Author Topic: The Chronic Re-Lit Cover  (Read 2646 times)

MarshColin

The Chronic Re-Lit Cover
« on: July 28, 2009, 09:52:25 AM »

StevenQBosell

Re: The Chronic Re-Lit Cover
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 09:54:22 AM »
I like it, god I hope we get some dope unreleased stuff

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 09:54:47 AM »
I don't like it, they should've just left it the same as the original with the writing Re-lit under digitally remastered & in small letters.

Blacktea

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 09:58:10 AM »
i like the concept of the cover being a burning blunt tho

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 10:04:12 AM »
amazing cover, i love it

teletomble

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 10:05:37 AM »
Has The Tracklist Been Released?

JohnnyL

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 10:09:26 AM »
Not bad.  Nice new twist on a classic.  Ultimately, the content is what matters most, but I'm glad they didn't go a cheaper route and just reproduce the exact same cover as the previous editions.  Hopefully, we'll get a track list for both discs soon.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 10:19:23 AM »
I don't own this album so if it sounds that much better I'll probably pick it up.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

kuruptlon

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 10:25:57 AM »
I don't like it, they should've just left it the same as the original with the writing Re-lit under digitally remastered & in small letters.

well from a marketing stand point people who already have the original chronic aren't going to be too interested in picking up the same thing again, so by changing the cover and bundling it with all this other stuff it makes it fresher in the consumers mind, and thus people will be more apt to rebuy the chronic relit. nah mean?

Blacktea

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 10:27:24 AM »
I don't own this album so if it sounds that much better I'll probably pick it up.

how can u not own a copy of the chronic...  8)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 10:29:32 AM »

well from a marketing stand point people who already have the original chronic aren't going to be too interested in picking up the same thing again, so by changing the cover and bundling it with all this other stuff it makes it fresher in the consumers mind, and thus people will be more apt to rebuy the chronic relit. nah mean?
Yeah I know what you're saying & that is true, it's just that I like the original cover more.

kuruptlon

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 10:30:46 AM »

Yeah I know what you're saying & that is true, it's just that I like the original cover more.

I hear yah, I think their reasoning was probably like well if people want the original thats still on the shelf, but this is something different.

Jaydc555

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 10:35:25 AM »
I have the very original still.Its scratched to shit but still plays without skipping.They don't make cds like that anymore.I like the cover and ill be buying this for sure

JohnnyL

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2009, 11:29:15 AM »

Good point.  I think also, for the casual fan who may not have seen any promotional material for this release, a new cover makes it easier to distinguish this release from the original "Chronic."

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2009, 11:33:58 AM »
dope cover, of course the will drop some unrealsed stuff.