Author Topic: Slaughterhouse-Slaughterhouse-2009-H3X (Discussion Thread)  (Read 9782 times)

Invincible

Re: Slaughterhouse-Slaughterhouse-2009-H3X (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2009, 09:57:12 AM »
Its a good solid album. I agree with Meho on the no standout tracks. I was a bit dissapointed by the production on here personally. Id give it a 4/5 for the lyrical content on here as all came strong. Basically what I am saying is if the production was better, this would have been a 5/5 album for me for sure.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2009, 10:06:14 AM »
everyones standards are so high nowadays when everything that comes out is levels beyond this.... it's been a minute since we had a rap album sound so good all the way through.

royce and budden kill rain drops

4.5/5

HipHopISalive

• 'G'
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2009, 10:17:03 AM »
the track with fatman scoop is track of the year so far  :o :o :o :o 8) 8) 8) 8)
CHARGERS, BLAZERS, CANUCKS, UCLA

Matty

« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2009, 10:23:05 AM »
production is definitely the let down on here. they need more minimalist beats, on the more crowded sounding songs you can't hear what's going too well on and joe budden in particular is barely audible. that's my main criticism really. apart from that, it's great, but the more hardcore sounding beats definitely make for the best tracks, imo.

JohnnyL

Re: SLAUGHTERHOUSE DISCUSSION THREAD (SLAUGUSTTTTTTTTTTTTT)
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2009, 10:32:37 AM »
Cuckoo is fuckin dope, like most people I didn't like it when I first heard it & then like 2 days later I listened to it for the 2nd time & I automatically liked it. The One is great too, I don't know why everyone is crying about it. Does anyone here ever dance or go to clubs?? Anways I just skimmed through the album & it sounds great. Can anyone name all the songs that were left off from the retail CD??

For the record, I don't dislike either song.  I just didn't like them as much as the others.  "Cuckoo" took a little time to grow on me too.  When I first heard it, I just thought the beat was weird.  I always liked the lyrics.  But after a few spins, I was starting to like it.  It sounds fine, especially in the context of the rest of the album.  It's still not one of my favorites, but it's nowhere near a bad song.
  I actually, don't go to clubs.  I did when I was younger, but can't stand them now.  I'll still go out to the bar once in a while, but not clubs, so much.  But I realize other people do, and that's cool.  Actually, the idea of "Slaughterhouse" actually getting play in clubs is really cool to me.  I actually hope that does happen.  And as I said before, I do think the one has commercial appeal, and I think it may have what it takes to get some love in the clubs.  I hope so.  And I do give them credit for trying something new, with "The One."  Again, it's not one of my favorite "Slaughterhouse" tracks, but it's not at all bad.
  Overall, I think this album has something for everyone.  To me, it's the album of the summer.  Thus far, anyway.  I haven't heard an album this good in some time.
Yeah that wasn't directed at your post, just in general to people who were talking bad about the tracks. Good looking that you didn't take this personal, some people on here are pretty emotional haha.

Could someone who has all the leftovers pack them and put them up for download? I haven't listened to anything they've dropped in 2 months (except The One) because I want to hear the album fresh  :)

Props

It's all good, man.  I wasn't sure if you were referencing my earlier post or not.  But I thought maybe you were, since I had mentioned both "Cuckoo," and "The One."   But yeah, I just wanted to clarify what I said, because I didn't mean for it to sound like I disliked those songs.  They're definitely not bad songs.  It's just that in trying to write an even-handed review, I was trying to pick out any instance where some might have felt that the album fell short.  And on this album, that proved to be kind of tough to do. lol And those probably really weren't very good examples to use, but there just wasn't that much to write about in the "negative column." Like I said, any problems I had with the album were very minor.  Personally those two tracks were the weakest tracks to me.  But even the weak tracks on this album were a lot better than the stuff a lot of other artists are putting out, currently.
 I'm still very happy with how the album turned out.  I think if the group remains together they could make an even greater second album.    
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 10:34:38 AM by JohnnyL »

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2009, 10:48:53 AM »
half way through the album, sounds great. Royce is the standout for me

Matty

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2009, 11:28:43 AM »
Microphone = Beat of the year

now we just need an Eminem mix from the freestyle he done on westwood to this

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2009, 11:36:38 AM »

if they make an album they should get a feature from EM...royce can make it happen

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2009, 11:48:04 AM »

if they make an album they should get a feature from EM...royce can make it happen
emm this is an album or do u mean another one?

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2009, 11:49:16 AM »

emm this is an album or do u mean another one?
eminem

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2009, 01:13:04 PM »
i am going to pull some Source shit & hand this bitch "5 Mics". 8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2009, 01:14:49 PM »
anyone who use to say "Budden is terrible" have a change of opinon after bumping this shit? ;D 8)

westsiderider323

« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2009, 01:15:54 PM »
anyone who use to say "Budden is terrible" have a change of opinon after bumping this shit? ;D 8)

haha hell yea

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2009, 01:24:45 PM »
hang baby mother over 30 ft balcony look over the body like bitch shuldent of doubted me