Author Topic: Tips to College Success  (Read 349 times)

ikke

Re: Tips to College Success
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 04:25:20 AM »
ARE WE TALKING ABOUT AVERAGE STUDENT OR SUCCESSFUL STUDENT
SUCCESSFUL MEANS DO A LOT MORE THAN THAT
?
I'm an average student and I don't do anything in school
here is a tip ....
stay in school
You can't drop out till you're 18 here :P
So I will have finished school before I'd be able to

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
Re: Tips to College Success
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 04:09:29 PM »
I just finished my BA in law with honors...  I went to a school 3000 miles from home and partied hard every year. I almost flunked out first year... like a grade lower in one course and I woulda been kicked out. The key is balance,  I partied just as hard the rest of the time I was there... I just figured out how to take care of business at the same time

I stopped taking courses that started before 11, or anything on fridays (Thursday was the big night at our campus). 

Between classes I always tried to schedule a couple hour breaks... good opportunities to hit the library, gym or grab lunch, You're already at campus, you might as well stay the whole day and get shit done

Take classes you're interested in.. you're more likely to study, pay attention and not mind going to class.

Check the syllabus at the start of term... compare it to other prof's teaching the same course... a few times I switched profs because the courseload was half the work for the same credit.  Ie) one was a term paper and a final, the other was 2 presentations, 2 papers, a midterm and a final.

Talk to other people farther along in your program... find out what profs to avoid, what courses are easy etc..

Most profs hold a review session at the end of the year... make sure you go to that, theres always hints and shit as to whats guaranteed to be on the exam.

I still skipped every once and a while... but I always made sure that I did the readings for that week.

Keep every essay you ever write....  theres lots of crossover between courses, you may find one of them useful.  Im not saying hand in the same paper for 2 courses,  but you might be able to modify a few of the pages, improve on them and save yourself some research and time.

If you're short a few paragraphs in length... change the font of all the  periods  "."  to font 15, it'l give you an extra half page... haha

I stopped blazing during the day,  but kept a beer and a bowl waiting for me at home as a reward.

the REAL lazy way to do something isnt to wait to the last minute... then have to write an essay for 12 hours in a row. the REAL lazy way to do it is to break it up over a longer period... an hour here, an hour there etc.

Thats how I survived my undergrad.  I'm going to grad school in Sept.
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus