Author Topic: Jay-Z feat. Kanye West & Rihanna - Run This Town  (Read 2177 times)

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Jay-Z feat. Kanye West & Rihanna - Run This Town
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2009, 11:19:29 AM »
No idea why people are hatin on Jay's verses, his flow on this record is crazy dope.

ikke

« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2009, 05:03:28 PM »
How did this get in the top 40?

Lunatic

« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2009, 05:04:54 PM »
No idea why people are hatin on Jay's verses, his flow on this record is crazy dope.
for real.

This track is HOT.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2009, 06:31:30 PM »
Now go back and relisten to Death of Autotune.. its on damn near every line

dead of adlib soon plz

I just noticed that and now i cant get away from it, thnks for ruining a good tune

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2009, 07:13:22 PM »
for real.

This track is HOT.

nope

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2009, 07:41:09 PM »
Most of dubcc has bad taste in music.

famozni

• 'G'
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2009, 04:27:35 AM »
i didnt expect to like this song, but when i listen to it, it was great, jay z flow is great..
good song, better of any on american gangsta album

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2009, 09:33:32 AM »
i just wanna explain a lil somethin about auto-tune for all you guys

THERE IS AUTO TUNE IN THIS SONG

most people (jay-z included) think auto-tune is just the robot voice. that is auto tune with the settings tuned up to 10. auto-tune is used in all modern mainstream recordings as an industry standard. all pop stars use it for 'pitch correction', this is just a small use and its often very hard to tell even to the trained ear.

its a different story if you listen to rihannah! that is not a natural sounding at all unless your ears are broke. all her songs have that tone which really grates my ears. it sounds slightly robotic. another popular artist who uses it in a similar way is akon. just listen to his hooks, they are also slightly artifical sounding, and that is because he uses auto tune.

everyone does it, its just rihanna and akon make it really obvious by relying on it (probably because they cant really sing amazing in real life)

Jome

« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2009, 10:14:15 AM »
^^ It's true, but the DOA-campaign seems more aimed at the people who rely solely on auto-tune to make records and repetitive hooks, sounding like robotic aliens.
Not so much aimed at the artists who uses electronic tools to slightly improve/tweak the levels of their vocals.

Seems like the PR-stunt worked though, everybody and their mama talking about auto-tune or not..

ikke

« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2009, 10:19:02 AM »
^^ It's true, but the DOA-campaign seems more aimed at the people who rely solely on auto-tune to make records and repetitive hooks, sounding like robotic aliens.
Not so much aimed at the artists who uses electronic tools to slightly improve/tweak the levels of their vocals.

Seems like the PR-stunt worked though, everybody and their mama talking about auto-tune or not..

no because right after the song was released jay said it was not aimed at those people because those people are his friends who still make him relevent in the hit charts today

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2009, 10:24:43 AM »

yeh i got u there man but i disagree that rihanna is only using it for slight improvement lol

its half-robotic, like a cyborg or some shit :)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2009, 10:52:08 AM »
Does someone really think this track is better than the entire American Gangster album?

Damn...then AG must be slept on. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2009, 11:37:50 AM »
Does someone really think this track is better than the entire American Gangster album?

i'm down with u on this. ag had the most plays since blueprint for me. this song is only saved by kanyes verse. how embarassing

famozni

• 'G'
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2009, 12:16:54 PM »

i'm down with u on this. ag had the most plays since blueprint for me. this song is only saved by kanyes verse. how embarassing

i think jay z outshined kanye in this song,, i liked how jay z rapped, playing with words, maybe the song didnt send any message but
the way jay z rapped i was wow.. i like jay z he is in my top 10 of all times but american gangster album just wanst that good, thats only my opinion..
I read on internet that kane west wants to be called new king of pop or something like that? why is that? he aind king of any music genre.