Author Topic: Slaughterhouse-Slaughterhouse-2009-H3X (Discussion Thread)  (Read 9769 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: SLAUGHTERHOUSE DISCUSSION THREAD (SLAUGUSTTTTTTTTTTTTT)
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 11:13:38 AM »
Listening now, I've noticed that the production credits are wrong, Salute was clearly produced by Denuan Porter (he even says it himself).

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

JohnnyL

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 11:24:57 AM »
 Just finished listening.  In my opinion, this is how rap albums should sound.  Sure, I have a couple minor grievances.  But over all the album is great.  The first track (which is one of my favorites), does a nice job of introducing the group without having to resort to using another skit for an "intro."  Other favorites on here are "Lyrical Murderers," "Microphone," "Not Tonight," "Onslaught part 2,"Rain Drops," and "Killaz."
 I still feel that "The One," and Cuckoo," are two of the weakest tracks on the album.  On the other hand, I don't think they're bad songs.  I can see how "The One" would be selected as the single.  I think it may prove to have commercial appeal.  "Cuckoo" on the other hand, while not suffering from a poppy sound, has an unusual sound to the production.  It was a little off-putting at first, but it has grown on me some, since I first heard it.
 If I had anything else to say about this album that one might file under the "negative column," it would be that I still think 3 skits is too much for a 15 track album.  That's a minor gripe though.  And I actually think the "In the Mind of Madness Skit" actually is pretty effective at setting up the following track, "Cuckoo."
  It seems as though the first half of the album is mostly songs where they're just going off lyrically. (With a couple concept tracks also thrown into the mix).  Whereas the second half delves a little more into deeper material.
  Overall, I found the production to be pretty solid.  It seemed like the type of tracks these four would enjoy rhyming over.  The guest appearances were kept to a minimum, which I also think was a good thing.  Although, I wouldn't have minded hearing Pharoahe Monch drop a verse on "Salute," as well as providing the hook.
  Ultimately, I think the most telling thing about this album, is there are very few tracks that I think I will have to skip, when listening to it.  I'm sure I'll probably skip the skits upon repeated listens.  And occasionally, I may skip "The One."  But I think every other track is solid, and will probably stand up even after multiple listens.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 11:42:19 AM »
Cuckoo is fuckin dope, like most people I didn't like it when I first heard it & then like 2 days later I listened to it for the 2nd time & I automatically liked it. The One is great too, I don't know why everyone is crying about it. Does anyone here ever dance or go to clubs?? Anways I just skimmed through the album & it sounds great. Can anyone name all the songs that were left off from the retail CD??

ikke

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 11:46:01 AM »
Cuckoo is fuckin dope, like most people I didn't like it when I first heard it & then like 2 days later I listened to it for the 2nd time & I automatically liked it. The One is great too, I don't know why everyone is crying about it. Does anyone here ever dance or go to clubs?? Anways I just skimmed through the album & it sounds great. Can anyone name all the songs that were left off from the retail CD??

westsiderider323

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 11:51:36 AM »
RRT is fuckin me over :-X  someone pm me..

haha thats where i got my link from
still downloadin cant wait to listen to it

ikke

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 11:54:06 AM »
Where did you guys find this?

don't worry just bump, check your PM!

you too Luna. ;)

yo, just heard Cuckoo for the first time, how did that song recieve hate when it first dropped? i remember skimming through the thread & saw negative responses. :-X

WHAT AN ALBUM 7 TRACKS IN! 8)
major props.

GOnna listen to this all night 8)

JohnnyL

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2009, 12:24:17 PM »

For the record, I don't dislike either song.  I just didn't like them as much as the others.  "Cuckoo" took a little time to grow on me too.  When I first heard it, I just thought the beat was weird.  I always liked the lyrics.  But after a few spins, I was starting to like it.  It sounds fine, especially in the context of the rest of the album.  It's still not one of my favorites, but it's nowhere near a bad song.
  I actually, don't go to clubs.  I did when I was younger, but can't stand them now.  I'll still go out to the bar once in a while, but not clubs, so much.  But I realize other people do, and that's cool.  Actually, the idea of "Slaughterhouse" actually getting play in clubs is really cool to me.  I actually hope that does happen.  And as I said before, I do think the one has commercial appeal, and I think it may have what it takes to get some love in the clubs.  I hope so.  And I do give them credit for trying something new, with "The One."  Again, it's not one of my favorite "Slaughterhouse" tracks, but it's not at all bad.
  Overall, I think this album has something for everyone.  To me, it's the album of the summer.  Thus far, anyway.  I haven't heard an album this good in some time.

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2009, 12:27:02 PM »
To me, it's the album of the summer. 

To me, it's the best album in many years.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2009, 12:30:08 PM »
To me, it's the album of the summer. 

To me, it's the best album in many years.

agreed, 110%!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 12:32:14 PM »
Rain Drops is easily song of the year & Killaz is amazingly dope! 8)

also, i think Joe took some shots at Jay; "Too many blueprints & not enough architects". :laugh: 8)

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2009, 12:35:44 PM »
great album 4.5 / 5   after first listen, was bumping this in car on my way to another city, was really enjoying.

Microphone bangs hard!

Rain Dropz omg!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

westsiderider323

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2009, 12:40:24 PM »
god damn this is a real hiphop every song go hard anyone who doesnt feel this album should b takin to the back and shot dead in the head this is the best album ive heard in a long time i dont even remember when was the last time i heard somethin this ill

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2009, 12:42:53 PM »
god damn this is a real hiphop every song go hard anyone who doesnt feel this album should b takin to the back and shot dead in the head this is the best album ive heard in a long time i dont even remember when was the last time i heard somethin this ill

Real talk. Last time I was this excited about some rap shit was when I first heard NWA, and that was back when I first started listening to rap. I don't even know how far you'd have to go back to find an album which is truely on this album's level...MMLP maybe?

ikke

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2009, 12:55:19 PM »
LEftovers are: Woodstock, Onslaught, Wack MC's & Fight Club; Did I forget any?