royales, and he talks about upcoming Self Scientific projects.

Read or listen to Part 2 of the interview below:

Exclusive Interview With DJ Khalil (Part 2) (July '09)

Enjoy the interview and look for a lot of DJ Khalil in 2009!

Jaydc555

Every time I click on it it just takes Me back to the main page

Nima - Dubcnn.com

That's weird. Does it work when you access the interview from the front page, though?

Jaydc555

When I'm on the front page and click it just re loads the front page again.Its odd

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Hmm i just tried it and it seems to work. Can u try again and let me know? Thx bro.

OcToExtraordinaire

• Hookup Maestro
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Works fine for me.

Jaydc555

Its working fine now.Anyway good little interview.Interesting about bishop.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

So what you think of the interview Octo?

OcToExtraordinaire

• Hookup Maestro
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
So what you think of the interview Octo?
Pretty good. Nice stuff. :)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Appreciate that.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Dope part 2 nima, really dope, you and Khalil have great rapport!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

TRG

Good work Nima!

Interesting to know "The One" was for Eminem.

Looking forward to the Self Scientific album!

David Gutterman

cool stuff, thanx  8)

MediumL

dope stuff. props  8) Khalil is a beast glad you mentioned that Defari track! Dres either a fool or must have some monster shit to pass over that beat  ;D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

kuruptDPG

i cant wait for the Nas in studio footage, Game and full interview with Dr. Dre!