Author Topic: Eastern Conference All-Stars Volume III thoughts.  (Read 262 times)

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
Eastern Conference All-Stars Volume III thoughts.
« on: October 27, 2002, 10:57:02 AM »
just dropping some thoughts on ECA3, who's heard this?

Tame One "Tame As It Ever Was" is dope... dirty beat... Tame One sounds nice... wish this cat would drop an LP like El Da Sen finally is.

Copywrite "Won't Stop" is solid... punchline laced joint (of course). i like the scratching on the hook.

Weathermen "5 Left In The Clip"... this beat is nice... rhyming is good (duh)...

High & Mighty "Rumble" .... i really dig the beat, Eon is Eon... solid but not spectacular.

Smut Peddlers "Bart Burnt vs. Sherm Penn" aight song... i dont like how Cage sounds though.

Cage "Special Ladies"... he sounds a bit better on hear... production continues to bring a nice mostly dark vibe to the album.

Ra The Rugged Man "Brawl" i've never been a big Ra fan... this beat is bananas though. and he sounds better than i remember.

High & Mighty "Not All There" I guess it was only a matter of time before the beats stopped being amazing... this **** is boring...

Nighthawks "Nighthawks" energetic track, if nothing else. Lyrics and beat are average.

Smut Peddlers & Kool G Rap - Talk Like Sex II (Original) G Rap is nice here. the beat is uptempo, making the song better.... Cage gets on my nerves somewhat on this... i guess his voice just doesnt fit the track as much as G Rap or Eon....

Tame One "Dreamz" the beat is okay, if a bit bland... Tame sounds good, but this song needs a deeper, darker beat.

Copywrite "Jeah" well its a copywrite song.. hello punchlines. he's dope on the song.. but i wish the track had more energy... it'd carry his voice better.

Weathermen "Gut You" good song, nothing amazing to me though. I like the beat... wish they brought some different subject matter though.

Cage "Ballad Of Worms"... who hasn't heard this? get out of your cave... dope beat... Cage is pretty damn good on it too. although sometimes the way he drags his flow to slow it down is annoying...

High & Mighty "And 1" i'm partial to basketball tracks, but this beat is annoying to me....

High & Mighty "The Last Hit (Original)" ... same joint as on their debut, with i guess the original beat. solid song.

overall i'd give it probably a 7/10... nothing is bad really, but it gets really bland in places...

Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
Re:Eastern Conference All-Stars Volume III thoughts.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2002, 12:39:23 PM »
I didn't realise this was even out, but ECA2 had some dope tracks on it but this doesn't look as good.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Trizz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Cant spell the West wit out the ES
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2002, 03:26:30 PM »
How can yall like that Shit it has no meaning
its jus someone talkin all intellectually and saying nothin
over a dark beat it fuckin sucks im glad they dont
play this shit on tv or radio and dont come wit tha
i like nelly shit cause i like underground JUST not back
packer underground i like GANGSTA underground
and i like gangsta rap and alot of commerical

so eat a dick if u hate on me for not liking this shit
like you hate commerical so much i hate this so much
this aint even underground this is fuckin underground trash

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2002, 05:09:25 PM »
simply because you can't understand what the cats are talking about doesn't mean they're saying nothing... you're the one "hating" kid... grow up and get out of my thread.
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

The Watcher

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2002, 06:16:35 PM »
dope!
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2002, 01:38:58 AM »
Eastern Conference All Stars II was probably one of my favorite cd's from last year.... or was it this year? I dont know... but I been bumpin ever since I bought it which was a couple month ago.

This one looks different though.. it looks like they're keepin it in tha family... Vol. II had guest appearances by people like Defari, Dilated Peoples, Kool Keith, Pace Won, Big Daddy Kane, Last Emperor.... all kinds of shit... this one might still be cool though...

I've already heard tha Rumble song by High & Mighty... I think it was released on this compilation called "The Difference".... where'd you get to hear the album though??

And to trizz.... to each his own.. of course not everybody's gonna like tha same shit.. but if you dont like it.. then why bother even comin' in here speakin on shit... that's why you're a hater. Fuck that commercial/mainstream shit... It's all tha same bullshit.  But "Intillectual"? How do they try to sound Intellectual? Most of tha time I hear Eon or R.A  rappin their spittin some drugged out shit about prostitutes. Tame One keeps it G'd... Even Big Daddy Kane was on their shit.. old School Hip Hop Legend... even he recognizes it as straight Hip Hop... fuck tha bullshit.  
« Last Edit: October 28, 2002, 01:40:43 AM by Criminal_909 »

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2002, 07:52:15 AM »

The Watcher

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2002, 04:48:38 PM »
is this out on irc anywhere? i cant seem to find it at all
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden