Author Topic: Dr. Dre, Eminem, 50 Cent sign Slim Da Mobster to G-Unit/Shady/Aftermath  (Read 923 times)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Meet Dr. Dre, Eminem And 50 Cent's New Protege: Slim Da MobsterSouth Central rookie will be featured on Dre's Detox, alongside Lil Wayne and T.I., in Mixtape Daily.
By Jayson Rodriguez, with additional reporting by Shaheem Reid and Rahman Dukes
Views 1,910 

Favorites
Comments3
Rating100%
Rate this Article

Flagged... Flag
Adult

Hate

Spam

Other
 Add to My Profile

Print
ShareThis

Fire Starter: Slim Da Mobster

We all know Dr. Dre has an ear for beats, but the West Coast superproducer also has a keen sense of recognizing upcoming lyrical talent.

Dre's The Chronic launched Snoop Dogg's career, and his second solo album, 2001, helped solidify Eminem as a serious talent to pay attention to in the game. With his third opus on the way, the good doctor has tapped South Central rookie Slim Da Mobster to contribute to Detox, alongside heavyweights like Lil Wayne and T.I.

"I'm not even focused on my album right now," Slim told us in Los Angeles. "I'm all about his album. 'Cause the better I do on that, the better it is for the situation with my album."

Da Mobster might be new on the scene, but the Los Angeles rhyme-spitter impressed Eminem so much that he pushed to have him ink a deal.

After getting the co-signs from the big homies Dre and Em, 50 Cent was the next to jump onboard behind the young rapper. Now, Slim Da Mobster is the first artist signed to all three artists, representing G-Unit/Shady/Aftermath.

To add to the repertoire, Slim is managed by industry veteran John Monopoly, who helped usher Kanye West from producer to breakthrough artist.

MTV.com

cmk1

• Lil Geezy
With his third opus on the way, the good doctor has tapped South Central rookie Slim Da Mobster to contribute to Detox, alongside heavyweights like Lil Wayne and T.I.
I Don't want Lil Wayne on detox! Damn!  :-\

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
With his third opus on the way, the good doctor has tapped South Central rookie Slim Da Mobster to contribute to Detox, alongside heavyweights like Lil Wayne and T.I.
It's fucked if this average guy get's Interscopes full support and starts to make millions. At least Bishop aint that same gangsta rap prototype.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
It's fucked if this average guy get's Interscopes full support and starts to make millions. At least Bishop aint that same gangsta rap prototype.

Mr. Iovine prefers dumbed-down gangster mc's as opposed to lyrically talented mc's with some substance.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Reading this post I'm rather concerned & worried about Lil Wayne & T.I being on Detox (if it EVER comes out) :-\

Okka

Bishop Lamont is gone? I knew somethin like that would happen.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
This will most likley push Bishop into HITTMAN status. (Sucks)  :-\

David Gutterman

Good for Slim Da Mobster! at least his back tattoo makes a little sense now.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
FYI... Slim Da Mobster is related to the D.O.C.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Basically, from my memory, Slim Da Mobsta admitted the major reason he developed any relationship with Dr.Dre was due to the D.O.C.  he came off as semi-intelligent in that interview with Dj Vlad.  I liked that he admitted he's making money and isn't on that hood shit anymore.  Time will tell if that's the truth.  It's definitely the traditional easier marketing scheme that are applied to rappers.

Looks like Bishop might be M.I.A from Aftermath/Detox whatever which is disappointing but I don't really care, he makes dope material with or without Dr.Dre - he's only had a couple dre beats.   It's not like Dre made him, definitely helped him get in touch with industry insiders and other great producers. 

It's annoying so much politiricks and bullshit involved.  I just want some dope albums and less crap.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

A1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Is slim da mobster actually any good? ive never even heard his stuff.
"Nigga lets get to this/what a ridiculous conspicuous son of a bitch you is!" - lil fame

teletomble

Is slim da mobster actually any good? ive never even heard his stuff.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ydsjw3jQiGc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ydsjw3jQiGc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/E9eU6q9hpf8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/E9eU6q9hpf8&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Matty

from what i heard, he isn't anything special. you can hear him on that 'could've been you' joint and the hook for 'topless'. kinda corny if you ask me.

what's even funnier is another artist signing to aftermath :laugh:

A1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Yeah he really doesnt seem anything special to me. Id rather hear a proper album from bishop, cashis or spider loc to be honest.
"Nigga lets get to this/what a ridiculous conspicuous son of a bitch you is!" - lil fame

MediumL

Hopefully when it says alongside TI and Lil Wayne its just referring to them ghostwriting although Wayne doesnt even write his own stuff
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>