Author Topic: Slaughterhouse-Slaughterhouse-2009-H3X (Discussion Thread)  (Read 9778 times)

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
Re: Slaughterhouse-Slaughterhouse-2009-H3X (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2009, 09:32:20 PM »
4.5 on the first listen, only track I wasn't really feeling at first was Killerz, it'll grow on me tho. Can't wait to pick this up, one of those cd's u could bump and not press skip, they definently lived up to the hype.

Jome

« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2009, 09:43:59 PM »
Dope ass album, but some annoying factors:

- Some of the hooks sounds real forced, they should def. work more on that..
- Joe Budden can be annoying at times. I don't get it, some times he rips it with a normal voice, but some times he's using this nasal voice, like he's impersonating some annoying female or something.
- I expected DJ Khalil to have 2 of the 5 hottest beats on the album, but instead he produced the 2 worst tracks, one of them even a single.. wtf.
- Why doesn't Ortiz get his Twista on, more often? He ripped it on track 1, he should try that again if the beat allows it.
- Skits.. throwing phone calls on the album is so 1994. At least do it on the end of a song, so it doesn't take up a track number.
- Cuckoo. Yes, it annoys me, lol.
- Why the motherfluck would you have a legend like Pharoahe Monch and only make them him do the hook.. Salute nearly begged for a Pharoahe verse.  >:( Same goes for the M.O.P. track that didn't make it.
- Name-dropping each of the group members so many times can a get a lil annoying, it's borderline ass-kissing. Done creatively most of the times though.

Nit-picking.. yeah, probably.  :D

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2009, 09:49:05 PM »

- Joe Budden can be annoying at times. I don't get it, some times he rips it with a normal voice, but some times he's using this nasal voice, like he's impersonating some annoying female or something.
- I expected DJ Khalil to have 2 of the 5 hottest beats on the album, but instead he produced the 2 worst tracks, one of them even a single.. wtf.
- Why doesn't Ortiz get his Twista on, more often? He ripped it on track 1, he should try that again if the beat allows it.
- Skits.. throwing phone calls on the album is so 1994. At least do it on the end of a song, so it doesn't take up a track number.
- Why the motherfluck would you have a legend like Pharoahe Monch and only make them him do the hook.. Salute nearly begged for a Pharoahe verse.  >:( Same goes for the M.O.P. track that didn't make it.
- Name-dropping each of the group members so many times can a get a lil annoying, it's borderline ass-kissing. Done creatively most of the times though.

jome if ready to die didnt drop in 94 but dropped today wuld you look for 10 things to hate about that album?? i feel you rather point out the bad than just enjoy the damn music

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2009, 09:54:29 PM »
Jome ain't hating.  He's just sharing thoughts.  Let's not make this negative....with that said...

To provide some reflection on your comments...not disagreeing just some counter arguments, thoughts i had

1.  I'm glad Ortiz doesn't use that flow all the time.  It makes appreciate him more when he switches it up like when Crooked I did W's Down.

2.  Dj Khalil is working on Detox and is most likely expensive

3.  What hooks do you dislike?

4.  I'm glad they kept guest verses to a minimum due to the fact their are 4 major spitters on the album, it's better they dominant.

5.  Name dropping "slaughterhouse" or any of the members is important only because if the blow outside of the internet  and their selective regional markets who knows who is who?

6.  Cuckoo is amazing.  I love when a track purposefully is something and succeeds.  Cuckoo is supposed to sound that way.  It's brilliant!  

As for the phone skits that's just nit picking but they were weak compared to Budden's skit.  It would've been better if they each had their own skit adapted to their individual personalities so you get a sense of each member.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2009, 10:04:45 PM »
ALSO!

Is that 50 cent on the beginning of Salute?  I turned my head like what the fuck?
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2009, 10:09:45 PM »
ALSO!

Is that 50 cent on the beginning of Salute?  I turned my head like what the fuck?

