Author Topic: Slaughterhouse-Slaughterhouse-2009-H3X (Discussion Thread)  (Read 9770 times)

Jaydc555

Re: Slaughterhouse-Slaughterhouse-2009-H3X (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #165 on: August 03, 2009, 04:14:00 PM »
i got to listen to the album on friday and see them live on saturday!it worked out perfect

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2009, 01:04:03 AM »
anyone who use to say "Budden is terrible" have a change of opinion after bumping this shit? ;D 8)
the exact opposite, actually.

i wasnt a fan before this, but after listening to the album a few times, he should of been left on the cutting room floor. he has a couple good verses but he cant even compete with royce, crooked or ortiz, who shined the most, imo. 

now im wondering more than ever why people ride his jock so much.  the other 3 really put it down, and joe was just "meh".

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Kool Beenz

« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2009, 02:45:38 AM »
great album....

great for hip hop...

Joe budden is obviously the weakest out of all them........

wish Kurupt, any of of the bone thugs, tech n9ne, game, chami, ras kass, or eminem were on  a featured track... that would be fuckin dope...

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2009, 02:56:08 AM »
great album....

great for hip hop...

wish Kurupt, any of of the bone thugs, tech n9ne, game, chami, ras kass, or eminem were on  a featured track... that would be fuckin dope...
Now that list seems more relevant based on mic skills at this moment.

conor48

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Creeping On Ah Come Up..
« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2009, 02:40:51 PM »
great album....

great for hip hop...

Now that list seems more relevant based on mic skills at this moment.

you forgot about krayzie bone..consistency personfied

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2009, 02:51:39 PM »
Budden is getting way to much hate but that doesnt surprise me.  There wasn't one weak verse by anyone on this whole album.

DIP DIP SET SET

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #171 on: August 04, 2009, 03:00:55 PM »
All I'm saying in this thread:

Disappointing song concepts

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #172 on: August 04, 2009, 03:02:30 PM »
I just don't understand the mentality.  Like when you sign up to be a member of the Joe Budden fan club, do they make you sign a paper where you agree to hate on Crooked I for the rest of your natural life?  
Well you gotta understand that Joe made fun of Crooked I so they are obviously dickriding for Budden...goddamn, these must be the worst groupies ever.  :laugh:
I understand them though, they gotta cover-up any trace of Budden being the weakest link. Too bad Royce already said that Crooked killed these tracks.

Bottom line, Budden stans make Crooked I stans look like casual fans. They operate on another level. I know it sounds funny like I'm exaggerating, but it's true.

Make no mistake about it though, I like Joe Budden's music, which is all that matters.

Yeah.  I've noticed the Budden fans on here are very respectful.  So it isn't all the Budden fans.  But apparently, there's several places online where the Joe Budden fans are more like Joe Budden Cult members.  I also like Joe Budden's music.  But I don't see where it's written in stone that if you like Joe Budden songs, you have to hate Crooked I songs. lol  That doesn't make even a little bit of sense.  That's crazy.  Even Joe Budden himself likes Crooked I's music.  Why would his fans, as a group, decide Crooked I "is what's wrong with hip hop," ?  Ridiculous.

Yeah, I'm not talking about here. I'm talking about at Budden's forum. That's where the majority of the anti-Crooked, anti-Joell, anti-Royce charades goes down. Hell even anti-Joe sometimes depending on the circumstances. LOL

Also, if it ain't Mood Muzik-style of music, then they're gonna be hard to please. Lastly, I also think that whenever either Joell, Crooked or Royce stand out or shines more over a Slaughter House track, they're hesitant to give props to that artist. It's like they don't wanna acknowledge that those other 3 dudes are actually dope. They always try to find fault in something with those artists. But I will say that Joe gets criticized too, but in a different way.

Part of their issue with people like Crooked is that they think he's too technical and heavy with the multi-syllable style of raps. They feel like he has no substance and that all he does is rhyme random words together. Yet those same people will turn around and say they love Eminem's music. SMH That's not a slight to Em, because I'm a fan of his too.

That is exactly the reason I stopped posting there after the jump to JBTV.

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #173 on: August 04, 2009, 03:05:55 PM »

Yeah that is my only complaint with this album

DIP DIP SET SET

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #174 on: August 04, 2009, 03:09:01 PM »

Yeah that is my only complaint with this album

I absolutely can't stand A.D.D. verses, no matter how lyrical they are..

GSmith

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #175 on: August 04, 2009, 04:32:16 PM »
Does anyone els find it funny they mention Eminem three times on the album? I hope they make a track together.

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #176 on: August 04, 2009, 05:05:41 PM »
Hmmn this is a solid album, dope considering the short time period they made it in but is it just me or is there hardly any replay value to this? When i go to listen to it, i find myself only either playing 'Sound Off', 'Microphone' (best song on the album) or 'Raindrops' everything else gets a tad boring like a minute in.

The best thing about the album is that Royce is all over it, Joell really proved how good he is and well Crooked did the wat was expected, the low point was Budden, he really got shown up on this imo, its not that hes so much worse than the others i just think that he sounded lazy

A second album would be something to look forward to but i doubt they'll be around that long as a group

Jaydc555

« Reply #177 on: August 04, 2009, 05:36:15 PM »
I dont know i love this album and people complaining about concepts and that i mean 95 percent of hip hop albums are like that so youd think you would be used to it by now.I think ive listened to it around 20 times now and im always catching hot lines.But me personally i would rather listen to an emcee just flow with no hook for 15 minutes then listen to some boring structured song with a hook every 30 seconds.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #178 on: August 04, 2009, 06:27:59 PM »
I dont know i love this album and people complaining about concepts and that i mean 95 percent of hip hop albums are like that so youd think you would be used to it by now.I think ive listened to it around 20 times now and im always catching hot lines.But me personally i would rather listen to an emcee just flow with no hook for 15 minutes then listen to some boring structured song with a hook every 30 seconds.

They're not telling a story on most of the tracks though.  There's no message that is gonna reach you..  This is why I rate Lupe Fiasco in my top 5 right now..  He's as lyrical as any of them, but he tells a story/message with his skills..  We discussed this before the album dropped, with why Move On was their best song yet..  I think Joe Budden and Papoose prove how you just can't spit some shit for 8 minutes..  A hook helps bring a song together, it helps get the message across..  A structured song is one finely created and shows a true caring for the craft by the artist imo.

I just wish the songs would make me think about something more important/relevant to my life than how they just twisted some words up..  They got one half of the formula down, but the other half isn't there..

With that being said, it's good for a couple spins through to catch some good lines, but after you've heard/figured them all out, there's no replay value at all..

Jaydc555

« Reply #179 on: August 04, 2009, 06:56:59 PM »
If you want that music then go listen to that music,Everyone knew what slaughterhouse was going to be about from the very beginning.Straight lyrics.I mean go listen to wu tangs first album that album was the same no real concepts,just straight out emceeing.Not everything has to be story telling and heart wrenching.This is what it is,I personally love it.