Author Topic: Slaughterhouse-Slaughterhouse-2009-H3X (Discussion Thread)  (Read 9766 times)

Aero

• Lil Geezy
Re: SLAUGHTERHOUSE DISCUSSION THREAD (SLAUGUSTTTTTTTTTTTTT)
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2009, 02:28:04 PM »
someone please pm me a link!!

thanks in advance  8)

Lunatic

Re: Slaughterhouse-Slaughterhouse-2009-H3X (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2009, 03:24:32 PM »
1. Sound Off - This beat is epic. Intro appropriate as I like to call it. Royce kicks this shit off nicely; especially when the beat picks up and he starts flowing fast :o This hook hot as hell 2. Joell Ortiz murders this shit, especially when his flow picks up fast as well. Crooked I rips it 2, "the west treat me like i'm really king, pacqaio in the Philippines" lol and lol at ripping on skinny jeans, good shit. Love the fast flow once again. Like Budden's world play on this. Best possible opening track.
Rating: 5/5

2. Lyrical Murderers Ft. K. Young - Focus killed the beat. Dark and it hits heavy. K. Young hook has grown on me. Woah Crooked I kills it, "literary genius, bury rappers with words, a cemetery linguist"  :o Royce and Budden follow up nicely as well. Joell Ortiz comes real tight on this as well, definitely his verse 2nd to only Crooked I.

3. Microphone - What else you expect from Alchemist? Dope ass real hip-hop beat. Royce came real tight on here first. Crooked spits hard but I didn't like how he started with repeating "microphone" so often, but he really picks it up after in a major way :o Joell came dope as well "u body my verse is like a thick bitch leaving me" aha! Budden came tight 2.
Rating: 4.75/5

4. Not Tonight - Beat sounds very similar to that of the opener on the Budden album. The hook on this real hip-hop'ish in a hot way. Royce came cool. Crooked came tight, 2nd to only Ortiz. Budden came good 2, but Ortiz really kills this shit with his dope flow. Don't really like the X-mas jingle in the beat (or whatever you'd call that).
Rating: 4.5/5

5. The One Ft. The New Royales - Everyone heard this already. Love the beat and catchy hook. Royce comes cool. Crooked is good on this. Joey/Joell my favorite verse because of the funny ass quotables.
Rating: 4/5

6. In the Mind of Madness Skit - Funny as shit  :laugh:

7. Cuckoo - I like the aggressive Royce flow. The beat is interesting. Don't hate it, but don't love it either. This song has definitely grown on me though. Joell kinda sounds corny on it. Crooked I sounding real "cuckoo" on it with the pig face line  :laugh: Budden might have the best verse on this.
Rating: 4/5

8. The Phone Call Skit - Dope producer showing love.

9. Onslaught 2 Ft. Fatman Scoop - Royce came real damn tight on this with his flow :o Crooked I really killed this shit 2. "heavy hitter, call me Joell David Ortiz"  :laugh:Joell Ortiz came tighter than Crooked on this, about as good as Royce. Budden came the weakest on this.

10. Phone Call 2 Skit - Funny! "never pick up drunk ass ni99az" lol

11. Salute Ft. Pharoahe Monch - This beat real hot, Mr. Porter so slept on. Pharoahe really killed this hook 2. Budden dropped a good verse. Royce was dope as well. Joell Ortiz really bodies this, I'd say he got the best verse here. Crooked I was about on par with Royce and Budden.

12. Pray (It's A Shame) - Glad to see such a dope, real concept record on here DONE WELL. The sampled hook is fuckin sick and Budden murders his part in the hook as well.  Joell verse tight as shit; especially the part about his Pops. Royce verse real powerful 2 "my pops coke infest cum in my mama." Crooked I comes last and definitely has the best verse on the track!

13. Cut You Loose - Beat is decent, nothing mind breaking. Real talk on Royce verse about the game. Crooked comes in nice. Spitting hard at the A&R's lol. Ortiz murders it 2, "what's my single? ask the dude in a suit and a tie", real talk. Budden comes in 2nd behind Ortiz imo.
Rating: 4.5/5

14. Rain Drops Ft. Novel - Novel does good on the hook. Royce came real introspective on this which I like to hear. Crooked I - WOW. To ANYONE who ever called Crooked I a mix tape rapper, freestyles only or w.e else, SHUT UP now lol. This is as introspective song writing as it gets. Best verse on the song and probably whole album for sure. Budden came cool. Ortiz really killed this 2 talking about his family situation was dope. Probably my favorite song on the album.