LOL, i think so.

i was hype when i heard 50 made the cut, technically. ;D

TRG

« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2009, 10:10:07 PM »
ALSO!

I did the exact same thing. Sound like a mixtape intro or something. Came outta nowhere.

Kool Beenz

« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2009, 10:14:40 PM »
downloading it now im gonna listen to it then drop my feedback and see if its worth buying

TRG

« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2009, 10:14:54 PM »

I agree with most of that. Especially the skits. I dont think they were even necessary :-\

Monch def should've had a verse. 1 guest verse would've been fine with me, especially if it came from Pharoahe Monch.

JohnnyL

« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2009, 11:25:21 PM »
 Wow...I just saw on another forum a fan-made version of this album where they cut Crooked I's verses out of the album.  >:(     They even cut his pic off the album cover. (Gave it some stupid name like "There's No I in Slaughterhouse." It was originally posted by some dude from a Joe Budden fan site.  The amount of hate Crooked I gets from some of the Joe Budden fans still amazes me.  Lol...And even some of the people on this other forum that were defending Crooked were saying shit like "oh, he wasn't that bad," or " Crooked's aight," or "every group has to have a weak link..." WTF!?! Weak Link?  Not that bad?  Dude was a standout on quite a few of the tracks.  I just don't understand the mentality.  Like when you sign up to be a member of the Joe Budden fan club, do they make you sign a paper where you agree to hate on Crooked I for the rest of your natural life? 

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2009, 11:56:36 PM »
I just don't understand the mentality.  Like when you sign up to be a member of the Joe Budden fan club, do they make you sign a paper where you agree to hate on Crooked I for the rest of your natural life? 
Well you gotta understand that Joe made fun of Crooked I so they are obviously dickriding for Budden...goddamn, these must be the worst groupies ever.  :laugh:
I understand them though, they gotta cover-up any trace of Budden being the weakest link. Too bad Royce already said that Crooked killed these tracks.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2009, 02:09:01 AM »
ALSO!

LOL, i think so.

i was hype when i heard 50 made the cut, technically. ;D

Hah I would love to see 50 actually make a track with these dudes. He's cool as hell with Mr Porter so it wouldn't of been a thing to get that on the start of his track, bugged me out though lol

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #117 on: August 02, 2009, 02:09:08 AM »
I just don't understand the mentality.  Like when you sign up to be a member of the Joe Budden fan club, do they make you sign a paper where you agree to hate on Crooked I for the rest of your natural life? 
Well you gotta understand that Joe made fun of Crooked I so they are obviously dickriding for Budden...goddamn, these must be the worst groupies ever.  :laugh:
I understand them though, they gotta cover-up any trace of Budden being the weakest link. Too bad Royce already said that Crooked killed these tracks.

Bottom line, Budden stans make Crooked I stans look like casual fans. They operate on another level. I know it sounds funny like I'm exaggerating, but it's true.

Make no mistake about it though, I like Joe Budden's music, which is all that matters.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #118 on: August 02, 2009, 03:07:09 AM »
Mixtape material. Like action films in 2009, the album is too loud most of the time. Slaughterhouse is like a bodybuilding contest on a CD, everyone is just flexing their muscles. The songs are loosely connected together. Often I feel like I'm listening one of those awful "This is hits 199X" collections they put out in the 90s. I give it two and a half butcher knives out of five.

Mentionable songs:
Rain Drops
Onslaught 2
Cut You Loose
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2009, 06:31:56 AM »
Mixtape material. Like action films in 2009, the album is too loud most of the time. Slaughterhouse is like a bodybuilding contest on a CD, everyone is just flexing their muscles. The songs are loosely connected together. Often I feel like I'm listening one of those awful "This is hits 199X" collections they put out in the 90s. I give it two and a half butcher knives out of five.

Mentionable songs:
Rain Drops
Onslaught 2
Cut You Loose

C'est la vie, can't please everyone all the time