Author Topic: Eminem > Crooked I  (Read 740 times)

Blasphemy

Re: Eminem > Crooked I
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2009, 08:29:11 PM »
lol. People will usually put crooked I over Eminem because Eminem doesn't sing normal topics, he stays on over the top violence, homos, drug abuse, his wife, his mother. Crooked I is just another West Coast rapper talking about gangsta shit, but this time with some very good lyrics. Either way its a matter of personal preference. If were were to do a real comparison, we had to compare lyrics, wordplay, and general content.

Eminem would get props for his first 3 albums, Encore would be a huge blemish on his lyrical record. Relapse, well that's a mixed situation, has better word play and lyrics compared to Encore, but its still stuck on the same topics, after 4 years of taking a break. Drug abuse became a main issue on it though.With The Marshall Mathers LP managing to be 1 of only 4 albums to go diamond, and eminem becoming the highest selling rapper, he's left his mark not only in the game but in america in general.The Controversy he sparked hasn't been heard of since N.W.A's legendary album Straight Outta Compton.The Marshall Mathers LP presented his magnum opus, with his intense lyricism, witty word play, and extremely good flow.Toning down his Slim Shady for a more realistic album gave him a whole new height of success.

Crooked I - Has managed to obtain a very good following among the west despite never releasing a album. Being 1 of the few signed to Death Row's Second Dynasty that wasn't meant to be a rip off, provided extra points for his record.While Eminem just admits how he felt about fans coming up to him, crooked I takes a slightly different Approach, and tries to keep his connected using his Audo Week tapes. Crooked I's Mixtapes have been highly acclaimed, and his consistent lyrical prowness has given him a very high standard, normally not reserved for west coast acts on lyricism.

I can go on with both artist (maybe later for a more in depth review. but clearly,  Eminem has managed bigger feats, while Crooked I has managed to gain a strong cult following and could be a major factor in saving West Coast Hip-Hop. Over all lots of stuff involved with both artist.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2009, 04:30:16 AM »
crooked is insane, but if this wasnt a westcoast forum, just a hip-hop forum in general, there would be no debate and comparison....em's guest verses alone on 'renegade' & 'dont approach me' are better than alot of crooks verses.....taking nothing away from crooked I of course

have you ever heard Crook rhyme over the Renegade beat from Young Boss vol 1?  i'd say he rips it as well as Em did

"first they gave my peo-ple crack, then counter-attacked that with the Re-co act, that's why the Pen-i-tentiarys be-so-packed"

whoa.. that shit is dope.. like every other bar dude ever spit..

Crooked I > Eminem.. Consistency, flow, delivery, way more interesting topics, funny as hell punches etc..

Em only talks about being a victim - In school he was bullied? Boo hoo.. and now the media is on his dick? boo hoo once again.. oh yeah and his stepfather raped him? boo hoo hoo..

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2009, 05:02:51 AM »
lol

crooked i never had to diss the backstreet boys or christina agulara too
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2009, 06:14:44 AM »
Eminem get's no airplay in my ride.
(So it's a matter of asshole, AKA opinion!)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2009, 10:45:42 AM »
crooked is insane, but if this wasnt a westcoast forum, just a hip-hop forum in general, there would be no debate and comparison....em's guest verses alone on 'renegade' & 'dont approach me' are better than alot of crooks verses.....taking nothing away from crooked I of course

have you ever heard Crook rhyme over the Renegade beat from Young Boss vol 1?  i'd say he rips it as well as Em did

"first they gave my peo-ple crack, then counter-attacked that with the Re-co act, that's why the Pen-i-tentiarys be-so-packed"

whoa.. that shit is dope.. like every other bar dude ever spit..

Crooked I > Eminem.. Consistency, flow, delivery, way more interesting topics, funny as hell punches etc..

Em only talks about being a victim - In school he was bullied? Boo hoo.. and now the media is on his dick? boo hoo once again.. oh yeah and his stepfather raped him? boo hoo hoo..

LOL WHAT?

Eminem one of the very few rappers who have a different thing to rap about than most rappers.

so if Eminem lied, like most rappers & said he was killing guys as a teen & preached fuck the police, you would gain a greater respect?

"the police are doing there job, so fuck them!", boo-hoo; "the streets were so hard on me", boo hoo.

i can't even name another topic most rappers rap about, i think i already summed it up. :laugh: