Author Topic: Slaughterhouse-Slaughterhouse-2009-H3X (Discussion Thread)  (Read 9765 times)

JohnnyL

Re: Slaughterhouse-Slaughterhouse-2009-H3X (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2009, 08:38:02 AM »
I just don't understand the mentality.  Like when you sign up to be a member of the Joe Budden fan club, do they make you sign a paper where you agree to hate on Crooked I for the rest of your natural life? 
Well you gotta understand that Joe made fun of Crooked I so they are obviously dickriding for Budden...goddamn, these must be the worst groupies ever.  :laugh:
I understand them though, they gotta cover-up any trace of Budden being the weakest link. Too bad Royce already said that Crooked killed these tracks.

Bottom line, Budden stans make Crooked I stans look like casual fans. They operate on another level. I know it sounds funny like I'm exaggerating, but it's true.

Make no mistake about it though, I like Joe Budden's music, which is all that matters.

Yeah.  I've noticed the Budden fans on here are very respectful.  So it isn't all the Budden fans.  But apparently, there's several places online where the Joe Budden fans are more like Joe Budden Cult members.  I also like Joe Budden's music.  But I don't see where it's written in stone that if you like Joe Budden songs, you have to hate Crooked I songs. lol  That doesn't make even a little bit of sense.  That's crazy.  Even Joe Budden himself likes Crooked I's music.  Why would his fans, as a group, decide Crooked I "is what's wrong with hip hop," ?  Ridiculous.

they're fans like those "Joe Budden Groupies" for EVERY rapper lol.

you guys need to just look at the plain facts, Joe Budden has more online support than any other rapper, Wayne probably has more stans, but they don't post online.

not to mention Joe Budden has the most online support, but probably an equal amount of hating; he went at the "greatest rap group ever", people go online only to see people stating facts that he is better than their favorite rappers, people just gain hate.

it's like when you talk about two rappers, if there is a debating saying "Luda >>> T.I>", if points are made to support one artist, the T.I. fans will dislike Luda more & more, until they can't stand Luda & vice versa.

look at the real picture, people who hate on Budden have this to say;

he doesn't sell - the obvious reaching comment to try to make a point, when NOBODY sells lol, but it's funny because it's Joe Budden.
he's a complaing bitch - has nothing to do with the music he makes, but people don't like his opinons, but they continue to post on message boards preaching lol.
no charisma - the CLEAR, "i haven't heard a Joe Budden song since Pump It Up" lol, the Slaughterhouse album are probably the first verses people have heard since Pump It Up.

nothing to do with the music as you can see, besides the charisma thing; which is nuts because he clearly has some & at the same time makes deep, personal music.

Yeah.  But I don't really understand what one thing has to do with the other.  For example, at least with Ludacris and T.I., those two rappers had beef with each other.  So you could see where their respective fans would feel more inclined to pick a side.  But with Joe Budden and Crooked I they're both friends.  There doesn't even need to be sides.  Maybe I haven't seen enough of this argument.  But I hadn't noticed Crooked I fans as a group, disrespecting Joe Budden.  Maybe they are now.  To me, it's the ultimate disrespect that they would make a version of this album where they completely cut Crooked I out.

BTW, there's also a Budden-less Slaughter House album floating around now too. SMH

Geez.  That's ridiculous too.  That's like the ultimate insult to the four people who spent the time and effort to make this album great. 

I know who the dude is that made the Crooked I-less Slaughter House album. He's from Budden's forum. The Budden-less Slaughter House album on the other hand was made by someone from the SOHH forums.

What is the SOHH Forum?  I think I've seen it mentioned on here before, but I have to confess that I don't think I even know what it is.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2009, 08:40:52 AM »
I just don't understand the mentality.  Like when you sign up to be a member of the Joe Budden fan club, do they make you sign a paper where you agree to hate on Crooked I for the rest of your natural life? 
Well you gotta understand that Joe made fun of Crooked I so they are obviously dickriding for Budden...goddamn, these must be the worst groupies ever.  :laugh:
I understand them though, they gotta cover-up any trace of Budden being the weakest link. Too bad Royce already said that Crooked killed these tracks.

Bottom line, Budden stans make Crooked I stans look like casual fans. They operate on another level. I know it sounds funny like I'm exaggerating, but it's true.

Make no mistake about it though, I like Joe Budden's music, which is all that matters.

Yeah.  I've noticed the Budden fans on here are very respectful.  So it isn't all the Budden fans.  But apparently, there's several places online where the Joe Budden fans are more like Joe Budden Cult members.  I also like Joe Budden's music.  But I don't see where it's written in stone that if you like Joe Budden songs, you have to hate Crooked I songs. lol  That doesn't make even a little bit of sense.  That's crazy.  Even Joe Budden himself likes Crooked I's music.  Why would his fans, as a group, decide Crooked I "is what's wrong with hip hop," ?  Ridiculous.

you guys need to just look at the plain facts, Joe Budden has more online support than any other rapper, Wayne probably has more stans, but they don't post online.

not to mention Joe Budden has the most online support, but probably an equal amount of hating; he went at the "greatest rap group ever", people go online only to see people stating facts that he is better than their favorite rappers, people just gain hate.

it's like when you talk about two rappers, if there is a debating saying "Luda >>> T.I>", if points are made to support one artist, the T.I. fans will dislike Luda more & more, until they can't stand Luda & vice versa.

he doesn't sell - the obvious reaching comment to try to make a point, when NOBODY sells lol, but it's funny because it's Joe Budden.
he's a complaing bitch - has nothing to do with the music he makes, but people don't like his opinons, but they continue to post on message boards preaching lol.
no charisma - the CLEAR, "i haven't heard a Joe Budden song since Pump It Up" lol, the Slaughterhouse album are probably the first verses people have heard since Pump It Up.

nothing to do with the music as you can see, besides the charisma thing; which is nuts because he clearly has some & at the same time makes deep, personal music.

Yeah.  But I don't really understand what one thing has to do with the other.  For example, at least with Ludacris and T.I., those two rappers had beef with each other.  So you could see where their respective fans would feel more inclined to pick a side.  But with Joe Budden and Crooked I they're both friends.  There doesn't even need to be sides.  Maybe I haven't seen enough of this argument.  But I hadn't noticed Crooked I fans as a group, disrespecting Joe Budden.  Maybe they are now.  To me, it's the ultimate disrespect that they would make a version of this album where they completely cut Crooked I out.

BTW, there's also a Budden-less Slaughter House album floating around now too. SMH

Geez.  That's ridiculous too.  That's like the ultimate insult to the four people who spent the time and effort to make this album great. 

I know who the dude is that made the Crooked I-less Slaughter House album. He's from Budden's forum. The Budden-less Slaughter House album on the other hand was made by someone from the SOHH forums.

What is the SOHH Forum?  I think I've seen it mentioned on here before, but I have to confess that I don't think I even know what it is.

This > http://forums.projectcovo.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=1

wcsoldier

« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2009, 08:41:37 AM »
Some people need to find better things to do than wasting time to edit one rapper's all verses on an album ... seriously

Invincible

« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2009, 08:41:57 AM »
I doubt I will still bump this in 2 or 3 months ...

Agreed. The album gets more boring the more I listen to it. The beats really aren't doing it for me. I predict the next album they do will be much better. They need to steer clear of Streetrunner as he is not a great producer for me. Khalil was a letdown on here big time. Alchemist, Emile, Focus and Mr Porter came through alright for me, not their strongest beats. Keep them (including Khalil, he just better bring some better beats next time) and get some Premo on the next one and it should be better.

I wish they would do a darker album ...  most of the beats should come from Alchemist , Havoc , Primo ...

I can confirm that Royce has already said that Alchemist & Premo will be on the next Slaughter House album. They've already got a couple of Alchemist beats in the stash.

Excellent.

Invincible

« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2009, 08:43:33 AM »
Some people need to find better things to do than wasting time to edit one rapper's all verses on an album ... seriously

Was thinking that too. They've obviously got a bit too much time on their hands.

JohnnyL

« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2009, 09:00:52 AM »

This > http://forums.projectcovo.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=1

Lol.  Okay.  I checked it out, and found the link to what you were talking about.  I can't believe people waste their time editing an album like that.   I think doing that is just as bad as taking Crooked I off the album.  People do have too much time on their hands.

Jome

« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2009, 10:45:44 AM »
jome if ready to die didnt drop in 94 but dropped today wuld you look for 10 things to hate about that album?? i feel you rather point out the bad than just enjoy the damn music

The post must have went over your head.
Usually I can count the good tracks on a hiphop album on one hand, this time I had to look for negative/annoying factors instead, not "hate" as you put it.

