Author Topic: Chronic relit BONUS songs are...  (Read 1431 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: Chronic relit BONUS songs are...
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2009, 06:40:56 PM »
STFU...we as fans made dre who he is today and support him and continue to support him no matter what...through his best of times when he was making ground breaking music and even his worst when it seemed like he was losing his creative edge we still fucked with him and checked for his music...

through all the "firm's" and "dr.dre presents the aftermath's" and even when he really dropped the ball and refused to put king tees album out we still checked for him.

this is what his core fanbase wants and Im sure he knows that...these young ass kids who listen to jeezy and soulja boy and gucci dont give a fuck about dr dre and thats whos buying records these days youd think hed look out for his longtime fans

EnzoUK

« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2009, 06:44:28 PM »
a big "fuck you" to Dr. Gay for not letting the fans hear the unreleased music. i thought wideawake hold the rights to drop the released AND unreleased songs from the vaults. how could dre`s lawyers stop this?

co sign fuk dre for being a bitch, its all about the music and thats what we wanna here and hes stoppin it
Twitter: @EnzoUK

The_Bizzel

« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2009, 12:20:06 AM »
so wideawake bought the masters, but not the rights?
maybe i'm missing something, but how is that financially profitable?

with the legal injunctions with dre, is the same gonna happen with snoop/dpg/etc.?

um, whats the point of buying a catalog when it can't get a proper release?
my hopes were up  when widewake made promises of "the vaults are open", but not it seems like the vault is covered in red tape...

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2009, 08:09:31 AM »
i think wideawake cant release pac and dre and maybe nate dogg stuff because of the court decisions from back n the days.
but we know that they released DMW and 2001 so i guess that they got free hands with the snoop/dpg stuff. same with jewell, cpo aso... they re paid for their work at the label and suge got the full publishing rights.
its all about the old contracts.

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2009, 10:12:24 AM »
i think wideawake cant release pac and dre and maybe nate dogg stuff because of the court decisions from back n the days.
but we know that they released DMW and 2001 so i guess that they got free hands with the snoop/dpg stuff. same with jewell, cpo aso... they re paid for their work at the label and suge got the full publishing rights.
its all about the old contracts.

The only reason Death Row was able 2 release Dead Man Walkin was because signed over his publishing rights 2 Suge Knight. Suge has rights 2 those records but not total publishing rights 2 tha stuff Snoop did with Dre. That's why we've never heard that stuff because Dre owns some rights 2 that stuff and they have 2 get his permission. We all know what happen with the Chronic 2000 album and Dre being forced 2 change his album title from The Chronic 2001 to simply 2001 (with the chronic leaf beside it). I mean, Suge and Death Row at that time fuck'd up alot of shit being on that bullshit.