Author Topic: Slaughterhouse-Slaughterhouse-2009-H3X (Discussion Thread)  (Read 9760 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: SLAUGHTERHOUSE DISCUSSION THREAD (SLAUGUSTTTTTTTTTTTTT)
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 01:52:28 PM »
After 1 very quick listen I have to say that there's no weak tracks but also no standout tracks either. I actually enjoyed that new Raekwon joint more than the whole album.

Gonna give this a proper spin over the weekend and drop some thoughts.

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 02:07:49 PM »
After 1 very quick listen I have to say that there's no weak tracks but also no standout tracks either. I actually enjoyed that new Raekwon joint more than the whole album.

Gonna give this a proper spin over the weekend and drop some thoughts.

Granted it was a quick listen so you probably didn't get a chance to pay too close attention to the lyrics, but three quarters of the album is standout tracks. Everyone has their taste but anyone who doesn't realize how fuckin sick this album is quite clearly isn't in to pure MC'ing. Some of Crooked's lyrics on the album are really insane and damn Joell Ortiz goes hard on some tracks despite all the hate he gets.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2009, 02:08:10 PM »
LEftovers are: Woodstock, Onslaught, Wack MC's & Fight Club; Did I forget any?

Move On.

am i the only one who thinks that their second album will only be much better? 8)

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2009, 02:09:56 PM »

Move On.

am i the only one who thinks that their second album will only be much better? 8)

I think if they wanted to they could put out a dope album every month of the year and still be shitting on 95% of the rap game.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2009, 02:10:59 PM »

Move On.

I think if they wanted to they could put out a dope album every month of the year and still be shitting on 95% of the rap game.

hands down, but i'd perfer them put time in like this one & give a classic; YEAH I SAID IT! ;D 8)

Matty

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2009, 02:32:18 PM »
ater 1 listen, the album is great, but i can't help but feel the material lacks some of the spark that made their previous tracks and verses so dope.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 02:34:25 PM by Matty »

ikke

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2009, 02:35:18 PM »

Move On.

move on was a remix to one of joel's songs

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2009, 02:38:43 PM »
The One is awesome.. I wish every song they made was like this.. Lyrical Club Shit!  8)

SO PRUP

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2009, 03:05:01 PM »
someone pm me the link

still gonna cop this in stores, gonna be the first album I've bought in over 5 years lol

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2009, 03:19:56 PM »
For knocking this album out in 6 days, it makes me wonder what could've been had they spent more time on it? I'm satisfied with the end result though all things considered. I was worried when Joell made the announcement in the E1 press release that they did the whole album in 6 days.

With that in mind, I doubt this album would've dropped in August had it not been for Rock The Bells tour. The group needed to give the fans something to look forward to while they were on tour. Otherwise it would've defeated the purpose. You gotta remember, they were originally planning to drop an EP, but the sudden signing to E1 in early June prompted them to try and capitalize on their buzz behind a big summer tour.

Sure the album could've been better, but I ain't mad at this at all. If a Slaughter House album in 6 days sounds like this, then I can only imagine what 2 weeks or a month would sound like? That's an accomplishment in and of itself.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2009, 03:30:27 PM »
This is the album of the year so far after one listen, The One is the only misstep of the ablum and it's still a solid 3/5 track.  Favorite Tracks Lyrical Murders, Onslaught 2.

Was banging The One at a party last night and shit was sounding ill! Getting my download on now  8)

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2009, 03:38:11 PM »
 :o

RapAddict

• 'G'
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2009, 04:40:59 PM »
This is the album of the year so far after one listen, The One is the only misstep of the ablum and it's still a solid 3/5 track.  Favorite Tracks Lyrical Murders, Onslaught 2.

Was banging The One at a party last night and shit was sounding ill! Getting my download on now  8)

I actually enjoy The One as a club/party song by itself it just seems to mess up the flow of the album, it's like the random thrown in club single in the middle that kills the flow of the album.

After listening to this more times I don't mind the skits, they provide a nice transition between the lyrically aggresive tracks in the beginning from the more thoughtful songs at the end.

I agree with Meho that there's no tracks that standout but I'd rather have a solid 12 tracks then two or three "wow" and the rest of the album be trash. This will definitely be purchased.
dj smeeze "you dont have his cd in the deck listening to it? and it's a double frisbee i mean double cd!"

JohnnyL

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2009, 04:43:30 PM »
To me, it's the album of the summer. 

To me, it's the best album in many years.

agreed, 110%!

It's hard for me to think in terms of best in many years, just because when I try to think back that far, I always have a feeling there are things I'm neglecting to remember.  But I agree that it's great.  Best hip hop album I can think of in recent memory.  I don't really foresee anything topping it anytime soon.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2009, 04:50:59 PM »
Firstly Move On should be on this album, secondly Salute Me is so so, Killaz will perhaps grow on me. Now as for the rest of the album, I think it's great. I also don't agree that they should have spent more time on the album. The album if it was made in 6 days, was made because of the creative energy's they all felt, the vibing off each other, just grasping the moment where they felt they had the momentum to do this. Oh and Sound Off is such a great way to start this album off, the level of mcing from all of them is nop notch and they deserve credit for sticking to that and for making very catchy well thought out songs.