Author Topic: Slaughterhouse-Slaughterhouse-2009-H3X (Discussion Thread)  (Read 9763 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: SLAUGHTERHOUSE DISCUSSION THREAD (SLAUGUSTTTTTTTTTTTTT)
« Reply #180 on: August 04, 2009, 07:45:12 PM »
People at joe buddens forum make me laugh so hard.A bunch of them are trashing the album saying its got no content.They just want a song full of depressing music.And then some are saying crooked i represents everything that is wrong with hip hop...like what the fuck.I love joe but hes got the fucking weirdest fans in the world i swear

that forum is FULL of idiots in the Joe Budden section

fucking morons LOL.  "yeah Joey is God, but that Crooked I, he's bad for hip hop" LMAO
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Slaughterhouse-Slaughterhouse-2009-H3X (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #181 on: August 04, 2009, 08:19:29 PM »
sounds like a crazy album
joels flow on one of the first traxx is crazy

the song wit p.monch is produced by mr porter isnt it?  (sounds like its him)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #182 on: August 04, 2009, 09:02:13 PM »

Yeah bro, Porter always brings the heat

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #183 on: August 04, 2009, 09:03:14 PM »
am i readin it wrong or does the first page say produced by streetrunner?

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #184 on: August 04, 2009, 11:03:47 PM »
am i readin it wrong or does the first page say produced by streetrunner?

Those credits got it wrong.

Paul

« Reply #185 on: August 05, 2009, 06:28:50 AM »
I dont know i love this album and people complaining about concepts and that i mean 95 percent of hip hop albums are like that so youd think you would be used to it by now.I think ive listened to it around 20 times now and im always catching hot lines.But me personally i would rather listen to an emcee just flow with no hook for 15 minutes then listen to some boring structured song with a hook every 30 seconds.

They're not telling a story on most of the tracks though.  There's no message that is gonna reach you..  This is why I rate Lupe Fiasco in my top 5 right now..  He's as lyrical as any of them, but he tells a story/message with his skills..  We discussed this before the album dropped, with why Move On was their best song yet..  I think Joe Budden and Papoose prove how you just can't spit some shit for 8 minutes..  A hook helps bring a song together, it helps get the message across..  A structured song is one finely created and shows a true caring for the craft by the artist imo.

I just wish the songs would make me think about something more important/relevant to my life than how they just twisted some words up..  They got one half of the formula down, but the other half isn't there..

With that being said, it's good for a couple spins through to catch some good lines, but after you've heard/figured them all out, there's no replay value at all..

Good post
funkyfreshintheflesh

JohnnyL

« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2009, 07:13:27 AM »
I dont know i love this album and people complaining about concepts and that i mean 95 percent of hip hop albums are like that so youd think you would be used to it by now.I think ive listened to it around 20 times now and im always catching hot lines.But me personally i would rather listen to an emcee just flow with no hook for 15 minutes then listen to some boring structured song with a hook every 30 seconds.

They're not telling a story on most of the tracks though.  There's no message that is gonna reach you..  This is why I rate Lupe Fiasco in my top 5 right now..  He's as lyrical as any of them, but he tells a story/message with his skills..  We discussed this before the album dropped, with why Move On was their best song yet..  I think Joe Budden and Papoose prove how you just can't spit some shit for 8 minutes..  A hook helps bring a song together, it helps get the message across..  A structured song is one finely created and shows a true caring for the craft by the artist imo.

I just wish the songs would make me think about something more important/relevant to my life than how they just twisted some words up..  They got one half of the formula down, but the other half isn't there..

With that being said, it's good for a couple spins through to catch some good lines, but after you've heard/figured them all out, there's no replay value at all..

I agree with most of what you're saying in this post.  I think having hooks on songs is important.  But it seems like most of their songs have hooks.  Also, I agree that a good hip hop album can't be all about just flexing one's lyrical skills.  There has to be more to the content than just clever punchlines.  But Slaughterhouse has several story/concept tracks on their album ("Salute," "Pray," and "Raindrops," for example).
 In my opinion this album was put out in haste so that Slaughterhouse could have the cd out at the same time that they were on tour.  But I think for the amount of time they had to finish the album, it turned out great.  I'm not saying it couldn't have been better, had they been able to take more time to complete it.  But I think for the timetable they had to work within,  the album is already better than 95% of the hip hop music that the industry keeps churning out. 
 Also, as a Crooked I fan, I think I'd rather take a slightly flawed, but still brilliant album that is released relatively on time, over them promising to deliver a "perfect" album, that will undoubtedly suffer from delay after delay.  At least, this first time out.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #187 on: August 05, 2009, 02:51:31 PM »
^^ lol you're right...  There are a few songs off this that I will play for ages I think.  Some music is better than no music..  I love Pray and Raindrops..  Soundoff is off the chain too.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #188 on: August 05, 2009, 09:04:04 PM »
slaugterhouse album is trash not 1 good song on the disc. shits wack  :-X

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #189 on: August 05, 2009, 09:06:49 PM »

co-sign.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #190 on: August 05, 2009, 09:07:23 PM »
slaugterhouse album is trash

just like your posts on this board
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #191 on: August 05, 2009, 09:08:51 PM »
slaugterhouse album is trash

just like your posts on this board

ohhhhhhhh snapppp! :o

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #192 on: August 06, 2009, 12:14:37 AM »
hack & cham keep riding the dick, shits a flop accept it  :'(

Prof@ssor

« Reply #193 on: August 06, 2009, 07:02:58 AM »

co-sign.

Ohhhh..mad your Joe sucked on the album? haha

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #194 on: August 06, 2009, 10:45:10 AM »
hack & cham keep riding the dick, shits a flop accept it  :'(

i co-signed; worst album in hip hop history.

co-sign.

Ohhhh..mad your Joe sucked on the album? haha

he was outshined, he didn't suck.

you can't point out one verse by any of them that was weak.