Author Topic: Slaughterhouse-Slaughterhouse-2009-H3X (Discussion Thread)  (Read 9938 times)

G-Funk

Re: Slaughterhouse-Slaughterhouse-2009-H3X (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2009, 10:00:01 PM »
To be honest, at first, I thought this album was going to be mediocre at best but with dope rhymes (I know Crooked I can spit some dope shit). I took a listen after hearing some good stuff about this; it proved me wrong about the mediocre thought I had.

• The tracks I'm really feelin' are: "Sound Off", "Microphone", "The One", and "Cut Loose". (Microphone and Cut Loose especially) 8)

• I felt that there were a couple 'growers' on this album, a few examples for me would be "Cuckoo" and "Not Tonight". ;D

• I wasn't feelin' "Killaz" (only because I felt that it sounded a lil average, like I could visit some dude's MySpace Music page and hear something similar to this, but that's just me) and the skits weren't bad, but they weren't nothing special either.

• Everything else not mentioned were dope cuts. I feel them. ;)

I give this a 4.5/5.

I don't feel this as a classic, but I feel it as a really great album if you know what I'm sayin'. 8)

The Watcher

« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2009, 10:10:20 PM »
just pre-ordered the album

this album was everything i was expecting
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2009, 10:28:34 PM »
I give this a 4.5/5.

I don't feel this as a classic, but I feel it as a really great album if you know what I'm sayin'. 8)

give this some time, we can't call it a classic first day.

*before somebody quotes me for saying it, i was joking so calm down lol*

but in a year we'll see what it truly stands as lol.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2009, 10:41:57 PM »
yo Joell brought it man lol.

i had my doubts about staying on that Royce/Crooked level & he exceeded expectations by a million. 8)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2009, 11:10:21 PM »

i had my doubts about staying on that Royce/Crooked level & he exceeded expectations by a million. 8)

Hard his verse on the first track is insane

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2009, 11:11:35 PM »

Hard his verse on the first track is insane

yeah, i never heard him spit that fast; but it worked for him. 8)

Rain Drops is the best song & i think the best verse on the whole album goes to Crooked's on Rain Drops. 8)

Blasphemy

« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2009, 11:55:19 PM »
4.5 as well. Different reasons. Compared to other albums out its a fucking 10, and the rest are 2/3/4s. lol Finally nice 2 see good rap come out. Haven't sold out yet. lol

KaiserSoze

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: SLAUGHTERHOUSE DISCUSSION THREAD (SLAUGUSTTTTTTTTTTTTT)
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2009, 01:36:53 AM »
god damn this is a real hiphop every song go hard anyone who doesnt feel this album should b takin to the back and shot dead in the head this is the best album ive heard in a long time i dont even remember when was the last time i heard somethin this ill

Real talk. Last time I was this excited about some rap shit was when I first heard NWA, and that was back when I first started listening to rap. I don't even know how far you'd have to go back to find an album which is truely on this album's level...MMLP maybe?

last album i heard that was on this albums level was big puns capital punishment

Snap, now that you mention it.

After a few more listens, I'd give it a 4.5 also, at first listen I said it was a classic but I think there are some things which could have been better, but it is still way sicker than anything out there just now.

As for the Joe Budden fans, for what it's worth, Budden is a dope MC but apart from a couple of verses on this album he is definately lagging behind Crooked, Joell and Royce. Not that Budden is wack on the album, just that the other's were ahead of him.

meecca

• 'G'
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2009, 01:44:21 AM »
Could someone who has all the leftovers pack them and put them up for download? I haven't listened to anything they've dropped in 2 months (except The One) because I want to hear the album fresh  :)
And do a driveby, fuck that, I walk by and I spray shit
then carve my name in your pavement

teletomble

« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2009, 01:59:58 AM »
Could someone who has all the leftovers pack them and put them up for download? I haven't listened to anything they've dropped in 2 months (except The One) because I want to hear the album fresh  :)

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2009, 02:28:02 AM »
Agreeably surprised again with that album, all 4 emcees ripped it real bad and beat selections are top notch except for Khalil's ones

The Overfiend

« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2009, 04:18:36 AM »
Solid and dope. This is a good rap album, 2 or 3 mediocre tracks, but overall I'll give it a 4.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2009, 05:54:08 AM »
god damn this is a real hiphop every song go hard anyone who doesnt feel this album should b takin to the back and shot dead in the head this is the best album ive heard in a long time i dont even remember when was the last time i heard somethin this ill

Real talk. Last time I was this excited about some rap shit was when I first heard NWA, and that was back when I first started listening to rap. I don't even know how far you'd have to go back to find an album which is truely on this album's level...MMLP maybe?

last album i heard that was on this albums level was big puns capital punishment
As for the Joe Budden fans, for what it's worth, Budden is a dope MC but apart from a couple of verses on this album he is definately lagging behind Crooked, Joell and Royce. Not that Budden is wack on the album, just that the other's were ahead of him.
Exactly my thoughts after listening to these tracks a lil more. He comes with that lazy half assed flow too often to be on the same caliber and lacks in the lyrics...c'mon, anyone think that on first track he didn't drag hiss ass behind the slaughterhouse train?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 05:57:42 AM by Booz »

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2009, 06:00:42 AM »
Cuckoo is fuckin dope, like most people I didn't like it when I first heard it & then like 2 days later I listened to it for the 2nd time & I automatically liked it. The One is great too, I don't know why everyone is crying about it. Does anyone here ever dance or go to clubs?? Anways I just skimmed through the album & it sounds great. Can anyone name all the songs that were left off from the retail CD??

For the record, I don't dislike either song.  I just didn't like them as much as the others.  "Cuckoo" took a little time to grow on me too.  When I first heard it, I just thought the beat was weird.  I always liked the lyrics.  But after a few spins, I was starting to like it.  It sounds fine, especially in the context of the rest of the album.  It's still not one of my favorites, but it's nowhere near a bad song.
  I actually, don't go to clubs.  I did when I was younger, but can't stand them now.  I'll still go out to the bar once in a while, but not clubs, so much.  But I realize other people do, and that's cool.  Actually, the idea of "Slaughterhouse" actually getting play in clubs is really cool to me.  I actually hope that does happen.  And as I said before, I do think the one has commercial appeal, and I think it may have what it takes to get some love in the clubs.  I hope so.  And I do give them credit for trying something new, with "The One."  Again, it's not one of my favorite "Slaughterhouse" tracks, but it's not at all bad.
  Overall, I think this album has something for everyone.  To me, it's the album of the summer.  Thus far, anyway.  I haven't heard an album this good in some time.
Yeah that wasn't directed at your post, just in general to people who were talking bad about the tracks. Good looking that you didn't take this personal, some people on here are pretty emotional haha.

Could someone who has all the leftovers pack them and put them up for download? I haven't listened to anything they've dropped in 2 months (except The One) because I want to hear the album fresh  :)

Props

famozni

• 'G'
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2009, 07:39:50 AM »
can someody hook me up with DL i could only find password files, it wont oppen