To provide some reflection on your comments...not disagreeing just some counter arguments, thoughts i had

1.  I'm glad Ortiz doesn't use that flow all the time.  It makes appreciate him more when he switches it up like when Crooked I did W's Down.
2.  Dj Khalil is working on Detox and is most likely expensive
3.  What hooks do you dislike?
4.  I'm glad they kept guest verses to a minimum due to the fact their are 4 major spitters on the album, it's better they dominant.

As for the phone skits that's just nit picking but they were weak compared to Budden's skit.  It would've been better if they each had their own skit adapted to their individual personalities so you get a sense of each member.

1. Not all the time, but he should try it more often.
2. Doubt DJ Khalil is expensive yet, he's working with a lot of unknown acts.
3. Track 1, 4, 5 & 15 had poor hooks.
4. Pharoahe should of course have a verse, and Billy/Fame should at least have a back-and-forth verse on Woodstock.

LOL @ this:

Slaughterhouse-Slaughterhouse-(No_Joe_Budden_Edition)-2009

┌Release Notes────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
│ fu*k Joe Budden. I was listening to "Cut You Loose" and I   │
│ decided to cut Buttons loose. He is featured on some tracks │
│ only because once he was on the hook, one was a skit and    │
│ the other time he did a half verse with Joell and I ain't   │
│ takin' out Ortiz.                                           │
│                                                             │
│ Next time, he shouldn't be opening his mouth about Hip-Hop  │
│ legends like Method Man. I'm sure he forgot to tell Method  │
│ about the jab on this album. NOT, he was probably to scared │
│ to get knocked the fu*k out without anybody bein' there to  │
│ save his bi*ch ass.                                         │
└───────────────────────

Slaughterhouse-There's_No_"I"_In_Slaughterhouse-2009

Budden & Crooked-fans obviously have a dickriding championship going on..  :D

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2009, 04:39:02 PM »

i just picked two names for example.

but lets say you have Eminem vs. Crooked I, as you give strong points on Slim, the Crooked fans lose more & more love for Shady because somebody is comparing them to their favorite artist.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #143 on: August 02, 2009, 06:09:10 PM »
buddens has the worst verse on damn near every song

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2009, 06:14:22 PM »
so download the version without budden, dude gets trashed every other thread jus download the one without him

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2009, 06:39:27 PM »
just giving my opinion

just finished the album... pretty good. inbetween 3.5 and 4 right now... i just think its too short and theres not enough highlights

best tracks: not tonight, onslaught 2, cut you loose

Lunatic

« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2009, 08:18:38 PM »
I'm a huge Budden fan and also think he has the worst verse on most songs. He did come the best on Cuckoo though.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2009, 08:37:00 PM »
I still think Move On is their best song...though I personally love the album. 

If I were to remove my personal feelings I would say,

1. The beat selection was weak.  Cuckoo and the one probably had the best beats.  Why?  Each beat fits the concept of the songs. 

2.  There needed to be a strong conceptual tie-in for the album.  For example, the concept of the album could have been introducing the world to each of the 4 members.  They could have done this with 4 in the mind skits, one for each member.  I think that Budden skit was brilliant. 

But, as we all know even if some of us don't want to admit it, Slaughterhouse also serves as a major vehicle in moving their solo careers forward by increasing their fan bases and industry connections.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

ikke

« Reply #148 on: August 02, 2009, 08:50:28 PM »
I still think Move On is their best song...though I personally love the album. 

If I were to remove my personal feelings I would say,

1. The beat selection was weak.  Cuckoo and the one probably had the best beats.  Why?  Each beat fits the concept of the songs. 

2.  There needed to be a strong conceptual tie-in for the album.  For example, the concept of the album could have been introducing the world to each of the 4 members.  They could have done this with 4 in the mind skits, one for each member.  I think that Budden skit was brilliant. 

But, as we all know even if some of us don't want to admit it, Slaughterhouse also serves as a major vehicle in moving their solo careers forward by increasing their fan bases and industry connections.
like they got the cash for an album full of good beats

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #149 on: August 02, 2009, 08:50:28 PM »

Yup I don't dislike dude at all but he sounded like he was struggling to keep up on most songs, escpecially the intro, 3 amazing verses, then Buddens comes on some average tip. That nasally voice with the ave flow he does is wack too, cos he has the ability to kill it. I think he was feeling himself too much on this and didn't push himself too hard, Roce and Crooked write to fast for him lol