15. Killaz Ft. Melanie Rutherford - Hook is cool. Beat is hot. Hook is simple but effective. Royce comes off real fucked up on this which is good  :laugh: Ortiz came real right 2! Crooked had the tightest verse imo though. Especially how he starts it off with that space blast line. Budden came dope 2.
Rating: 4.75/5

Overall: Album of the year, everything I hoped, expected and more. Period.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2009, 03:33:34 PM »
The next Slaughterhouse album is gonna be on some Life After Death/All Eyez On Me type shit beats wise. I put money on it. There will be some big time producers that once they hear this are going to want to in on the next project.

famozni

• 'G'
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2009, 04:28:51 PM »
anybody hook me up with a link?

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2009, 04:37:13 PM »
This is a crazy album, not 1 skippable song. Joell surprised me on this album BIG TIME, his flow on "Sound Off" was dope as fuck and he came deep on some too. They all came good on this album. Minus the skits (even though i didnt really mind them, some were funny) better beat for "Cukoo" and "Not Tonight" (the "Not Tonight" beat was used by Budden on his new album and Maino has used it aswell before Budden), this would be a classic. Still dope ass album and im copping it!!!

OchoCinco

« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2009, 04:56:05 PM »
the beat to Salute is making me go insane, i keep thinking my phone ringing when i listen to that track. annoying the fuck outta me

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2009, 04:58:55 PM »
The next Slaughterhouse album is gonna be on some Life After Death/All Eyez On Me type shit beats wise. I put money on it. There will be some big time producers that once they hear this are going to want to in on the next project.

yeah, esspecially since Royce, Crooked & Joey are really like internet freaks, checking what people's opinons are.

next album will have 5 times as good of beats.

although i can't complain about these beats; they're so tight & fit the music well, in my opinon.

Matty

« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2009, 05:03:18 PM »
album is growing on me big time now 8)

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2009, 05:18:09 PM »

yeah, esspecially since Royce, Crooked & Joey are really like internet freaks, checking what people's opinons are.

next album will have 5 times as good of beats.

although i can't complain about these beats; they're so tight & fit the music well, in my opinon.
producers are great on here from emile to porter to khalil

The Watcher

« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2009, 05:41:46 PM »
on the album, for me its joell > royce > crooked > joe

joell is really gonna suprise alot of people once they listen to the album, dude came out of nowhere and bodies nearly every track
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Okka

« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2009, 05:50:28 PM »
I still haven't checked out this shit, need to do it tomorrow for real.

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2009, 05:51:25 PM »

joell is really gonna suprise alot of people once they listen to the album, dude came out of nowhere and bodies nearly every track

wouldnt say he came from nowhere, Joells solo album is one of the best albums released in years

Prof@ssor

« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2009, 08:22:46 PM »
the only problem i have with this album is the production..some songs are just outstanding though, especially the Focus track  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JohnnyL

« Reply #103 on: August 01, 2009, 08:43:17 PM »

I don't know if I can pick out one of them as being the best throughout the entire album.  To me, there were certain tracks where one of them stood out more than the others.  I think they all had a chance to shine on here.  But I have to agree with you that Joell did surprise me on this album.  He really brought his A-Game on here.  On the track "Sound Off," for example.  They all sound dope as fuck.  But I think Joell might have taken first place on that one.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2009, 09:25:51 PM »
I decided to add all the other tracks they made to the album before I listened to it...

1.  Sound Off
2.  Slaughterhouse
3.  Onslaught Ft. Nino Bless
4.  Lyrical Murders Ft. Kay Young
5.  Microphone
6.  Not Tonight
7.  The One Ft. New Royales
8.  Woodstook (Hood Hop) Ft. M.O.P
9.  In The Mind of Madness (Skit)
10.  Cuckoo
11.  Warror
12.  The Phone Call (Skit)
13.  Onslaught 2 Ft. Fatman Scoop
14.  Wack MCs
15.  Fight Club
16.  The Phone Call 2 (Skit)
17.  Salute Ft. Pharaoche Monch
18.  Pray (It's a Shame)
19.  Cut You Loose
20.  Rain Drops Ft. Novel
21.  Killaz Ft. Melanie Rutherford
22.  Move On Remix

So, yeah, with that said I think their album is fucking phenomenal but is missing those extra tracks that they gave us for free.

Joell Ortiz, as I mentioned, showed his versatility with his flow which is exactly why he's shining so hard on the tape.   How can you sleep on dude?  I tell you sons he is on the path to be a legend.   

Budden sounded dope for the most part and I loved his skit which is basically a big clever fuck you to Wu-Tang.  I have to admit his double time flow needs a lot of work. 

Crooked did his thing which is basically perfected so ....

Like Crooked Royce basically has his style perfected and he did his thing.

I had my speakers blasting loud so the album's production sounded tight but if you turn it down you can tell they deserve better production. 

I need to buy the album...
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks