Author Topic: Chronic relit BONUS songs are...  (Read 1430 times)

acgrundy

Re: Chronic relit BONUS songs are...
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2009, 01:57:50 PM »
well couldn't they just put up the dre songs for download?  They don't need his permission for that...they are not selling them.

MakaveliThaDon1996

• 'G'
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2009, 02:14:44 PM »
The reason why we won't get any unreleased material is because Dre's lawyer told WideAwade, that if they're going to be sue by Dre, if they release his unreleased material.

ikke

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2009, 02:32:10 PM »
The reason why we won't get any unreleased material is because Dre's lawyer told WideAwade, that if they're going to be sue by Dre, if they release his unreleased material.
wasn't that the intire purpose of the takeover?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2009, 03:03:26 PM »
i think he knows if the tracks got out and got popular youd have all his lil ghost producers coming out the wood work to expose dre for being the fraud he is.

colin wolf,chris the glove,budda, daz, sam sneed and all them dudes would probably come out and want recognition for there work and we all know how touchy alize is about his legacy.

fuck him and his two overrated albums.

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2009, 03:11:44 PM »
a big "fuck you" to Dr. Gay for not letting the fans hear the unreleased music. i thought wideawake hold the rights to drop the released AND unreleased songs from the vaults. how could dre`s lawyers stop this?

MakaveliThaDon1996

• 'G'
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2009, 03:20:39 PM »
Dre is mad because Deathrow never paid him any royalties. I don't think we're ever going to get to hear his unreleased material unless WideAwade pays him the back royalties.

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2009, 03:37:05 PM »
a big "fuck you" to Dr. Gay for not letting the fans hear the unreleased music. i thought wideawake hold the rights to drop the released AND unreleased songs from the vaults. how could dre`s lawyers stop this?

WideAwake owns the masters not the rights to release or distribute material not part of the original recordings. Snoop and DPG can take similar action with some good attorneys.

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2009, 04:54:49 PM »
Maybe Dre doesnt like his unreleased material? Too emberrased of if? why else would he not want that stuff to be released. His fans are the benificiary here and plus he gets paid for whats being sold. Just strange that he holds a grudge for something that Suge did to him and not the new current owners. Or he's just an a-hole lol

MarshColin

« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2009, 04:57:16 PM »

In case you guys didn't hear, Dre is working on this album called Detox  ::). It might be keeping him so busy that he doesn't have time to deal with anything else. This shit is not even on Dre's radar. Right now his focus is on the future, not the past.

I'd also like to see a source for this "Dre's lawyers stopped it" talk. I think that somebody jumped to that conclusion, but maybe im wrong.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »
moves like this make me not care if alize ever drops another album again.

its blatent disrespect to his fans that been waiting for this shit...

MakaveliThaDon1996

• 'G'
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2009, 05:24:37 PM »

In case you guys didn't hear, Dre is working on this album called Detox  ::). It might be keeping him so busy that he doesn't have time to deal with anything else. This shit is not even on Dre's radar. Right now his focus is on the future, not the past.

I'd also like to see a source for this "Dre's lawyers stopped it" talk. I think that somebody jumped to that conclusion, but maybe im wrong.
I got info the info straight from Lara.

Busy? He only needs to give them permission to use the songs and he gets a check. What's so hard about that?

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2009, 05:27:37 PM »

Busy? He only needs to give them permission to use the songs and he gets a check. What's so hard about that?

Thats why I think the most likey scenerio is that he doesnt like his tracks from that era and hated the whole deathrow experience.

MakaveliThaDon1996

• 'G'
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2009, 05:31:07 PM »
I think Dre is still mad he never got paid at DR and wants all his back royalties. We know he was mad at Suge when he had to give up the rights to the Chronic when he left DR.

MarshColin

« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2009, 05:36:56 PM »

Ok if u got it straight from Lara then that's legit obviously. It's not as simple as giving permission when it comes to Dre. He is a perfectionist and probably doesn't want mediorce (in his opinion) music out there with his name on it. It sucks for us, but we can't be that mad at him because it is HIS music.

Efrain

« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2009, 06:37:06 PM »
Wow, if Dre doesn't allow any of his stuff (vocals or production) and all that 2pac material is locked down with red tape then WideAwake just bought a lemon.