Author Topic: do u care what others think about u?  (Read 1919 times)

bananas

Re: do u care what others think about u?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 05:43:03 PM »
Usually it's only the major fuck ups and douchebags who say they don't care what others think. Of course most of us do, it's why we get up get showered go to work and talk to friends every day.

Cali Climate

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 05:55:49 PM »
Usually it's only the major fuck ups and douchebags who say they don't care what others think. Of course most of us do, it's why we get up get showered go to work and talk to friends every day.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 10:27:23 AM »
People who say they dont care what people think about em, are full of shit lol.  It just sounds good to say "I dont care what anybody thinks of me".  But in some sense, we ALL care what others think about us.  Its the reason you do so many things, like brush your hair, buy certain clothing, shave your face, be polite, etc...etc.  Some people like to try and convince others that they do those things for themSELVES. Which is bullshit also lol. Do you think if you lived by yourself, on a deserted island with NO other people....you would take the time to shave or brush your hair? Yeah right...
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 11:14:37 AM »
^^^ only certain people you value or give merit to. i disagree about major fuck ups.. they taught you how to shower when you were a kid, and taught you how to eat that shits just LIFE

when your not embarrassed anymore and are able to take a piss in front of people, eat some chili cheese curly fries in front of some fine girls at tommys burger, or dance in front of co workers at work and still have swag, you're truly coming into your own and are free from inhibitions. so yea u can be wild yet responsible

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 12:12:08 PM »
^^^ only certain people you value or give merit to. i disagree about major fuck ups.. they taught you how to shower when you were a kid, and taught you how to eat that shits just LIFE

when your not embarrassed anymore and are able to take a piss in front of people, eat some chili cheese curly fries in front of some fine girls at tommys burger, or dance in front of co workers at work and still have swag, you're truly coming into your own and are free from inhibitions. so yea u can be wild yet responsible

Every single one of us does, or owns something that is solely to impress others. Whether it be rims on their car, jewelry, nice clothes, shaving, combing your hair, being polite when your pissed, etc...etc.  Could you imagine what kind of asshole a person would be who legitimately didnt give a shit what anybody else thought?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

ikke

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 12:16:24 PM »
People who say they dont care what people think about em, are full of shit lol.  It just sounds good to say "I dont care what anybody thinks of me".  But in some sense, we ALL care what others think about us.  Its the reason you do so many things, like brush your hair, buy certain clothing, shave your face, be polite, etc...etc.  Some people like to try and convince others that they do those things for themSELVES. Which is bullshit also lol. Do you think if you lived by yourself, on a deserted island with NO other people....you would take the time to shave or brush your hair? Yeah right...
ofcourse we all care a bit, if you didn't you'd be dead inside.
But i don't care enough for people to let what they think influence me

Sparegeez

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 03:44:31 PM »
Yes, I'll tell you why.

People make assumptions of you before they meet you, while they're getting to know you and after they've judged you. Those assumptions make a huge impact on how they view what you say. If you have good feelings towards the person speaking, you'll listen and have an open mind to what they are saying. On the other hand if you dislike the person, while they speak you'll spend more time trying to make an argument to what they're saying instead of listening and thinking critically of their words. So people will start hating on you, when they don't even know you. That's why a lot of posters like NIK, job and me are misunderstood because people will hate us and not listen, no matter what. And to me, I like influencing people's minds on several issues, sort of like teaching. I can't do that without a fair image. So fuck you homos who hate on me because of the bandwagon I started the first year I started posting here.

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 04:21:55 PM »

I know what youre sayin man. But we ALL are influenced by what others think. Maybe not one individual person, maybe not even a group of people. But as a whole, we are.  Think about where you live (I dunno where it is), or the culture you live within. Arent there things you do or dont do, that have nothing to do with the law? But you do them or dont do them anyways because others think its wrong...or dont like it.  I'll use myself as an example. I dont fuck with the color pink. I dont rock pink shirts, shoes, hats...none of that shit. Personally, I think dudes wearin pink look gay as hell.  Now, Im sure growin up i picked up that mentality from somewhere. Probably because so many other guys think the same thing.  Now, hasnt what they think influenced my behavior?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 07:33:17 PM »
People who say they dont care what people think about em, are full of shit lol.  It just sounds good to say "I dont care what anybody thinks of me".  But in some sense, we ALL care what others think about us.  Its the reason you do so many things, like brush your hair, buy certain clothing, shave your face, be polite, etc...etc.  Some people like to try and convince others that they do those things for themSELVES. Which is bullshit also lol. Do you think if you lived by yourself, on a deserted island with NO other people....you would take the time to shave or brush your hair? Yeah right...

