Author Topic: Slaughterhouse tracklist  (Read 1581 times)

Lunatic

Re: Slaughterhouse tracklist
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2009, 12:53:41 PM »
Weird..

Pharoahe Monch and Novel will be the only guests featured on Slaughterhouse’s self-titled debut album.

The LP—starring group members Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz, Royce Da 5’9” and Crooked I—will feature sung hooks from Pharoahe and Novel, on two separate tracks. The M.O.P.-featured buzz single, “Woodstock (Hood Hop),” will not be included on the album.

Producers include Emile, Streetrunner, Focus and DJ Khalil, who produced the album’s most recent leak, “Cuckoo.” [Listen Here]

In a recent interview with XXLMag.com, Royce spoke on the group’s songwriting on the album. “We stayed true to what we’re known for, but ended up with records that I think radio will fuck with,” Royce said. “All four of us can make records, so when we get together, what do you think we gon’ do?”

“It’s definitely not going to just be us kicking verses back to back to back for a whole album” the Detroit MC continued. “It’s going to be bigger than people see.”

Slaughterhouse is currently on the road, touring on the Rock the Bells concert with Nas and Damian Marley, Common, Big Boi of Outkast, Raekwon, RZA, and The Roots, among others.

Slaughterhouse drops on August 11, on E1 Entertainment. –John Kennedy
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2009, 02:01:46 PM »
^that's why i questioned it lol.

plus PootyPooty told me it wasn't going to be on it anyway.

it's a great song, but think, how many more times will you bump it if it makes the album & you can listen to songs that you haven't heard before?

am i the only one who doesn't really bump the singles too much after the album drops?

TheWestCoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Need that Million Dollar Story!!
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2009, 02:48:05 PM »
slaughterhouse is my religion

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2009, 09:16:35 PM »
I enjoyed Woodstock more then I did the One.  Cuckoo is dope as well. 

I enjoyed Crooked's verse on the One but something about all of it doesn't sit well with me.  It's all a tad bit corny even if they do rhyme well.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Young Old Head

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2009, 09:37:05 AM »
Weird..

Pharoahe Monch and Novel will be the only guests featured on Slaughterhouse’s self-titled debut album.

The LP—starring group members Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz, Royce Da 5’9” and Crooked I—will feature sung hooks from Pharoahe and Novel, on two separate tracks. The M.O.P.-featured buzz single, “Woodstock (Hood Hop),” will not be included on the album.

Producers include Emile, Streetrunner, Focus and DJ Khalil, who produced the album’s most recent leak, “Cuckoo.” [Listen Here]

In a recent interview with XXLMag.com, Royce spoke on the group’s songwriting on the album. “We stayed true to what we’re known for, but ended up with records that I think radio will fuck with,” Royce said. “All four of us can make records, so when we get together, what do you think we gon’ do?”

“It’s definitely not going to just be us kicking verses back to back to back for a whole album” the Detroit MC continued. “It’s going to be bigger than people see.”

Slaughterhouse is currently on the road, touring on the Rock the Bells concert with Nas and Damian Marley, Common, Big Boi of Outkast, Raekwon, RZA, and The Roots, among others.

Slaughterhouse drops on August 11, on E1 Entertainment. –John Kennedy

damn... hope that's not true!

Cash Money Blood Gang

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2009, 10:01:56 AM »
Joe confirmed that Woodstock will not be on the album. Sample clearance issues.

sav

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2009, 10:10:56 AM »
Let's hope they replace it by "Fight Club".

JohnnyL

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2009, 10:22:57 AM »
What the hell? lol  So, if it's not on the album, why does it appear on the track list.  I hope if it really isn't on there, that they replace it with an unheard track.  Personally, I hope they just leave it on there.  It's a good track.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2009, 10:28:13 AM »
What the hell? lol  So, if it's not on the album, why does it appear on the track list.  I hope if it really isn't on there, that they replace it with an unheard track.  Personally, I hope they just leave it on there.  It's a good track.

If they leave it on there, then they'll face legal repercussions. E1 won't go for that. We'll just have to wait for the official tracklist to drop, which should be really soon.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2009, 10:31:02 AM »
Let's hope they replace it by "Fight Club".

or a new song that nobody has heard. :P

you don't need to wait for the album to hear Fight Club anyway. :P

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2009, 10:35:58 AM »
i hope they replace woodstock with "Onslaught part 1" :D
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2009, 10:39:04 AM »
damn thats crazy if they leave fight club off, thats one of their best traxx
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

JohnnyL

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2009, 10:53:52 AM »
What the hell? lol  So, if it's not on the album, why does it appear on the track list.  I hope if it really isn't on there, that they replace it with an unheard track.  Personally, I hope they just leave it on there.  It's a good track.

If they leave it on there, then they'll face legal repercussions. E1 won't go for that. We'll just have to wait for the official tracklist to drop, which should be really soon.

What was wrong with it, Pooty?  Some kind of issue with a sample clearance or something?

**Nevermind...I re-read your earlier posts.  You had already said that....my bad.   :laugh:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 10:55:53 AM by JohnnyL »

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2009, 12:03:20 PM »

indeed it is
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

JohnnyL

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2009, 12:15:36 PM »

indeed it is

Yeah.  If they really have to take off "Woodstock," I wouldn't really even mind if they replaced it with one of their older songs like "Fight Club."  Of course, I would prefer an unheard track take its place, but if they were to replace it with a song like "Fight Club" at least they would be putting a good song in it's place (even though it's one that everyone has heard).  On the other hand, I guess there's also the possibility that they'll replace it with nothing and just make the album 14 tracks instead of 15.