Author Topic: New Taser stun gun can deliver 3 shocks..  (Read 132 times)

Roccy

New Taser stun gun can deliver 3 shocks..
« on: July 27, 2009, 01:08:18 PM »

FOUNTAIN HILLS, Arizona – Taser International unveiled its first new stun gun since 2003 Monday, a device that can shock three people without being reloaded.

Older Taser stun guns, in use by 14,200 law enforcement agencies throughout the United States, have to be reloaded after one shot, which can be a problem for an officer who has missed a target or has more than one suspect to subdue.

Taser CEO Rick Smith and his brother, Chairman Tom Smith, unveiled the new device to hundreds of law enforcement officers and distributors at the Scottsdale-based company's annual conference. They stood on stage, each holding two new Tasers, and fired six rounds a piece at metal targets to whoops and applause.

"This is as big a step as when firearms went from a muzzle loader to the revolver," Rick Smith claimed while touting the new model. "If I was a cop I'd want to carry one."

The new stun gun costs $1,799, compared with $799 for the older model, though Smith said law enforcement agencies could trade in their older ones for credits worth $300-$800.

He said the device will be available to law enforcement agencies in late August. Officers at the conference will receive free ones provided they pass an operating test.

Smith said he believes the device will become the new standard for police officers who want greater tactical abilities and allows for greater accountability because it has sensors that measure each discharge; that data can then be downloaded and analyzed.

Like the older models, the new stun gun shoots two barbed wires that deliver about 6 watts of electrical current for several seconds, temporarily immobilizing people from a distance.

The device, which can hit people up to 35 feet away, looks like a bulky gun but weighs less than two pounds. It's about 2.5 inches wide and seven inches tall.

Human rights groups contend Tasers cause heart attacks. Taser spokesman Steve Tuttle said the company has won 96 of 97 wrongful-death and product liability lawsuits filed against it and is appealing after being found 15 percent responsible in the one suit it lost.

Amnesty International says there have been 351 U.S. Taser-related deaths since June 2001, including two minors this year. The human rights organization says on its Web site that most of those who died were not carrying weapons.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090727/ap_on_re_us/us_taser_new_device

wow...
how it really goes down..

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: New Taser stun gun can deliver 3 shocks..
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 01:21:22 PM »
Fuck cops and tazers....

The problem isn't the tazers, its these fucking cops who are using it in the wrong situations. They are supposed to be used as an alternative to lethal methods, not for subduing an unarmed person.

ikke

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 01:22:56 PM »
Wouldn't 1 long shock be more usefull

Roccy

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 01:26:07 PM »
Fuck cops and tazers....

The problem isn't the tazers, its these fucking cops who are using it in the wrong situations. They are supposed to be used as an alternative to lethal methods, not for subduing an unarmed person.

true, but now they can get you and your two homies at the same time... LOL

how it really goes down..

Job starring as King Of Zamunda

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • King Of Zamunda
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 01:27:45 PM »
damn more bad news for Black and other non-white people
HOW TO ROB DUBCC PART 1--> http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=227551.0
"I killed a man who looked like me, whose mother and father looked like my mother and father...and nothing happened," Lawrence Fishburne in Deep Cover

"I would share the definition of balling
with you white folks but no...
the game is to be sold not told
so fuck you." - Pac

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 01:28:50 PM »
AWESOME 8)

kemizt

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 01:59:49 PM »
this is really good news for men who like having sex with more than woman at the same time but are tired of the usual process

the ghost

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 02:02:19 PM »
What cracks me up is the people that are all pissed off at catching a shock.  Would they rather have it the old fashion way and catch a stick beating? 

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 02:21:34 PM »
I used to bang a chick from fountain hills

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 02:47:14 PM »
What cracks me up is the people that are all pissed off at catching a shock.  Would they rather have it the old fashion way and catch a stick beating? 

its probably better than getting electrocuted and possibly dying...as long as they don't go Rodney King on you

the ghost

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 02:49:53 PM »
That's true sometimes people die from it, but I'd still take my chances over old school police beatdown tactics.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 03:16:23 PM »
 :-X

Unfuckinbelievable