I know what youre sayin man. But we ALL are influenced by what others think. Maybe not one individual person, maybe not even a group of people. But as a whole, we are.  Think about where you live (I dunno where it is), or the culture you live within. Arent there things you do or dont do, that have nothing to do with the law? But you do them or dont do them anyways because others think its wrong...or dont like it.  I'll use myself as an example. I dont fuck with the color pink. I dont rock pink shirts, shoes, hats...none of that shit. Personally, I think dudes wearin pink look gay as hell.  Now, Im sure growin up i picked up that mentality from somewhere. Probably because so many other guys think the same thing.  Now, hasnt what they think influenced my behavior?

I think its only the shit you learn as a kid cause most kids are more susceptible to being influenced. It's called conditioning. Once you reach a certain age you stop giving a fuck about the latest trends (well if you don't you're a fad follower) but you still have your opinions ingrained in you from when you were a kid. But obviously when you are a kid you are going to think about things a certain way because you don't know anything. So you base what you learn on the people around you. Its not about caring what people think about you, its about the way you were brought up.

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 08:08:19 PM »
hmmm 8)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 08:16:57 PM »
fuck everyone, if i cared what anyone thought, i couldnt do half the shit i do, so fuck em, the only people whos respect i need, ill get, (job wise, school wise, bitches wise)

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 08:27:35 PM »
People who say they dont care what people think about em, are full of shit lol.  It just sounds good to say "I dont care what anybody thinks of me".  But in some sense, we ALL care what others think about us.  Its the reason you do so many things, like brush your hair, buy certain clothing, shave your face, be polite, etc...etc.  Some people like to try and convince others that they do those things for themSELVES. Which is bullshit also lol. Do you think if you lived by yourself, on a deserted island with NO other people....you would take the time to shave or brush your hair? Yeah right...

I know what youre sayin man. But we ALL are influenced by what others think. Maybe not one individual person, maybe not even a group of people. But as a whole, we are.  Think about where you live (I dunno where it is), or the culture you live within. Arent there things you do or dont do, that have nothing to do with the law? But you do them or dont do them anyways because others think its wrong...or dont like it.  I'll use myself as an example. I dont fuck with the color pink. I dont rock pink shirts, shoes, hats...none of that shit. Personally, I think dudes wearin pink look gay as hell.  Now, Im sure growin up i picked up that mentality from somewhere. Probably because so many other guys think the same thing.  Now, hasnt what they think influenced my behavior?

I think its only the shit you learn as a kid cause most kids are more susceptible to being influenced. It's called conditioning. Once you reach a certain age you stop giving a fuck about the latest trends (well if you don't you're a fad follower) but you still have your opinions ingrained in you from when you were a kid. But obviously when you are a kid you are going to think about things a certain way because you don't know anything. So you base what you learn on the people around you. Its not about caring what people think about you, its about the way you were brought up.

With some things, of course.  But To me, this is one those questions like "How much do you masturbate?".  You know, the guys who say they dont....probably do it the most lol.  I think anyone who claims they dont give a shit what other people think about them, more then likely care the most.  Which is probably why they say they dont give a shit what others think in the first place, it sounds cool to others.  If you live in any kind of society (which we all do) there is a part of you that cares what others think of you.  You can be your own person all you want, but what others think of you is who you are in a society.   You could think youre a great guy, but if everyone else thinks youre an asshole...guess what, youre an asshole.  Again, there are VERY few people who really dont give a shit what people think of them.  In order to completely not give a shit what others think, you would more then likely have absolutely no friends, definetely no love life, etc. 

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 09:31:56 PM »
nah its all good
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

ikke

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2009, 06:08:38 AM »

I know what youre sayin man. But we ALL are influenced by what others think. Maybe not one individual person, maybe not even a group of people. But as a whole, we are.  Think about where you live (I dunno where it is), or the culture you live within. Arent there things you do or dont do, that have nothing to do with the law? But you do them or dont do them anyways because others think its wrong...or dont like it.  I'll use myself as an example. I dont fuck with the color pink. I dont rock pink shirts, shoes, hats...none of that shit. Personally, I think dudes wearin pink look gay as hell.  Now, Im sure growin up i picked up that mentality from somewhere. Probably because so many other guys think the same thing.  Now, hasnt what they think influenced my behavior?
but is that really because you care what other think or is it just so you'll be left the fuck alone by certain people.

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2009, 10:38:49 AM »

but is that really because you care what other think or is it just so you'll be left the fuck alone by certain people.

Using my example, NOW I dont wear the shit cus it looks fuckin stupid...to me lol. But that didnt originate in my mind all by itself.

My point is just, when you live amongst other people...and are a sane person, you will care what others think of you.  It doesnt have to be to the point where you cant be original yourself.  But guaranteed every person in here has been around someone who didnt give a fuck what people thought, in regards to a certain action. You ever see somebody just diggin in their nose in front of other people? lol  That person doesnt give a fuck what others think about that.  But you might think its fuckin nasty.  You might know u got somethin up in your nose that needs to come out, but rather then take care of it the quick and easy way by pickin it...youd go find yourself a tissue and blow your nose lol. Why?  Cus you dont want people to think youre fuckin nasty.  (Im assuming you would find a tissue of course lol)